[Living Pathfinder] Little Rock of Horrors

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"You think this is the doings of fairies?" asks an incredulous Giocco from next to Heinrich and safely outside the reach of the vine.

Round Four beginning...
Pondering the boy's question and mentally swilrling it with his own verbal ramblings his brow furrow in thought, while that is going one he removes his cross bow and a bolt and cocks it.

"ist very possible. or some other spirit of nature."

musings and speech: free action
retrieve crossbow; move action
load cross bow: move action.
done

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet winces as the vines pull painfully at the braid of red hair running down her back, but it slips from their grasp. She lunges again.

OOC: TWF, axe and shield

GlassEye

Adventurer
With a thunderous hewing chop Garnet severs the main trunk of the vine. Immediately the grasping vines drop away from tugging at Garnet's armor and its leaves curl into themselves as if deprived of water for a long period of time. With one last rustling shiver the plant stops moving.

In the ensuing silence Giocco's voice rings out. "Do you think it's safe?"

[sblock=OOC]
Initiative order/Current hit points
Code:
[U]Character         AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Ashleigh          16   [color=yellow]5[/color]   none/delaying
Pari              17  [color=yellow]13[/color]   scythe/none
Tagaiwi           14  17   ----/none 
Heinrich          [color=lightblue]16[/color]   6   dagger/none [color=lightblue][[i]Shield[/i]][/color]
Mariah            15   8   bow/none
Garnet            19  12   waraxe & shield/none 
Young Vine        16  [color=red]-4[/color]   ----/dead
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari stands leaning on his scythe, chest heaving like a bellows as he recovers from the fight. "Is anyone hurt besides Ashleigh and me? If there are no objections, I could use one of the small fruits. Ashleigh, how much hurt have you taken? Will some of the berries do, or do you need a small fruit as well?"

OOC: If there are no objections, Pari will eat one of the 'Cure Light Wounds' fruits.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet steps away from the vine, panting from her exertions, but waves off Pari's offer of healing.

"Good job spotting that thing," she tells the gnome. "That could have been very bad."

Lord_camulus

First Post
Mariah's features return to their mortal state as she calms her mind. "Did i hear someone say fey plain?"

OOC: Just so you all know our good friend Ashleigh is out of town and will be back tonight. :)

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Mariah ponders her knowledge of the Other World but this doesn't seem to match anything she knows. Maybe some dark fey creature beyond the Courts of the Elves but that answer doesn't sit right with her either: it seems unlikely that such a creature, should such a thing really be the cause here, would involve itself with sea creatures and such a dangerous plant.

Giocco stares past the lighthouse towards the orange sun that has now dipped its edge into the sea. He looks at the lighthouse and the dying vine and takes an involuntary step back. "Wish my Da were here... He cranes his head back so that he can see the sickly green glow coming from the top of the lighthouse and seemingly getting stronger as the sun goes down. "Those things are still in there, I know it! I'd sure like to sleep in my own bed tonight. I could toss some potatoes in a skillet, add some eggs, even a bit of pepper from my Da's secret stash. The bread's probably stale and moldy but we could make do." He smiles wistfully and even though he is nearly an adult he seems very young at the moment as he recites steps he would take to make a splendid meal. It's clearly his brain's way of distracting him from the unnatural things he's seen recently.

[sblock=OOC]Thanks for the update on Ashleigh. I was beginning to think we might have lost her for good.

Healing: using a potion is entirely up to the party and probably depends on if you all plan on pushing on or not. However, Heinrich is out of spells and I've lost track of spells used for the others (a note on prepared/used spells would be helpful to me) though I know Mariah has used at least two CLW spells.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Hrm," He glances over to the boy with a grin, "Egk Noodles in white sause with beef chunks, cracked pepper corns, garlic und Rosemay. But first you cool the beef with red wine und garlic. My Tante sometimes cooks vith potatoes instead of the noodles, and makes rich buttery white sause."

*growl!* Heinrich's stomach complains about how long it has been since he has seen his aunt and uncle's dinner table.

Remove ads