[LPF] About a Cow

Trogdor1992

First Post
Realising there is simply no way to make the jump with his heavy armor Rak'Tan decides to make his way across the log, hoping that it holds. Rather than jump down into the chaos Rak'Tan chooses to bide his time, thinking an enemy may come close enough that he may leap down for a swift strike at an enemy.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]What are the logistics of the following two scenarios in one round:

1. Drop the bow, get a running start while drawing her sword, jumping the gap and land then attack?

2. Only one person on the log? Climb the log and shoot down?[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The dark room looms below Rak'tan as the tiefling pulls himself up onto the log. The log creaks ominously and shifts from where it is wedged but does not fall under Rak'tan's weight. He waits, guaging the right moment to act...

The kobolds scurry about, preparing for invasion: one throws a damp blanket of woven rags over the fire smothering it. Smoke billows as he stomps out the fire and the room darkens, especially below where Arradon is. There is still enough light for the elf to see one of the kobolds swing over the edge and begin descending towards him.

Another kobold moves forward and throws a knife at Rak'tan. The throw is expertly aimed and passes between the flared roots of the tree to strike the warrior a glancing blow. The other kobolds hold back apparently assessing the situation.

GM: Round Two: Everyone is up.

[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one
QrVcNg.png

Starlight Keep level two
j3nBPP.png

Starlight Keep level three
F9INx8.png
[/sblock]

Trogdor, that position will take two moves for Rak'tan but he'll be positioned to drop down on his next turn.

FrancisJohn, I'm not sure what you mean by logistics, exactly. Specific actions? For scenario 1: drop bow (free), run & draw (move & free), jump (part of move + DC 15 Acrobatics to avoid 1d6 nonlethal damage from deliberate jump down 10 ft), attack (standard, but that kobold moved out of range to put out the fire). Scenario 2: Technically there are spaces for 6 on the log if it would hold that much weight. Very feasible to get on the log and shoot down. Move onto log (move), attack (standard)

Aelspeth: hp 18/18
Arradon: hp 17/26 [5 non-lethal]
Autumn: hp 16/16
Rak'tan: hp 11/13 [4 non-lethal] 2 dmg from knife

Kobold (F11): AC 17/T 14/FF 14; 12/12 hp; 5 ft down net
Note: all kobolds in this room have same AC & hp

[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I presume Autumn still has it in the hall where much of its light is shaded. She moves into the room with it and light will mostly not be a problem.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]If possible, actually the opposite. For non-darkvision creatures, I'd rather illuminate them, not me. Make Autumn's prey glow in the dark, while keeping her hidden. So whatever way you rule I'm fine with, but the initial intention was to fire the glowing arrow. Never tried this trick before, so next game I will be much more clear about it. Sometimes I forget that you guys don't live in my head. [/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'll be on my computer to more throughly assess the situation and post in a few minutes. GE, could Aelspeth deactivate her ioun torch and throw it at Arradon's head? What action would that require? I know it's AC 5 to hit a target space but I would personally rule a little higher for trying to hit a smaller target (i.e., Arradon's head-shoulders region). Just a wild idea, let me know your thoughts.[/sblock]

Trogdor1992

First Post
Rak'Tan finishes working his way to the end of the log and waits for the perfect time for a jumping strike. While waiting he attempts to get a better look at the enemy they are facing.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Rak'tan's observation shows that these kobolds look little different than the kobolds the group previously fought. They bear slightly different arms as you've seen daggers and shortswords but the armor is leather similar to that worn by the guards at the entrance. Their bearing is somewhat different, though. These kobolds carry themselves like hardened warriors, the last survivors of a dying tribe.

GM: Round Two: Everyone is still up.

[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one
QrVcNg.png

Starlight Keep level two
j3nBPP.png

Starlight Keep level three
F9INx8.png
[/sblock]

Trogdor, I hope that is what you were looking for (not sure if there was something specific you were wanting). Also, I presumed you did that bit of movement last round so you are still free to act this round.

FrancisJohn, if you have a standard procedure you are going to follow (like keeping a light spell on an arrow) you should let me know. I don't remember if you mentioned you were firing the lit arrow at the kobold or not, or if it was fired previously, or if it was retrieved or the spell recast. Include that sort of thing in your posts and we'll be fine.

Merry Mortician, Hmm... I presume you mean to activate the stone around Arradon's head but I don't think that it is really possible to do for someone else. I'm willing to let that slide and let you make the attempt at the same AC to hit a space. If you are just concerned about providing light to Arradon moving closer to the door would be sufficient.

All, it would be helpful if spells in effect were listed in your statblock under 'Current Conditions' or some similar heading.

Aelspeth: hp 18/18
Arradon: hp 17/26 [5 non-lethal]
Autumn: hp 16/16
Rak'tan: hp 11/13 [4 non-lethal] 2 dmg from knife

Kobold (F11): AC 17/T 14/FF 14; 12/12 hp; 5 ft down net
Note: all kobolds in this room have same AC & hp

[/sblock]

Remove ads