• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let the Batman sequal rumors begin...

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Kai Lord said:
Yeah Hollywood only plans sequels for box office hits like The Punisher and Dungeons & Dragons. The only reason WB even bothered with Batman Begins is due to the critical and commercial success of Batman & Robin but I think at this point the series has just sunk too low and will be abandoned.
The Punisher numbers are interesting cost 33 to make and made 54, so what is that 20 cents profit on the dollar (bad math). I have no clue why they are doing D&D 2.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Hand of Evil said:
The Punisher numbers are interesting cost 33 to make and made 54, so what is that 20 cents profit on the dollar (bad math). I have no clue why they are doing D&D 2.

From what I understand, the first DnD movie made lots of money overseas in Europe, ect. . So thats why the studio did a sequel.
End of Hijack.

Kai Lord

Hero
Hand of Evil said:
The Punisher numbers are interesting cost 33 to make and made 54, so what is that 20 cents profit on the dollar (bad math).
The studio spent zero money on advertising? That is impressive. ;) All right, back to Batman.... :)

Villano

First Post
Initially, I thought Adrian Brody would be a good Joker. However, Crispin Glover would be good, too. Both certainly look the part, and Glover can play "manic crazy".

Taelorn76

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
Vince Voughn or Johnny Knoxville would be my take on Jokers.

I'll agree with you that they are good comedic actors, but I don't think they could pull of the maniac side of the character. You need to have the psyco look. I could see Adrian Broody could pulling it off

Last edited:

Ghostwind

First Post
Whomever is cast as Joker, it is my hope that the screenplay writer is true to the Joker character and writes him as the true sociopathic killer he is. Joker is a very dark and twisted individual, in many ways the ying to Batman's yang. I think too many people out there associate the Caesar Romero Joker from the 60's series as the definitive take on Joker. If you really are a student of the comics, you'll see that while Joker is definitely a lunatic, he is also a criminal genius. I really hope they go that route instead of over-the-top maniacal acting.

My choice would be Crispin Glover over Adrian Brody.

Taelorn76

First Post
Kai Lord said:
My preference would be that they don't even have a love interest for the second film. Batman isn't Superman or Spider-Man, his romances have never been an iconic aspect of the character. I really don't want this new series to turn into a status symbol for whoever the current "it" girl is for a given year. Good old-fashioned crime thrillers, Gotham City-style are what I'm looking forward to. :)

I think alot of fans can go with out the love interest angle. Hollywood execs on the other hand a different breed, they see the bottom dollar and the way to increase that is to bring in something other than their core audience (young female viewers). So to succede in that they add a romantic side to the story.

Klaus

First Post
Let's list the women in the Batman mythos:

- Vicki Vale (Lois Lane-clone girlfriend)
- Silver St. Cloud (girlfriend from the 70s, knows Bats' ID)
- Talia al Ghul, aka Talia Head (daughter of Ra's)
- Selina Kyle (Catwoman)
- Rachel Dodson (Reaper's daughter, inspired the girl in Mask of the Phantasm)
- Helena Bertinelli (The Huntress)
- Barbara Gordon (Batgirl/Oracle, she's a bit older than Robin, so she'd be about 14, so 'holy jailbait, Batman!')
- Cassandra Cain (Batgirl, even younger than Babs)
- Lady Shiva Woosan (world's best martial artist)
- Pamela Isley (Poison Ivy)
- Harleen Quinzel (Harley Quinn)

Anyone else I forgot?

Anyone useable in that list?

Remove ads