• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver - CG

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Assuming it takes more than one night to get to Phandalin

Jax typically sleeps restlessly, tossing and turning through the night as if being tormented by fever dreams. The other had learned to just leave him alone when this happens.

Tonight, however, he was dead still. For his Master had come to call.

In his mind's eye, in the realm between dreams, he stood facing what could only be the Devil in his mind. Asmodeous, King of Hell.

"I've gotten a taste of the power you offered," Jax said, kneeling before the Devil. "It is wonderful. My foes fall before me, I can soar through the air, raining fire and power from the skies. But that alone will not defeat Glasstaff. He is powerful, my King. I need...I need something more subtle. As great full as I am for my gifts of flight, I now stand out. I need to be able to pass unseen by the masses. You said this power you granted was but a taste of what is to come. I need more."

Asmodeous chuckled, his laughter holding little mirth.

"There will be...a cost..." came the voice in his mind, the voice that was so familiar to him.

"I'll pay it."

So the Devil King showed him more. He showed him a simple alteration to his Eldridge Blast that would knock his foes off their feet. He showed him how to Hex a being so misfortune hounded them, allowing him to hit them more powerfully.

And in response to his request, the Devil King showed him a simple spell, one most wizards and Sorcerer knew. But he showed him how to tweak the spell in just such a way as to cast the spell effortlessly, a thing only the greatest wizards could accomplish.

By the time Jax opened his mind, he could become anyone.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

hafrogman

Adventurer
Feeling at least 66% more vital than before, Evelyn resumes her place at the head of the wagon train, striding forward and keeping a (hopeful) eye out for danger as they follow the Triboar Trail.

OOC: 2nd level barbarian is a land of no choices, but many hit points.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The rutted track emerges from a wooded hillside, and you catch your first glimpse of Phandalin. The town consists of forty or fifty simple log buildings, some built on old fieldstone foundations. More old ruins-crumbling stone walls covered in ivy and briars-surround the newer houses and shops, showing how this must have been a much larger town in centuries past. Most of the newer buildings are set on the sides of the cart track, which widens into a muddy main street of sorts as it climbs toward a ruined manor house on a hillside at the east side of town.
As you approach, you see children playing on the town green and townsfolk tending to chores or running errands at shops. Many people look up as you approach, but all return to their business as you go by.

Sildar seems much more at ease.
"My friends," he says, "let us secure lodgings. I'm told the local inn is very quaint."

OOC: Do you proceed to the inn or look around for other locations?

hafrogman

Adventurer
Evelyn looks around at the town with mild curiosity as the pass through. They're pretty far from the sea here, but otherwise it seems fairly usual. She nods at Sildar's suggestion. "I'm all for the inn... or perhaps a tavern. But shouldn't we deliver the wagonload first? I mean, without Gundren here, is there still somewhere it could go?"

tglassy

Adventurer
As they approached the town, Jax's form shivered. His wings and horns disappeared, as did his strange eyes and fangs. His skin color became a nice tan. Sitting with them now was a man who resembled Jax, but much more pleasing to the eye. He grinned as they rode into town.

"Let's get this wagon where it's supposed to go, then we can bed down for the night."

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The first building you come to in town is a trading post with a sign saying "Barthen's Provisions". You remember this as the agreed upon place to deliver the supplies. You pull up out front, and go inside. Sildar says, "I'll go on ahead to the Stonehill Inn and secure us lodgings."
There are all sorts of sundry goods about. Behind a counter, there is an older, balding human, talking to a younger human. At your approach he says, "Well met, travelers. What can I do for you folks?"

tglassy

Adventurer
Jack's flinches at the touch, and turns and glares at lupine. And he was going to need to keep his wings much closer to his body if people are going to just reach out and grab them

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Remove ads