What TV series related to the "Matter of Middle-earth" would you prefer to see?

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
So the title of YOUR thread is "What TV series related to the "Matter of Middle-earth" would you prefer to see? "
However, the last few pages had a number of posts about Rings of Power which has had its own thread 2 of them in fact since the show launched. I know thread drift is a thing but having a thread turn into a copy of another thread..at that point just ask the mods to merge them.
Why do you care what other people are having a conversation about? Again, it's not your job to police the thread. If you think there's something wrong with this thread that requires moderation, go to a mod and see if they're receptive to your request. Otherwise, you're just threadcrapping and trying to control what other people are talking about.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
So, uhm... "Anyway, [...] How about you? What Tolkien derived fiction would you like to see on TV?"

---

I kind of have the urge to find out that the lands to the far south and far east weren't completely turned and subjugated thralls, and that legends that they were were falsehoods spread by Morgoth and later Sauron. It actually only looked that way because the countries to the far south and far east kept driving out the ones who did fall to Morgoth and Sauron in the only directions available (towards the North and West).

Last edited:

Hriston

I would go for this if I could trust the producers...

So maybe just the books.

---

I just had a vision of a short where Legalos and Gimli head to the west like the appendices say might have happened. But they get shipwrecked on Tol Morwen and Gimli has some choice words.
This would tie in well with the idea in the OP about the voyage of the ring bearers. Eventually, Sam could be brought in as well and they could all arrive in Tol Eressëa together.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
This would tie in well with the idea in the OP about the voyage of the ring bearers. Eventually, Sam could be brought in as well and they could all arrive in Tol Eressëa together.
The last quest of Frodo and Sam -- as they have to sail back from Tol Eressëa to Tol Morwen to save Gimli and Legalos.

Hriston

Well, now it would be Embracer Group (bought rights back in august) but yes they would need to be part of the round table discussion.

A gardening show hosted by Sam would be cool.
Ah yes, I hadn't realized they had actually acquired Middle-earth Enterprises, but that does indeed appear to be the case.

"Gardening with Gamgee" could have recurring appearances from the Gaffer and Farmer Maggot. Maybe Sean Astin's available.

Remove ads