DDAL Lost Tales of Myth Drannor: DDAL's "Secret" D&D Book For Gen Con 50

Lost Tales of Myth Drannor is an official D&D Adventurers League book containing six adventures for characters of levels 1-20. It is billed as a promo for Gen Con's 50th anniversary, although it will eventually appear on the DMs Guild -- from DDAL's Greg Marks: "It is a book that is a promo for GC50 and cons the admins are invited to. It will eventually appear on the DMsGuild."

Lost Tales of Myth Drannor is an official D&D Adventurers League book containing six adventures for characters of levels 1-20. It is billed as a promo for Gen Con's 50th anniversary, although it will eventually appear on the DMs Guild -- from DDAL's Greg Marks: "It is a book that is a promo for GC50 and cons the admins are invited to. It will eventually appear on the DMsGuild."

Greg also added that "When initially released some are being distributed by BMG at Gen Con (I can't speak to how) and some by admins as promos" and that its appearance on DMsGuild would be "some months later.... PDF and possibly POD".

He added later that "I can't speak to what the BMG folks will be doing with their allotment, but the admins that are there will have some as well (myself, Claire and Alan are attending). The first print run of Super Secret Project 76 (not its real name) will be used by the admins as a promo item that we hand out at cons we go to (an actual book is a pretty awesome promo!). It will eventually go up on the DMsGuild as well, though not immediately. I will continue to tease more info on my twitter (@Skerrit7h3green) up until it is released on August 17th."

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.39.42.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.40.17.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.41.58.png

DHRafquWsAEbRCZ.jpg

And there's a LOT of them sitting in boxes at Gen Con this week!

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 15.42.29.png

Mixmaster

Explorer
And if it was on Ebay, how much would you be willing to pay for it? It went for $275 at the charity auction, and Greg was offered $200 a number of times...

warfteiner

First Post
Thanks to everyone that was super excited to get their copy (even if a couple of you stalked me around the convention, waiting until I put on the Beholder Hat; it was a bit weird haha)! The rest of the admin team and I have been pleasantly surprised by the lack of entries on eBay and Amazon - maybe people are more interested in playing it than selling it! ;)

For now, our distribution plans remain as they were before the show: we will bring these to shows and gamedays that invite an admin to their events. Over the next few months, this will be the only way to secure a copy of this adventure.

Our end goal is to make this available on a much larger scale via dmsguild, but POD is not 100% guaranteed yet. While it is likely, the good folks over there have let me know that there are some behind-the-scenes concerns with POD before it can become a full-on possibility (but they're working on it). So, fingers crossed and high hopes for that!

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Like others, kinda surprised one hasn't popped up on eBay...even a ratty dog eared copy!

with that said, I'd probably go as high as $30 for a copy (mint) but if it goes much higher then I'll wait for the POD on dmsguild.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arallu

Villager
Thanks to everyone that was super excited to get their copy (even if a couple of you stalked me around the convention, waiting until I put on the Beholder Hat; it was a bit weird haha)! The rest of the admin team and I have been pleasantly surprised by the lack of entries on eBay and Amazon - maybe people are more interested in playing it than selling it! ;)

For now, our distribution plans remain as they were before the show: we will bring these to shows and gamedays that invite an admin to their events. Over the next few months, this will be the only way to secure a copy of this adventure.

Our end goal is to make this available on a much larger scale via dmsguild, but POD is not 100% guaranteed yet. While it is likely, the good folks over there have let me know that there are some behind-the-scenes concerns with POD before it can become a full-on possibility (but they're working on it). So, fingers crossed and high hopes for that!

Impressive.

Here's to hoping you get the bugs worked out!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads