D&D (2024) Last minute guesses about what WotC did with the Bard

I wouldn't expect much any change. The point of 5.5 is to change just enough to sell all the books over again. Its like spaceballs 2, the search for more money.

As for monks? Bleh, 3rd ed made them such an awkward and garbagy class. They cannot use armor and most weapons, which is just anti-dnd. You advance your character through gear, with weapons and armor being the most important.
Monks are designed to not allow you to use most of these important upgrades. Its just less fun. Give a monk a pile of money and they just can't do as much to be effective as most any other class can. That never feels good. Paladin or wizard iwth cash? They can never get enough. Monk? bleh...
Plus they're about the only mad class that exists. 5th ed is SOO zeroed in on maximizing your primary stat. Monks need wis for resists and dex for everything else. They cannot max them all, so they just always such compared to other classes.
Your opinion.
Monks are a sign of their inability to really design well.
False conclusion.

and these are your opinions. The idea of discussions is to discuss. Its fine that you disagree with me, please explain why you disagree.
They can design well. They prooved it well enough. Maybe not to your liking.
That does not mean they never roll bad.
The 2024 monk design however is praised by most people...

deadman1204

Explorer
you can easily max DEX and WIS as a full Monk
sure, you can by level 19-20 if you never choose a single feat (or dm gives you magic stats at the start).
However lvl 20 is meaningless because if your game makes it that far, 95% of the game will have happened before you get there. Great, you are now have your primary stats maxed, just like everyone else - who have had them maxed for 95% of the game instaed of the last 5% of it. Sure sounds awful to me.

This is the paper problem, because paper is not reality. No one cares if something can be done by 19/20, cause chances are you won't get there anyways. They intentionally designed the game to break down and not really work at those levels by doing no QA or game testing above level 6. No one plays those levels because the 5th ed designers don't care about those levels, and it shows.

Remove ads