• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LOST: The Final Season (Spoilers)

Diamond Cross

Banned
Banned
Yeah in Ab Aeterno (I think) Richard was trying to kill himself and Jack sat with him in front of a stick of dynamite. It went out without exploding.

fba827

Adventurer
did we ever learn how/why Kate was taken off the candidate list? Or we only really know this as a result of her name having been crossed off in the cave of lists?

fba827

Adventurer
Here's my understanding: Smokey can't kill candidates, but candidates can certainly be killed by others. That's Jack's idea behind the bomb: if Sawyer had left it alone then it couldn't have killed any of them, but if it was messed with then it would be Sawyer killing them, which is exactly what happened.

They're not the same as Richard, but they are protected from Smokey.

That's my understanding as well.
Richard=unique situation and can't be killed
Candidates=can't be killed by smokey per 'the rules' but can die by other causes

so... basically, Smokey has to kill off all the candidates to leave the island because then there will be no Jacob left to keep him there?

Man, three main character deaths in one episode...

and what is Desmond's role in all this?

Fast Learner

First Post
so... basically, Smokey has to kill off all the candidates to leave the island because then there will be no Jacob left to keep him there?
That's my understanding. Jacob and his replacement candidates are the stopper in the bottle that keeps Smokey on the island.

and what is Desmond's role in all this?
Wish I knew. He seems to be the guy who can see both timelines, but beyond that I dunno.

Blastin

First Post
I'm just glad Sayid got to go out doing something heroic and not as some "tool of evil" zombie.
As for the Kwons: I was waiting for Sun to pull out the "You have to leave me so that our daughter is not alone." But she never did. Which is kinda strange and out of character.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
As for the Kwons: I was waiting for Sun to pull out the "You have to leave me so that our daughter is not alone." But she never did. Which is kinda strange and out of character.

That and the whole avoidance of saying which Kwon is the candidate
led me to thinking that the littlest Kwon is the one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads