D&D 5E Look at all this Draconic Fizban art!

Here's a bunch of art from Fizban's Treasury of Dragons! Fizban himself has a new look from Nikki Dawes, and there's a gorgeous spread of the full wraparound cover art by Chris Rahn.

Here's a bunch of art from Fizban's Treasury of Dragons! Fizban himself has a new look from Nikki Dawes, and there's a gorgeous spread of the full wraparound cover art by Chris Rahn.

4F7D2918-8CE2-4033-B30A-045249C099F8.jpeg
71id2i3gfp1d.jpg
knclwnwlkhvxvec.jpg
whxdokghqvwboe.jpg
12ohdo2h3f0.jpg

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Does anyone else get a Rick of Rick and Morty vibe from the Fizban pic. I keep expecting him to be driving a van and offering free candy. :oops:
No, but I associate Rick Sanchez with being a horrible, horrible human being who literally cannot live his life without being a jerk to people, so...I may not exactly be the person to ask.

(This is me complaining about shows I don't watch, just to be clear. Or, rather, I watched two episodes. The relentless cynicism and absolute grinding-down of anything positive or joyful was way, way too much for me.)

Weiley31

Legend
It's very refreshing seeing some support for them, both because they're a favorite of mine and because, even with essentially no extra support and a bad basic chassis, the dragonborn race has been consistently top 5 IIRC on D&D Beyond, and climbing with time.
I agree. In my humblest of opinions, the its better to use the Wildemount Dragonborn options with like the lineage on type of it or just use the Breath Attack from the Dragon UA to fix that. That or change the Breath attack to an Ability Score that Makes sense or via Prof Mod with Cantrip scaling damage.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
No, but I associate Rick Sanchez with being a horrible, horrible human being who literally cannot live his life without being a jerk to people, so...I may not exactly be the person to ask.

(This is me complaining about shows I don't watch, just to be clear. Or, rather, I watched two episodes. The relentless cynicism and absolute grinding-down of anything positive or joyful was way, way too much for me.)
yeah about the most positive the show gets from what I saw having watched the first season and some is "nothing matters we all die let's watch TV" which is...lets just say it isn't a philosophy I can get behind. At all. Or even really respect all that much.

Rick Sanchez is a parody of the wise old mentor archetype. i.e. Bad-Gandalf. Fizban is a Good-Gandalf, so it's unsurprising he resembles his mirror character.

Argyle King

Legend
Rick Sanchez is a parody of the wise old mentor archetype. i.e. Bad-Gandalf. Fizban is a Good-Gandalf, so it's unsurprising he resembles his mirror character.

Arguably, the end-result of how they approach things isn't entirely dis-similar; the motivations are different though.

Without being reminded that the rest of the party may die, Fizban would be happy to cast fireball in a small room (because he is somewhat oblivious to the fact that other beings might die if he does so). Eventually, he's aware of it and changes his approach to save the people he's with.

Rick just starts out not really caring (or at least pretending not to care). He threatens to let everyone die. Eventually, the feelings he has (but won't admit to having) get the better of him, and he saves his family -even Jerry.

Dausuul

Legend
Man, the cover art looks so much better in full wraparound. Something about the dark mountain rocks on the left, and the blue gleam of the wizard's force field, balances the pink/white/red of the rest of the scene just right. And the gem dragon is centered now, giving the whole picture a focus point.

It's a damn shame it won't look like that on the physical book.

Remove ads

Remove ads