• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E Lost Mine of Phandelver - CG

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
GM: Gonna do a little forward montage here.


All has gone quiet. You find evidence of a large number of humanoids living in a small space. One room in particular seems to have housed some bugbears based on the smell and a few goblinoid trinkets left behind. After some extensive searching, in hidden caches behind loose bricks, secured in a waterproof satchel inside a cistern of water, and many other idiosyncratic hidey-holes, you collect about 250 gp in coin and other easily sellable goods. There is probably about 500 gp is harder to sell items you'd likely have to travel to Neverwinter or another large city to sell. Additionally, you find a potion of healing and a potion of invisibility, as well as Glasstaff's staff.
[sblock=Staff of Defense]This slender, hollow staff is made of glass yet is as strong as oak. It weighs 3 pounds. You must be attuned to the staff to gain its benefits and cast its spells.

While holding the staff, you have a +1 bonus to your Armor Class.

The staff has 10 charges, which are used to fuel the spells within it. With the staff in hand, you can use your action to cast one of the following spells from the staff if the spell is on your class’s spell list: mage armor (1 charge) or shield (2 charges). No components are required.

The staff regains 1d6 + 4 expended charges each day at dawn. If you expend the staff’s last charge, roll a d20. On a 1, the staff shatters and is destroyed.[/sblock]

You have explored all of the hideout but the natural chasm crossed by some bridges. You all have found the cavern eerie like you were being watched. Do you let it lie or do you explore the cavern?
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
You are gathered near the north end of the cavern. It is eerily quiet.

The cavern is dimly lit, but you strain to see is you can pick out anything in there.

OOC: Everyone, please make a Wisdom (Perception) check, DC 17.
Lupin, make a DC 18 Charisma (Deception) check


[sblock=Successful Perception check]You see a vaguely humanoid shape to the west of the southern pillar, it appears to be attempting to hide.[/sblock]
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
A strange feeling comes over you, and a voice comes unbidden inside your mind, "Give us food, and leave us be, yes, I get food, leave you be, or food I get"
You can see a vaguely humanoid creature coming out from behind the far column. It's unsettling appearance with one great gleaming eye leads you to believe this is the source of the voice.
nothic.png
 

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: Would we have any meat in our rations? I feel we would. If so, Jax will give him a ration.



Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The creature approaches closely, swipes the offered ration and scuttles back hungrily devouring the ration. "You are friends, everyone is gone. They kept me fed, I keep their secrets. I know your secrets."

He sweeps his gaze over you all, and as he does so, you hear his cackling voice in your mind, echoing one or two words which suggest he knows your darkest secrets. You only hear your own, not the other party members.
 

tglassy

Explorer
Jax’s blood goes cold, though he doesn’t move against the creature, yet.

“Can you tell us the secrets you knew of the people who were here before? They won’t keep you fed anymore. We can keep you fed, now.”


Sent from my iPhone using EN World
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6805147]River Song[/MENTION]

Just a general bump although I fear we may have lost Brother Lantern.
 

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: I’ve been trying not to dominate the game since my plan to sneak in to the Redbrand base worked so well. But if no one else will...


Remembering a comment from one of the Redbrands before, Jax asked, “Do you know anything about the Black Spider?”


Sent from my iPhone using EN World
 

eayres33

Villager
Salazar stood staring at the creature, he couldn't think of anything relating to the Redbrands but he figured the creature may know more then what simply went on between these walls.

"Do you know about the orcs that haunt the roads?" Salazar tried to stop staring at the creature.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Noone knows the Black Spider. Hired the Redbrands to frighten off adventurers and intimidate the locals. Sent bugbears to reinforce the Redbrands and provide extra muscle."

"Orcs not seen since I came here long ago."

"Please friends," it says, a torturous whine edging into its voice, "Do you have... fresh meat?" Its motions are becoming agitated.
 

tglassy

Explorer
Jax shifted slightly. He’d rather not antagonize such a useful creature, but they couldn’t keep feeding it. Still, maybe a compromise could be reached.

“We can buy you some fresh meat from the market, but you would have to give us something of value in return. Is there any treasure the Redbrands left behind? Did they know anything that would help us?”


Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

Advertisement

Top