5E Lost Mine of Phandelver - CG

Thateous

Explorer
Lupin scurries forward before stabbing at the magic man repeatedly.

OOC: move to D2 [roll0] - [roll1] / [roll2] - [roll3]
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
GM: [MENTION=6805147]River Song[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]


The Mage still looks like he is in a vulnerable place, but who knows what his response will be?
 

River Song

Explorer
Brother Lantern joins in the fray, his crossbow coming up and loosing a bolt at the mage.

[sblock=action]

[roll0]
[roll1]

[/sblock]
 

tglassy

Explorer
Jax watched as his old master crumpled. He never stood a chance. Not without his staff.

What to do now?

"That Redbrand is waiting to hear from us. He'll be in here any moment. We need to convince him everything is fine. Or kill him." He looks to the others. "Thoughts?"


Sent from my iPhone using EN World
 

River Song

Explorer
"We should try and convince him, otherwise we will need to wade through blood to get out of here." Brother Lantern grunted slightly as he drew his bolt from the mages corpse.

He quickly checks the pockets and clothing for anything that may be of use. [roll0]
 

tglassy

Explorer
Jax rubs his hand up and down the Glasstaff. His Glasstaff. It was beautiful. It was...

He looked down once more at his old master.

He grabs Glasstaff's ankle, dragging his body to a corner of the room, well away from any books and papers, then quickly strips the mage's robe and tosses it to Brother Lantern, in case he wanted to search it more. "Hide that."

Then he turns to Glasstaff's body, and raises his hands, thumbs together.

Fire erupted from his fingers, engulfing the body, roasting it, hopefully, beyond recognition.

He had expected to feel some pleasure from this kill, from scorching the body of the one who ruined his life, but he only felt numb. He didn't even burn the body out of spite, but out of necessity. His victory was...anticlimactic. He hadn't even gotten a last word.

OOC: Anyone can interrupt at any time. I just went on in case they don't. I'm willing to follow someone else's lead at this point. I think there are still prisoners somewhere.



Sent from my iPhone using EN World
 

eayres33

Villager
Salazar looked at Jax as he burnt the body, he thought about stopping him but he didn’t, he did not know the old mage’s preferences for burial perhaps it was cremation that he wanted.

“I agree with Brother Lantern. If we can avoid bloodshed we should, but we must leave here and get on with our work. If it causes more death, we will all make amends for our actions when we can.”
 

tglassy

Explorer
Jax nodded. "We've taken out the leader, but the Redbrand remain. If we simply leave, they'll just replace their leader and keep going."

Jax begins going through the documents and papers that Glasstaff had been going through on the table.

"Search the room for anything worth taking, and someone call in that Redbrand that is guarding the door. We'll tell him that I, Glasstaff, came found you all about to go through the secret door and came with, killing the intruder. But if they believe I'm Glasstaff, what shall I tell them to do? Leave? Regroup elsewhere? I don't think we should leave them to their own devices."


Sent from my iPhone using EN World
 

tglassy

Explorer
"I suppose we could use them...have them patrol and defend the town...it would keep them busy, so they have less time to terrorize the people here. And it might make our jobs a little easier..."


Sent from my iPhone using EN World
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Various papers and notes are stacked neatly on the desk, mostly consisting of Glasstaff's written orders to apothecaries and alchemists in nearby settlements for more materials for his workshop. You also see the following note. bsletter.png

The wizards robes contain nothing of value.

There is a chest at the foot of the bed.
 

eayres33

Villager
Salazar looked over the note, “Do you think that is us, or do you think that is another group? The man that hired us was a dwarf I think?”

“I don’t like this place? We should put an end to this group, and perhaps find who is pulling the strings around here. Don’t really know where to start though?”

“Is that a chest?” Salazar said looking around the room, “Do you think he may have an extra cloak in there? These are nice.” He says running his fingers along the edge of his cloak.
 

tglassy

Explorer
“I have my staff,” Jax said, still studying it. “If there is anything else, you may divvy it up as you wish. He likely has some treasure lying about somewhere.

“As for the Redbrands, I still think it could be useful, but without Glasstaff, it will crumble. I can send them to Neverwinter, telling them I will have more instructions when they get there. They will wonder why Glasstaff never shows up. They may come back. Or they may break up. Either way, they aren’t in our hair.”

He looks at them. “It is your call.”


Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

Thateous

Explorer
"We could always sneak out the way we came in and just leave them to figure it out on their own. Although sending them to Neverwinter would be entertaining, however, I believe the note hints at a bigger fish pulling strings there, so we may bump into them again if we send them there..." Lupin says, digging in his nose the whole time.
 
Last edited:

eayres33

Villager
“I like the plan to send them to Neverwinter” Salazar says as he examines the chest without touching it. “These type of people usually don’t travel well, fights along the way in the cold, who has to walk who gets to ride on the chart, that type of thing.”

“Plus they may find more distractions in Neverwinter may turn to lesser sins.”

OOC:
Salazar will check the chest for traps, investigation and perception not sure what you would want.
Salazar Investigation: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22

Salazar perception: 1D20+1 = [9]+1 = 10

 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The chest does not appear to be trapped. Salazar opens it to discover it contains 180 sp, 130 gp, and a silk pouch containing five carnelians (10 gp each), two peridots (15 gp each), and one pearl (100 gp). There is a scroll case containing two scrolls, which are not intelligible to you at all.
 

River Song

Explorer
Brother Lantern looks over the items as they appear, "May I have a look at those scrolls please?" he asks.

Taking them with a quiet 'thank you' he tries to examine them to determine what they are for.
 

Advertisement

Top