• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let the Batman sequal rumors begin...

Captain Howdy

Explorer
On the topic of photoshopped Jokers, I saw this fan-made movie poster for the Batman Begins sequel. The actor in the picture is a man by the name of Conrad Veidt, an actor in the 1920's and 30's. He starred in a movie called The Man Who Laughs http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0019130/.
I have read that his role in that movie is what inspired the Joker in the first place, so I guess it is an appropriate homage to make this cool poster with him as the Joker.
If only he were still alive and young enough to play the role...

I think Adrian Brody would make a pretty good Joker, at least as far as looks go. I haven't really seen any of his movies to know what kind of an actor he is.

Attachments

• joker2.jpg
    joker2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 55

Villano

First Post
I found a side-by-side picture of Glover and the Joker. Not a "wide" smile, but if anyone wants to try a color manipulation on it, feel free.

Attachments

• crispingloverjoker.jpg
    crispingloverjoker.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Taelorn76

First Post
Kid Charlemagne said:
AICN is reportin a rumor that it might be Sean Penn - which I think could be brilliant.

First off I know it's way to early to give credibility to any rumors, but I still don't trust anything on AICN.
Second if they do go with Sean Penn I will probably pass on the movie. I don't think he can pull of that role, I also dislike him as an actor, I don't think he is as great as every one says.

The Serge

First Post
Captain Howdy said:
On the topic of photoshopped Jokers, I saw this fan-made movie poster for the Batman Begins sequel. The actor in the picture is a man by the name of Conrad Veidt, an actor in the 1920's and 30's. He starred in a movie called The Man Who Laughs http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0019130/.
I have read that his role in that movie is what inspired the Joker in the first place, so I guess it is an appropriate homage to make this cool poster with him as the Joker.
If only he were still alive and young enough to play the role...
The image you posted was used as a reference for some of Marshall Roger's images of The Joker in "The Laughing Fish" from the late 70s. If you have a copy of that comic (like in The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told) and check out The Joker when he threatens the first of his potential victims, there's picture that's almost identical to the image.

Klaus

First Post
A new rumor states that Vincent Cassel (the one-armed man in Brotherhood of the Wolf, the French prince in Elizabeth, and Mr. Monica Belucci) is a contestant for the role of Joker.

I like this casting!

Remove ads