Dragonlance Lord Soth’s stats and CR

Out of interest, aren't a monster's stats supposed to reflect skills they are proficient in? Is that not one of the new changes adopted going forward with the revised Mordenkainen book?

Last edited:

What do you mean by this. Proficient skills have always been listed on the stat block
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought that since Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse WotC was doing a soft upgrade on their monsters by reflecting them with skills they are proficient in. Because the original monster manual was kinda bare when it came to skill proficiency for its creatures.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought that since Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse WotC was doing a soft upgrade on their monsters by reflecting them with skills they are proficient in. Because the original monster manual was kinda bare when it came to skill proficiency for its creatures.
I don’t know if they planned or plan to increase the skills or not, but monsters have, from the beginning of 5e, had skill proficiencies

Though I agree that I would give Soth some skill profs

A CON 16 barbarian would have about 105 HP at level 10. But Soth isn't an idiot, he isn't going to use that ability on a barbarian. A wizard is an obvious target, since it has a good chance of killing them even if they save.

If the barbarian gets too annoying, let's see what their CHA saves are like.
what does any of this have to do with me being asked if my 6th level gish has 50hp?

Remove ads