• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost S04e10 01 May 08 - Something Nice Back Home

John Crichton

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
I like Kate most of the time, but I really don't like Kate/Jack. I just don't really like them together at all. Evangeline and Matthew have good chemistry, but they're just such a poor pairing in terms of how their relationship has developed. I can see- character wise- why Jack likes her (she's a problem waiting to be fixed) and Kate likes him (she longs for stability and comfort in her chaotic world) but it's a relationship that IMO has no future because it's based in dysfunction, and like I said- the two of them have such a history now of hurt and betrayal that I don't see how they can possibly feel remotely as if they are "in love". Lust, sure, but love? Eh.
I think that's the point. They are putting on a facade and trying badly to trick themselves into thinking they are in love, or something close to it. We don't get that from the island as much but the flash-forward certainly brings it to the forefront. Shows us how much easier it is to fall into those rolls when life and death isn't just around the corner, like on the island.

John Crichton

First Post
Staffan said:
Yeah, but lately she's been way more emotional cripple and way less badass.
True, but then again there haven't been many chances for anyone to be a badass in a while. She'll bust it out when she needs to.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads