Level Up (A5E) Lineages and Ravenloft and what it means for LevelUp

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Given that Lineages now hold a specific function in 5e D&D (A racial template you can apply over a standard race) should LevelUp change it's terminology to be something more like "Heritage" or "Bloodline"?

Ancestry, Parentage, Descent, or even Line would all work pretty well, here.

"Though of Dwarven Descent, Alphonse Rubel, the Assassin of the Yellow Hand, was raised within the Mistbairn culture of the western fold."

"Though of Human Parentage, Nyx Greycastle, Ranger-Scout, was raised as a member of the Shadow Elven culture of the Shadowood."

You get the idea. I'm just considering it as a sort of "Maximum Backwards Compatibility" thing.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Nope, it’s never been Lineage. Its always been Heritage right back to the first playtest document.
I know that, but for whatever reason--quite possibly because of D&D using lineage--I kept thinking lineage as well. (And to make it even more confusing, I own all three Ancestry & Culture books.)

Speaking of, did I hallucinate, or did you guys actually change Tiefling to Planetouched for your final version? I would not put it past myself to have just dreamt that bit up.

Remove ads