• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lotus and the Cobra [IC]

Mirth

Explorer
Yellow Sign said:
Zhangyong, looking over Jval can tell that he is grievously wounded (-4 hp) but stable at the moment. You would think that his wounds would be bleeding more but they are not. He appears feverish though. He need his wounds tended too quickly you think. You can also tell that Mira and Arjay are also wounded.

OOC: I've been waiting all this time for YS to post and then somehow completely missed this. :( Sorry, folks.

Zhangyong quickly converts as much of his magic as he needs to cure Jval and then Mira.

Tonguez said:
"Is he going to be alright?" Arjay asks of the Vanara not knowing whether to trust him after the run in with the Babbons.

"Tell me," he continues after Zhangyongs reply, "and forgive me if I offend. Do you have an affinity with Baboons? Can you explain why they attacked us - and the dead Yogi?"

"I can only hope so," the brahmin says. "But you have wounds of your own that need tending. Let me see your arm."

"Vanara have as much in common with Baboons as you do, although that might be hard to believe at first," Zhangyong grins, baring his large canine teeth, as he cleans Arjay's cuts. "As for why they attacked you, blame the serpents. Their forked tongues can make anyone act counter to their true purposes." The vanara pauses and his eyes darken, then he shakes his head and continues. "They are most dangerous, most dangerous."

After he is done with the healing, Zhangyong kneels down, exhausted. "Night is coming on quickly, but I need to recoup. We should move the villagers to a central location and post guards. We can begin routing out the serpents once all of us are up to full speed."

OOC: YS, I need an updated list of what level spells I've converted so I can determine which ones I've got left. I know I healed the boy before.

Sanjit, who has been nervously observing the interactions silently thus far looks suddenly concerned, " The cursed sepents, Sanjit knows of them, yes indeed... they have attacked during the cover of night before, yes..." He pauses and looks around and sniffs the air... "Sanjit does not like these places of humanity... but the Vanara called Zhangyong is quite right, yes, yes; Sanjit will defend these poor village humans and destroy the Yuan-ti."

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Yudhistra says, "I agree with Zhangyong. We should wait until daylight to hunt the serpents, when we have recovered and when they have less of an advantage."

[OOC Do we know if they have low-light vision or anything like that?]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Arjay suddenly becomes concious of his own wounds - and looks down to see the blood upon his arm and legs. He stretches his arm out to the Vanara stoically.

"Forgive me holy one" he says simply

"I was sent by my Father-in-law to find the Yogi Sarkuman and arrive to find him murdered by baboons and must return ignorant of why I came.
But if as you say Serpent men are involved then at least I can remain and avenge his death and protect those who must remain here..."

Mirth

Explorer
Tonguez said:
Arjay suddenly becomes concious of his own wounds - and looks down to see the blood upon his arm and legs. He stretches his arm out to the Vanara stoically.

"Forgive me holy one" he says simply

"I was sent by my Father-in-law to find the Yogi Sarkuman and arrive to find him murdered by baboons and must return ignorant of why I came.
But if as you say Serpent men are involved then at least I can remain and avenge his death and protect those who must remain here..."

"Perhaps you were not meant to find the yogi at all... " Zhangyong says as he applies healing to Arjay's wounds, "... but instead to find his killers. The journey is not always clear to us until look back at the path that got us here." Looking up again, the brahmin pats Arjay on the shoulder and gives him a reassuring smile. "We should get some rest for we have a hard task ahead of us."

Yellow Sign

Explorer
[OOC: Sorry for the delay. I was off on a fishing trip.
Zhangyong converted 4 first level spells, 1 second level spell, and 1 third level spell to healing. That would bring everyone to full hit points. As for Yuan-ti vision, you know that they see very well at night and some have other senses that help them "see" in darkness.]

Zhangyong calls upon the healing energy of the spirits of nature and Mira, Arjay, and Jval's wounds disappear. Jval is still unresponsive and has a high fever. Zhangyong can tell that Jval has Blood Fever and will require special care.

"Quick, lets take him to Mistress Prava's home. She is a most skilled healer." says Ramja. He then has a puzzled look on his face and then adresses Mira and Arjay. "Where is Shava? I thought he was with you?"

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"Shava" Arjay looks up a horrofied look on his face "when the babboons attacked we sent him running back to the village.

If he is not yet returned then I fear for his fate.

Quick we must go and search for him - call your best warriors and I will accompany them!"

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Before you can act, a loud crash is heard followed by a woman's scream. It sounds like it is coming from a hut just down the street. (80 feet)

Ranja looks and yell's "That sounds like Mistress Prava!" At that moment the huge serpentine head of a giant python rises behind the hut and then strikes downwards again to crash into the hut.
A second python then slithers on to the dirt road. It turns it's head to stare at your group. It's eyes pulse with a hellish red light.

python.jpg

Inituative:
Zhangyong - 24
Python #1 - 16
Yudhistra - 12
Arjay - 12
Python #2 - 12
Sanjit - 6
Mira - 5
Adus - 3

OOC: The hut and the Python #1 is 80 feet away. Python #2 is 60 feet away and directly between you and the hut.

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
With lightning speed, the brahmin bounds forward in the direction of the scream, unslinging his bow as he goes. Calling back over his shoulder, Zhangyong yells to the others, "You take the one on the road and I'll get the woman out of there!" At that, his wings of flying unfurl and carry him up. Once in the air, the vanara takes aim at the snake attacking the hut and fires, "May the wisdom of the Great Bear guide my arrow." OOC: Zen Archery

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads