Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I also seem to remember the ruins are outside the city, but it's good to know how far away.

The well seems too easy, but at least it's worth a try. Am I right to assume it is also close to the entrance to Waldo's tower?
It was close to where we fought Mani - near that alchemist shop

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
JustinCase said:
[TD]How close to each other are the locations?
1. Lord Mayor's Garden
2. Wizards' council
3. The well
4. Black Cat (Mr. Aceron)
5. Ruins of Sem La Vah
6. The Guild

Personally I think numbers 1, 2, 3 and 5 hold the most promise, but I'm curious about proximity and therefore ease of reaching.[/TD]
[/TR]
1. The Lord Mayor's garden is back near the Gate of Scales on the grounds of the Hollingsworth Estate.

2. The Wizard Council is in the Wizard District, which means leaving Old City entirely and then trying to get into the Wizard District itself. They rarely let in outsiders unless accompanied by a wizard in good standing. Vinny could get into that district without any issues, but they might keep the rest of you out. Of course, the Exemplars have become quite popular, so they might forgo protocols and restrictions for the group.

Neurotic said:
Akos would go for the well.
JustinCase said:
The well seems too easy, but at least it's worth a try. Am I right to assume it is also close to the entrance to Waldo's tower?
3. The well is in the Jade Thicket, which sits in an adjacent ward to the ward where Stormgrove Manor is located. (Stormgrove's ward is known as the Lilal Ward while the ward where the thicket is is called South Ward. Both are named for their respective gates that lead out of Old City.) The thicket sits along the walls in between the Green Gateway and Red Arch.

Neurotic said:
He can speak with aceron without problems, of course, but it is probably low priority target for high level group
4. The Black Cat Tavern is also in South Ward. Both it and the thicket are the closest locations to Stormgrove Manor.

I think ruins (#5) are outside Bluffside?
I also seem to remember the ruins are outside the city, but it's good to know how far away.
5. Yes, the ruins are outside all the separated districts of Bluffside. I'll post the main city map for you guys again that shows all of the districts and where Sem La Vah is located in relation.

Neurotic said:
Thieves guild might be our best bet, it may be a staging area for The Dusk too, if we're lucky
6. All evidence points to the thieves' guild being located in/under the shop known as The Crossed Candles, which is in the Golden Ward near the Gate of Lilies, which leads into the Gardens. That is back on the other side of Old City and is the closest location to the portal next to the Old Growers' Tower that leads to Phelix's enclave.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Main Map with the Districts of Bluffside
Bluffside_Map_districts.jpg

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Reminder! The Five have been moved to the Military District. New City is where the game started with the previous group. Old City is where your PCs are located in the southeast part of the district.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Next up is a revised PC map for Old City with key locations noted on it. That will take a bit more time and I need to have lunch first. 🍽️

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The PCs are currently at Stormgrove Manor near the Lilal Gate in the southeast part of the district. (Reminder that North is towards the left side of the map (your left) where the Gardens are located.) The PCs can get to both the Black Cat Tavern and the Jade Thicket through the Green Gateway, which leads into South Ward. Also in that ward is Spindle's Apothocary.

To get to the gardens at Hollingsworth Estate, the PCs would have to go through Patrons' Gate and Masque Arch, They would be back near the Dragori Embassy and the Gate of Scales. The garden is at the back of the estate, which is protected by a encircling wall. It is still unknown how an assassin could have gotten in to the estate to kill the Lord Mayor.

If asked, Florrie will tell the PCs that there aren't any tunnels of the Lantern Depths that go to the Lord Mayor's estate. Only the Pomander Estate has a tunnel that connects to the Lantern Depths, as she is the organizations patron among The Five. She helped create the Lanterns. While not every ward in Old City has access to a tunnel, there are tunnels (that she knows of) that come up in the Museum Ward, Theater Ward, Traders' Ward (south of South Ward), and Ward of Soldiers (where the barracks are located but not into the barracks).

To get to the Crossed Candles (the suspected foreign thieves guild), the PCs would have to go back to the Quill Gate and pass through The Trench and then down through Blade Gate into the Golden Ward.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
If you guys need any more details about the map and some of the locations, feel free to ask.

EDIT: Time for snooze. :sleep:

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
So it would be easiest to go to the Black Cat Tavern and the Jade Thicket first, then the Manor. If we’re still unsuccessful, we can then move on to the Ruins and/or Wizards District.

I’m not sure why we should go after the Thieves’ Guild right now, but perhaps I missed that.

I’d say we travel abovegrounds and only use the tunnels when absolutely necessary.

Thoughts?

Remove ads