• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E L5R / Rokugan for D&D 5E

We now have a release date of Aug 5th for this! I enjoyed the 3E D&D version of this and this new OGL version looks goods so far. My only concern is that it is OGL and not an in-house product owned by WotC, like the 3E version was, so that keeps all IP out of this version, if any of that would even belong in, though.

Voadam

Legend
We now have a release date of Aug 5th for this! I enjoyed the 3E D&D version of this and this new OGL version looks goods so far. My only concern is that it is OGL and not an in-house product owned by WotC, like the 3E version was, so that keeps all IP out of this version, if any of that would even belong in, though.

OGL does not mean there will be no LotFR intellectual property in the book. Most likely it means the LotFR IP will be designated product identity under the OGL and not legally reproducible in other OGL products without a separate license. Same as the 3e version.

OGL does not mean there will be no LotFR intellectual property in the book. Most likely it means the LotFR IP will be designated product identity under the OGL and not legally reproducible in other OGL products without a separate license. Same as the 3e version.

No, I was referring to no D&D IP in the book, if any of it would even fit the setting. The 3E version could use any of that because WotC owned the property when it was published. And the 5E version would have all LotFR IP available because the company making it owns LotFR.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast

The only IP I would want from a 5e version of L5R is L5R IP. beyond happy that WotC has nothing to do with this.

SakanaSensei

Adventurer
I might have to look at this even though I don't think I'd ever get it to my table due to interest. Maybe Clans can be reflavored and ported over, if I wanted it to be useful.

I think the LCG that FFG launched several years back is my favorite card game ever. Played a ton of it when it came out.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I love the rokugan setting, I wasn't too happy about the last edition (mechanically) so I didn't buy it, but I'm thinking this is going to be a must buy

After watching the trailer I feel the vibes L5R may become a multimedia franchise. I mean, and seriously, maybe in a future we could see an action-live adaptation of Rokugan in some streaming service.

Really I am interested into the no-human PCs, the nezumi, the tanuki and company.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads