Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [OOC 1]

Negin

First Post
So: Ghavdrash would like to discreetly ask for the location of the Green Star Inn, not from anybody who looks particularly important, and certainly not from Horace, who apparently does not wish to associate directly with us.

Once directions are acquired and relayed back to the rest of the team, Ghavdrash would like to shmooze and determine more if he can about the circumstances of Igmach's disappearance, and any information he can acquire about Horace without explicitly indicating interest in him. Here, we're aiming at court officials or military officers that Igmach may have had some dealings with.

Let me know if checks are required for any of these. Also let me know if this is the way you'd like to handle intel-gathering, in public on the OOC.

In other news: I expect be largely unavailable for posting from 9/27 through 10/13, for my wedding and honeymoon. If Ghavdrash can just tag along or be dual'ed by another player or Leif during this time, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Leif

Adventurer
Absence

Yeah your PC will at least tag along. I usually like to have another player handle PCs instead of me -- it makes me feel all conflicted to run PCs and monsters at the same time, and I'm scared I might pull my punches or something.

And CONGRATS on your impending nuptials! I wish you much bliss, and hope that your marital track record is much more similar to Scotley's than my own. He got it right the first time, but I had two false starts before I found The One.

RE: Intel Gathering
If it involves actions that the characters make themselves, and this does generally do so, then it belongs in the IC (In-Character) Thread. The OOC is more for meta-gaming stuff ABOUT the characters/game/players, but not the actual action of the game.

FYI: There's not just a great deal of info available yet -- you really haven't begun to get into the adventure yet, so you don't even know what questions you should be asking. I appreciate your caution and great care, but I really don't have too much planned in that regard yet. Ok, so maybe you do know some of the things to ask, but, well, never mind.

And someone in the party already knows the way to the Green Star Inn. so that's not an issue.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
RG is alive and well, sorta...

[MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], I trust that you saw the RG link that I posted both below, and here? You still don't have a character in there. Need more time?

And......

Negin and everyone, while I'm thinking about it, a combat stats block to be added to each IC post would help, but it might get to be a pain to add one every single time. Everyone needs to keep both a maximum HP total for his PC in the RG post for said PC, and a current/running total that reflects any damage sustained, typically separating the two with a slash, like so: Fred the Fighter, HP: 10/13, where 10 is the current total and 13 is Fred's fully-healed max HP. Personally, I like to also include a 'by-level' breakdown of a character's HP, but that is not really necessary with 4E, since HP is more or less fixed by class and con score.

Last edited:

Negin

First Post
CONGRATS on your impending nuptials! I wish you much bliss, and hope that your marital track record is much more similar to Scotley's than my own. He got it right the first time, but I had two false starts before I found The One.

Thanks! It's been forty years in the making... I hope it works out for a long long time too! I don't know that I have another forty years if it doesn't. ;-)

Negin

First Post
Negin and everyone, while I'm thinking about it, a combat stats block to be added to each IC post would help, but it might get to be a pain to add one every single time. Everyone needs to keep both a maximum HP total for his PC in the RG post for said PC, and a current/running total that reflects any damage sustained, typically separating the two with a slash, like so: Fred the Fighter, HP: 10/13, where 10 is the current total and 13 is Fred's fully-healed max HP. Personally, I like to also include a 'by-level' breakdown of a character's HP, but that is not really necessary with 4E, since HP is more or less fixed by class and con score.

I've added a proposed combat stats block template to my RG section, based on what I've seen in Living World 4E. I would propose shifting to that when we enter combat. Does that have what you need?

As far as the HP breakdown, you can find that in my Math section.

Scotley

Hero
[MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], I trust that you saw the RG link that I posted both below, and here? You still don't have a character in there. Need more time?

And......

I did see your post, but I've been having some computer connection troubles. I think I've got them sorted out now. I'll try to get him posted soon. I'll whip up a combat stat block as well.

Scotley

Hero
In other news: I expect be largely unavailable for posting from 9/27 through 10/13, for my wedding and honeymoon. If Ghavdrash can just tag along or be dual'ed by another player or Leif during this time, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Hey congrats! Marriage can be great. I expect to be out of touch the week of October 6th for some much needed rest and recovery myself. I'm going to be sitting on the beach for a week.

Scotley

Hero

Hey congrats! Marriage can be great. I expect to be out of touch the week of October 6th for some much needed rest and recovery myself. I'm going to be sitting on the beach for a week.

Remove ads