• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LG vs. N: Lawful Good Victorious!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Well, she thinks to herself, that really sucks wind. With all that she doesn't know, does she know when she can breathe again?

Edit: Oh yeah, while we're at it: "Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons." Does that still hold in this case (i.e. is it really a dragon).

Last edited:

PJSlavner

Explorer
Re edit: I actually looked for a sentence like that, but I must have stopped reading one sentence early. It is a good question, and I am not sure of the answer, but I will rule that Luminia does ignore the frightful presence.

Luminia can breathe again in round 339. She is at 90N30E30Z eastbound and the other dragon is at 90N40E20Z westbound. Luminia goes first in round 337.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
Luminia will play keep away until she can breathe fire again. She will fly to 90N110E110Z, heading east then turn to southeast to 85N115E115Z and then turn to be heading south. Good luck calculating the other dragon's intercept vector. If you prefer we can just assume that Luminia keeps out of its reach in the rounds in which she cannot breathe and then both dragons breathe (if the other dragon recoupes its weapon as fast as Luminia) in a subsequent round. This way you can Time Compress without complicated and ultimately useless maneuvering. :)

PJSlavner

Explorer
I should ask my wife about the intercept vector, because she just taught about vectors in her summer school class. Instead, I will take the path of least resistance and take your time compression suggestion, or else I would be here all day.

Round 339: Both dragons breathe. Luminia takes 6 cold, and OD takes 2 fire. Luminia at 9 HP, and OD at 128 HP.
Round 341: Luminia breathes for 1. OD at 127 HP.
Round 345: Both breathe - Luminia takes 18; OD takes 9. Luminia dies in the ensuing fall. OD is on the ground at 60N60E and has 118 HP remaining.

First in round 346 for Lawful Good is Eyruaad the very young bronze dragon (Draconomicon).

Infiniti2000

First Post
2 (or 4 or 5)? 1 (2 or 3)? What crap rolls! *goes out and buys PJSlavner and Gansk some new dice*

;)

If anyone else has a Draco, please provide orders for Eyruaad, otherwise I will do it late tonight or tomorrow.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Eyruaad the very young but confident Bronze strides into the arena,
Vile Abomination! In Bahamuts Name, Prepare to return to what ever Dark God of Undeath has brought you forth!

Eyruaad will walk to 60n30e and breathe on the abomination.

OOC: Eyruaad is going spar with the dragon -as most zombies are slow and only have one attack. the Draconomicon lists a full attack with multiple limbs, yet they are supposedly limited to only standard actions. If it does get multiple attacks Eyruaad is willing to find out the hard way.

Last edited:

PJSlavner

Explorer
OOC: You are right about the one action.

Round 346: ZD evades the lightning partially (22 Ref save), but takes 8 electrical damage. ZD has 110 HP remaining. Eyruaad can breathe again next round.
ZD performs a partial charge, biting for 11 (rolled 28+2=30 for charge). Eyruaad has 65 HP remaining.
Round 347: Eyruaad breathes for another 7. ZD has 107 HP. ZD misses (natural 1).
Round 348: Eyruaad breathes for 15. ZD at 92 HP. ZD breathes for 4. Eyruaad has 61 HP.
Round 349: Eyruaad breathes for 18. ZD at 74 HP. ZD bites for 10. Eyruaad at 51 HP.
Round 350: Eyruaad hits 5 times (worst roll 19) for 18. The wing buffets seemed to have no effect (DR greater than 5). ZD at 56. ZD breathes for 5. Eyruaad at 46 HP.
Round 351: Eyruaad breathes for 4. ZD at 52. ZD breathes for 3. Eyruaad at 43 HP.
Round 352: Eyruaad hits all 5 times (worst roll 15) for 13. ZD at 39. ZD bites for 10. Eyruaad at 33 HP. The wing buffets will have no effect, so I will not even roll.
Round 352: Eyruaad hits 3 times for 20. ZD at 19. ZD breathes for 4. Eyruaad at 29.
Round 353: Eyruaad hits three times for 20. ZD is destroyed. Eyruaad has 29 HP, is at 60N30E, and can breathe next round.

A huge sheet of black oil flows quickly to 60N35E. Its stench is so unbearable that Eyruaad is nauseated (rolled 12 Fort save, can only take one MEA per turn). Eyruaad can also feel a multitude of cilia tickling him, but avoids any effect of them (rolled 23 Ref save). The oil exudes a tentacle, which strikes Eyruaad (rolled 26+2=28 for charge), inflicting 15 bludgeoning and 4 acid damage. Eyruaad has 10 HP remaining, and is first in round 354. I will let him know when he is feeling better.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Spawn of Jubleix! I will not trade blows with you.

Eyur will take off, climbing to 50' and circle until feeling better- then he will call down the thunder of heaven. If lighting has no effect he will circle and wait for the tie.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads