• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let the Batman sequal rumors begin...

Taelorn76

First Post
I saw these two articles and fiqured I would post them here.

The first on is from Dark Horizon.com. It talks about the chances of Robin being in future movies and new romantic interests.

My thought on the women in Batman movies from a previous thread
Taelorn76 said:
The only thing that bothered me about the movie, and this has been a theme through out the other Batman films as well, was the fact that the female lead always finds out who the man beneath the cowl is.

Batman Alfred brings Vikki Vale to the bat cave
Batman Returns Dialogue between Selena & Bruce is repeated when they fight as Batman & Catwoman
Batman Forever IIRC he comes out and tells Dr. Chase Maridian.
Batman & Robin I am drawing a blank since the movie does not exist;)
Batman Begins Dialogue between Bruce and Rachel is repeated when he saves her.

Why do they insists on doing that in every movie, can't the movie end with out the female lead knowing who is behind the mask.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

The second is from Superherohype.com This is also talks about Robin and specificly who they might consider for the part.

Last edited:

BrooklynKnight

First Post
http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=13871

HOLMES DROPPED FROM BATMAN SEQUEL

CHRISTIAN

CHRISTIAN BALE, MICHAEL CAINE and MORGAN FREEMAN have signed to star in a second BATMAN movie, but love interest KATIE HOLMES has been dropped.

Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to BATMAN BEGINS - it took $46.9 million (GBP24.6 million) in its first weekend (17-19JUN05) at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel.

Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler ALFRED and Freeman as BRUCE WAYNE'S business associate LUCIUS FOX.

But Holmes wont reprise her role as district attorney RACHEL DAWES - reportedly because WARNER BROS is angry her engagement to TOM CRUISE has stolen media attention away from the movie.

A source tells PAGESIX.COM, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman."

Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress.

"Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the JOKER rather than Katie and Tom."
20/06/2005 17:32

It looks like Katie screwed herself over with this Tom/Katie Scientology bananza.

Wow, are Hollywood execs really that petty? And stupid? If anything, the Homes/Cruise media frenzy will draw crowds to their respective movies.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
Wow, are Hollywood execs really that petty? And stupid? If anything, the Homes/Cruise media frenzy will draw crowds to their respective movies.

I doubt it's really anything to do with Cruise. More than likely it's over some money issue; these things usually seem to revolve around that, or some specific contract point (like 'I must be in x% of shots in the finished product' or something like that). I'm betting that she wanted more money in the sequel and they decided they'd rather not bother.

Too bad about no planned Robin appearances. That would be a good focus for about, oh, the third or fourth film.

KenM

Banned
Banned
So, anyone want to guess on who they will get for The Joker? Whoever does it will have a very hard time becuse he will automataclly be compared to Jack.

Klaus

First Post
Personally, I'm voting for Adrien Brody. His frame fits the Joker perfectly (specially the Dave Gibbon's Joker), and he's an Oscar-winning actor.

Just no Jack Napier, please.

Kai Lord

Hero
My preference would be that they don't even have a love interest for the second film. Batman isn't Superman or Spider-Man, his romances have never been an iconic aspect of the character. I really don't want this new series to turn into a status symbol for whoever the current "it" girl is for a given year. Good old-fashioned crime thrillers, Gotham City-style are what I'm looking forward to. :)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
They are really booking a lot on the DVD release to me, I look at: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=batmanbegins.htm and see that this movie cost 150 million to make and yet only has made 126! It was good and I am sure it will make a profit but I think rumors are just too early for a movie that does not look like it has overseas appeal (87% of money from Domestic sales). 57% of take came from opening weekend.

Look at Mr. & Mrs. Smith: Cost 110 has made a 176 million - breakdown: 58 Domestic 42 Overseas, with 48% of take coming from opening weekend.

Hollywood is a numbers game, they talk alot but if BB does not make 250 to 300 at the box office I don't see anything happening.

Kai Lord

Hero
Hand of Evil said:
Hollywood is a numbers game, they talk alot but if BB does not make 250 to 300 at the box office I don't see anything happening.
Yeah Hollywood only plans sequels for box office hits like The Punisher and Dungeons & Dragons. The only reason WB even bothered with Batman Begins is due to the critical and commercial success of Batman & Robin but I think at this point the series has just sunk too low and will be abandoned.

I noticed they didn't mention Gary Oldman as Gordon.

There are two love interest potentials for Batman - Selena Kyle, and Talia. I don't want to see the stupid Halle Berry costume again, and anyway the bad Catwoman would probably leave a bad taste in some folks' mouths. So I vote Talia, though we don't necessarily reveal she's involved with Ra's. Also, I'd kinda like a love interest for Bats who isn't a villain but who can actually defend herself. Plus, it'd make a nice reveal at the end of Batman Keeps On Beginning for 'the detective' Batman to discover who Talia's dad is.

For the Joker . . . I just wish they'd cast Mark Hamill. I mean, Jack Nicholson was 51 in 1988, and Hamill will be 56 in 2007, right? (Thanks to IMDB.com)

Barring that, get a stand-up comedian to do it. I could see Dane Cook as a Joker. (Warning, site has sound)

Remove ads