• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Season Finale

DonTadow

First Post
EricNoah said:
We watched from the end of the program (Penny on the phone) up through the start of our local news, and I did not see a shuttle crash.
I thought I did too.. I'm wondering if the people at Lost only aired it in parts of the country, or only aired it for Tivo watchers. It just seems wierd.

This doesnt make a hill of sense. People in different areas are reporting seeing the plane, others aren't. This sounds like something Lost would pull.

eris404

Explorer
grrr- tried to post this earlier but had a connection foul up. Forgive me if this shows up twice.

I think (as some other do) that some of the people on the island are psychics or have special powers. I think one of the reasons the others wanted Walt is because he can bilocate, which is the reason why Shannon saw him in the jungle when he was still a captive. Remember what Klugh said, "Has he ever been seen in more than one place?" or something like that.

I suspect that Dave is not a figment of Hurley's mind, but is a ghost, specifically the ghost of Libby's husband, who was actually haunting Libby, but was hanging out with Hurley because he was the only one who could see him. What I'm not sure about is if that is true, why the others would let him go if they were studying psychics.

I think the statue is of an "Atlantean" hero or god. I think it would be interesting to figure out where the healer in Australia was specifically, because it could either be on the same ley line as the island or perhaps the two were parts of the same area thousands of years ago. I think that the Hansos found the electromagnetism of the island, perhaps that was ancient Atlantean technology, tried to harness, but couldn't and had to build the containment system.

I think this also explains the black cloud Eko saw in one episode - I think it was made of metal particles that were being drawn to the magnet when the energy was being built up.

Taelorn76

First Post
What if Libbt's husband Dave was Hurley's split personality. It explains why Hurley is in an insane assylum. Explains why Libby is rich. And as for her saying her husband is dead, Hurley was released form the assylum so his split personality could have been cured, hence killing Dave. The reason Libby was "following" Hurley is because he is her husband physicaly, just not mentally. That would also cover why Hurley could not shake the feeling that her knew her from somewhere

Steverooo

First Post
RangerWickett said:
That reminds me, did anyone else get about 3 minutes of dead air during the clip show? About 10 minutes in, when it should have been going to commercial, the screen went black, then sat on the Lost logo for about three minutes before going back to the clip show. It was like they just skipped the commercials.

Using Comcast cable in Atlanta.

Yes, on broadcast network TV.

Fast Learner

First Post
According to his morning's New York Times, the actor who plays "Henry Gale" will be a regular next season (credit in the opening regulars). Whoa.

WizarDru

Adventurer
RangerWickett said:
That's B.S. If you try to post fake news, and no one buys it, it's bad form to keep hammering away with the lie.

*goes to make sure it's not true*

It's not bs. We were watching after the credits too. They cut to a scene of the beach, and the pieces started hitting th water, followed by what looked like either the tail section of a plane or a shuttle.

Crothian

First Post
Fast Learner said:
According to his morning's New York Times, the actor who plays "Henry Gale" will be a regular next season (credit in the opening regulars). Whoa.

That's a shame, I don't like the character and think the actor isn't soing a great job either. It's one of the few low points of the show for me.

Darthjaye

First Post
I recommend that if anyone who does have this phantom ending with the second plane/shuttle crashing on their Tivo or DVR type device should find a way to post it ASAP if it exists. I suspect however that none of the people who say they have seen it will in fact post such a thing. My own DVR showed nothing of the kind however. It went from Penny's reaction to the call to the Lost title, then credits rolling on a bar at the bottom with local channel info and rolled right into local news. If they did cut it, they'd get serious fan backlash.

I did finally go to the "Hanso" site and was amused by the jobs listed.

Darthjaye

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
What if Libbt's husband Dave was Hurley's split personality. It explains why Hurley is in an insane assylum. Explains why Libby is rich. And as for her saying her husband is dead, Hurley was released form the assylum so his split personality could have been cured, hence killing Dave. The reason Libby was "following" Hurley is because he is her husband physicaly, just not mentally. That would also cover why Hurley could not shake the feeling that her knew her from somewhere

Man would she and he have to both been (in his case still be) seriously crazy for this to work. But it is a cool scenario.

Banshee16

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
My theory is that they built something around this electromagnet. There was an incident, which caused the electromagnet to charge with power. In order to discharge this power (before it gets to be too much) you have to punch in a code. This discharges some of the electromagnetism harmlessly. If you fail to push the button, the field will grow and grow, and get stronger and stronger (maybe sucking everything into it?). There is a fail safe which will discharge all of the electromagnetism at once, so no need to push the button anymore once this is done.

So why not just do that to begin with? I think the electromagnetism has something to do with the island's healing power. It's best to keep it on so they can experiment with it. Now that the electromagnetism is gone, perhaps Locke will begin to lose the feeling in his legs. Perhaps Roses' cancer will come back... Theory 2 is that, the electro-blast we see was so powerful, it permanently cured them (so we won't have to worry about Locke not being able to walk anymore eventually, or Rose dying eventually from the cancer).

Locke may have difficulty healing if he's dead :). But no body has been shown yet, so it's possible he's not actually dead. They have to be careful though....if he *is* dead, that'll mean they've killed 5 characters in the last few episodes, and 6 this season. And they've lost 2 who got away by boat, and 3 have been captured......they're going to be running out of castaways pretty soon at this rate.

Banshee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads