Lost Mithril (B4cchus judging)

thegreyman

First Post
Krit shrugs out of his armor and lays it on the ground before taking the rope from Ces and settling it across his body like a bandolier. He studies the wall for a few seconds and then begins to climb. He inches up the wall, carefully setting his feet and making sure he has good handholds. It only takes him about a minute to reach the top of the 40 foot section, but it seems like ten.

He disappears over the edge for a few seconds, and then the coil of rope comes spiralling down. It stretches against the cliff as it falls, until there is only a few extra feet remaining when it reaches the ground.

Krit pokes his head over the top of the wall. "I think I've got it secured pretty good up here, but I'll hold it just to make sure. Could one of you bring up my armor? I feel a little exposed..."

ooc: I'm unsure if you can aid another in climbing. Luckily, Krit can make it if he takes his armor off, and takes 10 so there isn't any risk.

LogicsFate

First Post
Elise frown, She reaches out and touches the rope. Thinking better of it, she'll call up to the climbing Ces I, I'll be right here. I'll watch our things.

thegreyman

First Post
Gil also looks at the rope and says with a nervous grin to Elise, "Perhaps it would be best if some of us stayed down here... Just in case..."

Krit quickly shrugs into his armor after helping Ces over the edge.

Ces it's obvious after you look around for a few minutes that this rockfall was not natural. Several places in the exposed rock, you can see tool marks. In fact, it appears that there were timbers holding most of the rock up here, and when they were removed, that triggered the collapse. This was not an accident.

Dargon

First Post
to Elise and Gil "yes that's fine" Ces says with a bit of mirth in his voice.
anything pointing at a minimum number of people to create and spring this trap. And was it done with engerneringskill or bruteforce, etc.

OoC: Any roll i need/can make to learn this?

Last edited:

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: A disable device will tell you how a trap was sprung. As for most of the rest, you would need relevent skills in either stoneworking, mining, or such (or be a dwarf).

thegreyman

First Post
From what you can tell, the rock face appears to have broken down when the timbers fronting it were removed. Apart from that, the loose stone up here is concealing too much for you to get a good idea of what exactly occurred.

Dargon

First Post
answering Elise "Defiantly a trap. This was no accident." Ces picks up a pebble and throws it away
Is their any paths up here that seems to lead any were? (down, or something else)

Remove ads