Lord of the Rings TV series synopsis

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
IIRC, Hobbits were not known to humans, dwarves, or elves in the 2nd Age. They were probably fairly different in disposition, too.

Including them in this series makes sense from a popular culture standpoint, and I assume the effects and trickery for merging differently sized characters in a shot is even better than it was.

This will either go down in history as one of the biggest wastes of money or will be the second coming of Game of Thrones (as far as fantasy TV-pop culture impact goes). With as much as is being spent, as much of a limb they're going out on here, I don't think there can be a middle ground. If it's just okay, that won't be good enough. I'm generally easy to please (though they were flawed, I enjoyed The Hobbit movies), but the stakes are massive, with it potentially being the most expensive TV series ever, adapting one of the most beloved fantasy IPs. And deciding that it needed nudity...

This could either be amazing or an absolute trainwreck.

Last edited:

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
For all we know, the nudity will be just in prologue-like scenes of elves awakening aka being created. I doubt it, given the talk about wanting a piece of the GoT market, but it's possible.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Looks like my second guess was right, according to Gizmodo:

Sauron returns twice in the 2nd age, I think: first as Annatar mid-2nd Age, and later as we see in the FOTR movie's prologue, at the end of the 2nd Age. IIRC

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker

My bet would be that the five-season arc will follow the forging of the rings, the theft of the rings, the capture of Sauron/downfall of Numenor, and Elendil and his sons founding Gondor and Arnor/War of the Last Alliance.

Just a bet, though given the tie-in with the LotR movies, we should expect this is being conceived as a prequel to the significant parts of the legendarium that were focused on there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases