Looking for some good adventure modules

pemerton

Legend
I know the first 4 White Dwarf scenarios you mention. They're for a range of different levels (eg the Lichway is low level, the Lair of Maldred the Mighty is name level).

They all suffer a bit from the old "kitchen sink" approach to dungeon design, though Maldred the Mighty and Hive of the Hrr'l less so. They tend to mostly be dungeon crawls, though Hive of the Hrr'l is a bit of an exception here, having some sociology for the flyfolk and factional stuff among them.

This adventure which is available in PDF actually replicates the most interesting gimmick from The Lichway, and overall is in my view a bit more coherent.

winemaker81

First Post
If you're still looking, you can assemble a complete campaign from here:-

The following adventures hosted by DF (by John Turcotte) are a trilogy: Beneath Dark Towen, Where the Fallen Jarls Sleep, & Stormcrows Gather. They start at levels 4-6. There are other related adventures there, but I don't recall which ones off the top of my head.

This is my first post here and I cannot post links yet, so anyone interested will have to go back to the previous page to get the link for this.

Crothian

First Post
Expeditious Retreat Press has a line of good 1e modules called Advanced Adventures. The first one is called The Pod Caverns of the Sinister Shroom and it is continued in Down the Shadowvein (#23) and The Mouth of the Shadowvein (#24).

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Not sure if you wanted low level or not, this is more mid (4-7) to high (9-12).

I've never tried it before, but it seems it should be fairly simple to mesh UK1- Beyond the Crystal Caves and EX1-Dungeonland to EX2- Land Beyond the Magic Mirror together.

A little tweaking to make the EX modules more suited for 7th or 8th level PCs shouldn't be difficult.

eondesigner

Explorer
I really enjoyed 'Ghost tower of Inverness' for mid-levels and for higher levels 'White plume mountain' is a classic, there's a great 2nd edition 'Return to White plume mountain' also. The weapons in both modules can be game changing though, so make sure you have a plan to deal with them.

Remove ads