• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] A Bad Light

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Cortessa wither your green-skinned..." Fury moves over to the dead barghest and kicks it repeatedly. "Couldn't have the decency to die on my sword..."

Eventually the rogue vents his frustration enough that he looks around at the others. "Let's get this over with; I'm ready for a glass of wine or three at the Dunn Wright." Now that he isn't being threatened by vile monsters Fury will take a look around this level. (Is there another floor or is this the top?)

[sblock=Actions]standard: attack barghest
move: tumble to A7 [/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2 / Bard 2
Initiative: +6 Perception: +7

AC: 19 (14 touch; 15 flat-footed)
HP: 32 Current: 7
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +1 Ref: +10 Will: +3

In Hand: rapier

Spells Remaining: 1st: 1/2[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
This floor is obviously the nice floor of the tower. The big room that Skrom was in at the start is a library/private officer lounge. There is also a chapel, infirmary, private quarters for the adept and the doctor, a meeting room, and guest quarters. Most of the rooms, while stripped of anything too valuable, are surprisingly intact, with the libary serving as a sort of throne room for Skrom. In one of the guest quarters, you find Skrom's nest, and a small bag with magic radiating from its contents. Otherwise, there are a few books of dubious moral value and a few books that might actually be worth reading on the bookshelves, but nothing of value to the party. Some of the windows on this floor even look like they are still operational.

OOC: The stairs look like they go up to the top of the tower were the light is. There is also the door to the plateau.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric shares Furies sentiments and helps remove the creature's head as well and waits to return normal size once more.

After recovering his chakram, he puts the magical pig-sticker away. Taking his time searching the floor and bodies, to loot everything of potential value possible, the despair that gripped him wears off and he becomes his usual self. For better or for worse.

He remarks, "I think we should display the bastard's head on a sharpened pole at the entrance. That will serve as a warning to other nefarious creatures, eh?"

"But with him killing himself trying to flee, it takes some of the joy out of naming Syl, 'Skrom Frier'. Ummm, that sounds like a someone cooked up genitalia don't it?"

When they find some interesting items, he looks to the spell casters (everyone else :p) to examine the treasures to tell them what they found.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 24 (22 without shield, 22 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 31
CMB: +7 CMD: 20 (22 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear) +5 CMD for enlarged
Conditions in Effect: none

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 6/6 remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury shakes his head.

"Don't look at me; I can tell when something is magical but beyond that... Never learned the trick of the rest."

He'll open the small bag and pick through the items examining them until he can determine which one is the magical one. He'll offer it to Anna and Sylvain for their inspection.

He muses while he waits on the verdict. "Sylvain, 'Barghest Broiler'? 'Goblin Toaster'? Guess we could go with that old standby 'Slayer of Barghests'. And that thing's head on a pole rates just under a few glasses of wine. I like it."

[sblock=Actions]--[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2 / Bard 2
Initiative: +6 Perception: +7

AC: 19 (14 touch; 15 flat-footed)
HP: 32 Current: 7
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +1 Ref: +10 Will: +3

In Hand: rapier

Spells Remaining: 1st: 1/2[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Syl, Witch

"The Barhest Broiler? I think I can live with that. The ladies back in town will have a field day with that! Now let me take a look at that bag. I'm sure that monster had a chance to procure a large chunk of treasure." Syl takes the bags and looks at the items detecting as magical.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric contemplates the monickers as he is most likely the witch's wingman in the brothels when Syl tries to impress the whores.

Pointing to the crispy goblin minion, he remarks, "I think 'Goblin Toaster' would be more accurate, truth be told."

"If it ever got out that old Skrom managed to off himself, that might be easier to keep straight when we are too drunk to think beyond getting our manhood serviced."

Borric looks around for a suitable 'pole' to display Skrom's head.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 24 (22 without shield, 22 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 31
CMB: +7 CMD: 20 (22 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +6 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear) +5 CMD for enlarged
Conditions in Effect: none

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 6/6 remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

sunshadow21

Explorer
The tokens that are still magical include 2 anchor shaped tokens, a fan shaped token, a tree shaped token, and 2 bird shaped tokens. After studying them while the others wait for the despair to wear off, Sylvain remembers hearing about feather tokens, and realizes that these must be a variation of the concept fit for use at sea.

Remove ads