Dragonlance Lord Soth’s stats and CR

Saving throws matter more. Can your bladesinger reliably make DC 19 CHA, DEX and CON saves, and do they have more than 85 hp?
since they are only 6th level it would be yes no and yes with a heck no... but I have 3-5 more levels to go before I get to where the encounter is.
Which of course, brings in another factor - the tactical skills of the DM. If they have Soth attacking a bladesinger with his sword, then Soth losing is on the DM.

Or one failed DC 19 con save. :)
right now I can make the save and die... I have 44hp (although most days an AIDE spell makes that 49... still dead unless I also have temps)
I doubt either of those PCs has 100 hit points, and that Bladesinger probably dies whether he makes the save or not.
I think at 6th level even with Aid nobody survives that at a failed save... MAYBE if you have a max Con Barbarian you can MAYBE get 100hp at level 6 but I dounbt it... now level 10 or 11 I assume we will have better.

It's not strictly RAW, but I would be inclined to rule that it's not possible to bladedance whilst prone.
I believe as long as I am not incapacitated I can keep break dancing and spin on the floor RAW ;) :LOL:
A 10th level Bladesinger with a CON of 14 should have around 62 hp, so they might just survive if they save.
at 6th level I am a 3/3 wizard Artificer (battlemage/bladesinger) so I can add my 20 Int to my attacks... and the DM is regreting his dumb rolling method that we all ended up with god stats
1669335603486.png

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I would pay for an epic level (by 5e I think that is 16 or 17+) monster manual that had a bunch of CR 27+ gods in it... we could call it a cool D&D name like Deities and Demigods.
I would be happy if they gave me a book with a decent number of CR 9-20 monsters in it. Once you get past level 7 or 8, the number of monsters of any given CR you have to pick from is pretty meager, and a lot of them are just different versions of the same monster. Not that I don't also want something on epic play.

I think at 6th level even with Aid nobody survives that at a failed save... MAYBE if you have a max Con Barbarian you can MAYBE get 100hp at level 6 but I dounbt it... now level 10 or 11 I assume we will have better.
A CON 16 barbarian would have about 105 HP at level 10. But Soth isn't an idiot, he isn't going to use that ability on a barbarian. A wizard is an obvious target, since it has a good chance of killing them even if they save.

If the barbarian gets too annoying, let's see what their CHA saves are like.

after so many fights to get to him, I don't see this fight going well for the party... how does the adventure deal with this? is Soth supposed to win?

after so many fights to get to him, I don't see this fight going well for the party... how does the adventure deal with this? is Soth supposed to win?
There's an item available that can be used to incapacitate him, as well as other options to bring things crashing down around him while he's otherwise occupied.

Remove ads