• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Large White Dragon (Young)

Hella_Tellah said:
See, this is why I love templates so much.
"Oh, don't worry guys, it's just a level 4 lurk- SWEET MOTHER OF PELOR!!"
WHat's a lurk? And even more important - what's the SWEET MOTHER OF PELOR template? Does it make you a supernova, or a gas cloud?

Bayonet_Chris

First Post
Level of dragon

I got the impression it was easy to modify monsters based on the standard stats, etc.

Can't you make a level 12 white dragon level 16 by adding +2 to all of its ability modifiers? I mean, everything so far is based on base abilities and those scale by level. After that you're maybe adding a few hit points.

So the level 3 white dragon at level 6 would be something like:

Large White Dragon (Young)
Level 6 Solo Brute
Large Natural Magical Beast(Cold, Dragon)

AC 22
FORT 22
REF 20
WILL 21
HP 180/90 (Not sure on the HP mod off the top of my head)

INIT +3 SPD 6 FLY 6 (Hv)
Sense Preception +9;darkvision
Resist 15 cold; save +5
Attacks:
m Bite Reach 2; +8 vs AC; 1d8+6+1d6 cold
M Claw Reach 2; +8 vs AC; 1d8+6
M Double Attack Standard; 2 claw atks; if hits M or smaller with both, free basic melee atk against same target.
Coldsnap Opp atk that hits deals +1d6 cold.

Limited Powers
Action Points 2
Frightful Presence Burst 5; +6 vs Will; stunned 1 rd. Aftereffect -2 atk (save ends).
Breath Wpn Rchg 5. Blast 5; +6 vs Ref; 3d6+6 cold AND slowed AND weakened (save ends both)
Bloodied Breath Reaction, when first bloodied; breath wpn.

Abilities: Ice Walk, Overland Flight 10
Skills: Athletics +17

STR +7 (18) CON +7 (18) DEX +3 (10) INT +3 (10) WIS +4 (12) CHA +2 (8)

keterys

First Post
Well, it's Lvl/2 _and_ some X-factor for however much things like pluses of weapons go up. I suspect it'd be quite a bit better than the above for attack values, especially.

For hp, I _thought_ it was 5 * ((Role#_brute=10)*(lvl+1)+Con=18), but that would result in a 290 hp level 3 white dragon so I guess that's not right. Works for the black dragon, though 5 * ((Role#_skirmisher=8)*(lvl+1)+Con=16) = 280

Kavon

Explorer
So, anyone else have any mini cards with 4th edition stats they're holding out on us unfortunates?
Like, share the wealth, and such :]

Edit: Oh, and I think the XP value will be 750 (lvl 3 = 150 [confirmed, I believe], 150 * 5 [solo - 875/5 = 175 = lvl 4 xp] = 750)

Last edited:

Hof

Explorer
mhensley said:
Can he use his Double Attack all the time? If so, why would he ever use just the bite or just the claw?
statblock said:
Attacks:
m Bite Reach 2; +8 vs AC; 1d8+6+1d6 cold
M Claw Reach 2; +8 vs AC; 1d8+6
M Double Attack Standard; 2 claw atks; if hits M or smaller with both, free basic melee atk against same target.

The double attack lacks the 'Reach 2', so would be usable only against adjacent targets I guess. Unless of course the referral to the claw attacks includes that attack forms reach automatically. I dunno if it is at all significant, it just jumped out at me.

keterys

First Post
There's 60 minis in dungeons of dread... so there are lots more minis out there from people who got dungeons of dread minis at DDXP. Sadly, I was not one of them :(

JoeGKushner

First Post
Hopefully WoTC learns how to better utilize the bases on 4e. All of the "big" dragons are way too big for their bases resulting in a lot of wasted plastic and size. If it's body doesn't fit on the base, it's too big. ;)

Jhaelen

First Post
Novem5er said:
I can see a 15th level party catching wind that a scaly beast lairs in a near by cavern, and thinking: "Gotta be green, blue, or red b/c we've already passed white and black in level".
I don't see that. You'll still be able to add class levels, advance them, apply a template or surround them with minions.

Remove ads