LOST - Wednesday 10/19/05 9:00 PM EDT

Crothian

First Post
Cutter XXIII said:
No, it isn't hard I guess. But it isn't SMART either! Which was the whole question: whether ignoring monsters you know very little about, and Others you know to be dangerous, is a smart move. I think you can agree that it's not smart, even if it was his only choice (given that he'll do anything to get his son back--I accept that. I'd do similarly...but I'd get help.)

I gave up on the smart choices last season, that is why I'm suprised when they make them

fett527

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
Good. I never liked her character. They need to kill more people. I mean the writer's need to kill more people. I mean the writers need to kill more characters.

Death To Everyone!

Thanks for narrowing down a gender, I'll assume that was an unintentional spoiler! :mad: NO SPOILERS FOR FUTURE EPISODES PLEASE!

Arnwyn

First Post
Cutter XXIII said:
It's my own impression, that's all.

And even though I've shared it, it's still mine. I'm keeping it.
Though I am also sharing it.

You were right - he was acting dumb. (Understandably so, due to his child's involvement, but dumb nonetheless. Thankfully he wised up at the end.)

RatPunk

First Post
Crothian said:
Any one able to count how many Others went by? It seemed like about 8 to me but the with the switching camera angles it was hard to say.

Provided that each set of legs was a new one (which was hard to tell for sure with the switching camera angles), I counted 13.

Ambrus

Explorer
I just caught the bit about "orange" leading Jin to meet Sun while thinking about the episode this morning. Cute little twist.

Also, I suspect that the teddy bear wasn't Walt's but rather Alex's (Danielle's missing daughter). ;)

It was fun to see Jin shut up the b-lady by catching a huge pile of fish with minimal effort. :D

RigaMortus2

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
Good. I never liked her character.

Gee, thanks for narrowing it down for us...

Anyway...

I liked how we get to see a few people's skills in this episode, and how they will benefit. For example, TSP (Tail Section Passengers) did not seem to have a good fisherman. Jin got to show off his skills. Eku was good at making makeshift weapons, that will certainly benefit everyone as well. Can't wait for them to finally all come together.

Question... Are they going to play any re-runs in the next 3 weeks, or what?

LightPhoenix

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
There are only 5 from what I have seen:
Libby
Eku
Anna Lucia
Bernard
Woman w/ short hair.

I believe her name was Emily. It was mentioned when Ana was giving orders.

Also, with regards to polar bears. WE know there is more than one polar bear - Danielle mentions it to Sayid in his first episode in season one. I believe the line is, "if we're lucky, it's one of the polar bears." The Lostaways don't know that though. They all know about one polar bear, but there haven't been any others.

Again, Michael is a low-WIS character. He can be talked into reason (as in this episode, with Eko and Jin), but he doesn't often come to it himself.

Jin rocks on toast. The whole fishing scene was hilarious. Also, good to know he's learning a bit of English. I didn't catch what he said to Michael at the end though... all I caught was his name... I think it was Korean, but I'm not sure.

I found the current-day stuff with Sun tepid, but the flashbacks I enjoyed. Far too often the flashbacks are downers, and I really enjoyed the positiveness of these. They also shed a lot of insight into Jin's character, which is always good. More Jin is teh awesomez. :)

Staffan

Legend
LightPhoenix said:
Also, with regards to polar bears. WE know there is more than one polar bear - Danielle mentions it to Sayid in his first episode in season one. I believe the line is, "if we're lucky, it's one of the polar bears." The Lostaways don't know that though. They all know about one polar bear, but there haven't been any others.
I'm pretty sure there was a polar bear going after Walt in an episode last season, the one where Locke and Michael were clashing about Walt, with the flashbacks showing that Walt had weird powers. So there have been at least two polar bears.

Remove ads