D&D (2024) Last minute guesses about what WotC did with the Bard

mellored

Legend
I expect very little changes from 2014. Their old spell list, inspiration dice, ect...
Counter charm will be the reaction reroll that was in the playtest.

Most of the changes will come from the spell lists.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
My guesses, and I'll be optimist here, is they swapped the Divine, Arcane, and Primal Spell Lists for Cleric, Sorcerer, and Druid, but still have the basic Bard list with the unique Bard spells and spells they think should be universal choices.
I would it were so.

I am 90% confident there will be a bard list, but I would be a giddy schoolboy if there were a small sidebar (for both the Bard and the Sorcerer) saying with DM's permission you can choose from the Bard, Cleric, Druid, or Sorcerer list.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Made them the fifth subclass of Cleric, of course:

IMG_6339.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6339.jpeg
    IMG_6339.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 25

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It'll be a bard spell list. I hope that it covers a lot of bases. I personally liked Bardic Inspiration as a Reaction, but I suspect it'll be gone.

Overall, I expect it to be fine. Nothing too exciting, but fine.

Nadan

Explorer
I would it were so.

I am 90% confident there will be a bard list, but I would be a giddy schoolboy if there were a small sidebar (for both the Bard and the Sorcerer) saying with DM's permission you can choose from the Bard, Cleric, Druid, or Sorcerer list.
Sorcerer will be an odd choose if limited to 3 main caster list will be the thing, I believe it will be wizard list instead. Sorcerer list just a thinner wizard list that miss out a lot conjuration (summon creature), abjuration, divination, (stronger) illusion and necromancy spells, plus most named spell that isn't named after dragons.

Last edited:

Remove ads