Blog (A5E) Level Up: Now on FOUNDRY VTT!

For fans of the Foundry virtual tabletop platform, our initial package for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition is now available for free.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 3.43.28 PM.png

(Yes, I completely made up those stats!)
We're excited to present the beta release of the Foundry VTT Level Up system! The system is game-ready, but this release is only the beginning: you can expect plenty of new features over the coming weeks.

The core sheets provide handy automation features, from roll buttons to automatic resource tracking, as well as rich filtering to help keep your sheet organised.

While we packed a lot into this first release, some major features are yet to come. These include an interface to manage Active Effects and a suite of system compendiums containing all the great monsters, equipment, spells, and features from the Level Up system.

We hope you enjoy playing Level Up on Foundry!

If you have any feedback or want to report an issue, you can get help here.

Installation​

For now, to install you will need to use the following Manifest link:

You should past that link into the Manifest URL field at the bottom of the System Installation tab. For more help on installing via a Manifest link, check out this page at Foundry’s website. Level Up will be added to the main list soon.

manifest.png

Other VTT Platforms
Don’t forget, Roll20 fans can already get Memories of Holdenshire on Roll20, and they can get the Level Up character sheet on Roll20 for free. Fantasy Grounds is also producing its own in-house implementation of Level Up.

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
@PhilBest I also appreciate your thorough and non-vague answers. Although I HAVE Foundry I am not using it, and frankly, I have had a hard time getting past the learning curve. That's probably more of a user error issue than a system issue. I'm two years deep into Roll20 and I frankly love the system, although the learning curve for that was steep too, but after thousands of hours invested (and lots of money) it not easy to step away from, much less asking my players also (I have mentioned Foundry VTT to very unenthusiastic replies). Full automation is not something super important to me, although I do wish Roll20 had more of it. Maybe it will down the road. I will continue to keep an eye on A5e and Foundry. Probably in the next 6 months it will make incredible strides and come together in a way so that I can jump into A5e and Foundry with both feet.

Phil Best

A5e Foundry Developer
@PhilBest I also appreciate your thorough and non-vague answers. Although I HAVE Foundry I am not using it, and frankly, I have had a hard time getting past the learning curve. That's probably more of a user error issue than a system issue. I'm two years deep into Roll20 and I frankly love the system, although the learning curve for that was steep too, but after thousands of hours invested (and lots of money) it not easy to step away from, much less asking my players also (I have mentioned Foundry VTT to very unenthusiastic replies). Full automation is not something super important to me, although I do wish Roll20 had more of it. Maybe it will down the road. I will continue to keep an eye on A5e and Foundry. Probably in the next 6 months it will make incredible strides and come together in a way so that I can jump into A5e and Foundry with both feet.

Hopefully, I can tempt you soon haha 😁

Phil Best

A5e Foundry Developer
Hey everyone,

We're currently putting together the last bits of the system compendia, and we could really use some help with the monsters. This doesn't require any knowledge of programming. All you need to be able to do is correctly set up a monster and its features within Foundry.

If you're interested in helping, there are some threads open for the various compendia in the community Discord server with additional details. Everyone is welcome, so if you want to keep up to date with system news or even just hang out, feel free to join.

Thanks!

Phil Best

A5e Foundry Developer
I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the compendia. The monsters are basically finished now, with dragons being the last piece of the puzzle. We're also chugging along with the class feature compendium. There's currently an effort to finish these sections going on in the community Discord server if anyone wants to help out!

I anticipate that there will be a system release this Sunday (April 10th) Monday (April 11th) that will include the various compendia. Expect them to be a little rough at first, but we'll continue to refine them over the next few releases. Once 0.6.0 has been released, I'd really appreciate reports of any incorrect entries on the system's GitHub repository. These reports make the system better for everyone.

Hopefully, you're all as excited for the compendia as I am! Not long now! 😁

Last edited:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'm starting a new campaign, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to use a beta characters sheet with people that are not thrilled about moving to a new VTT that I've never used.....Still thinking about it.

Phil Best

A5e Foundry Developer
I'm starting a new campaign, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to use a beta characters sheet with people that are not thrilled about moving to a new VTT that I've never used.....Still thinking about it.

As you note, this is a beta release, and there are definitely some things that the system currently lacks. Does that mean that the system doesn't have the things that you personally need? Not necessarily. We have people in the community who would be happy if we left the system as it is, and there are others who are itching to get certain new features. Everyone's needs are different.

I should also say that the beta flag really represents my opinion that the system isn't where I want it to be yet. My group doesn't yet use the Foundry system for our weekly game, because for my GM, the feature set isn't there yet. At the same time, we have plenty of people running campaigns with the system right now.

The big questions are, "How soon is your campaign starting?", and, "What features can't you live without?".

If you already have Foundry, I'd recommend downloading the latest version of the system and playing around. I'd also recommend joining our Discord community so that you can get some additional opinions. The community is really friendly, and people are happy to answer questions. I'm sure somebody would be more than happy to invite you to a test game if you don't own Foundry yourself as well.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
For me? The big issue would be having to enter all the monster info by hand. (assuming I understand where we are right now). I just have zero interest in that.

And, if I can't actually run them there, I may as well stay on roll20 (where I also can't run them, but at least my friends and I have used it).

I actually have a Forge account and Foundry license, but have not used it at all......for reasons that are both good and bad, I guess.

Phil Best

A5e Foundry Developer
For me? The big issue would be having to enter all the monster info by hand. (assuming I understand where we are right now). I just have zero interest in that.

Every monster in the game has been included in the new compendium pack, so there is no monster setup to speak of. They even have art and tokens :)

Oh and I did join the discord (mikesixel).

Oh, great! I remember seeing you join. I look forward to chatting with you over there.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases