[LPF] About a Cow

ealt

Explorer
[sblock=Critical Hit]
Confirm:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
I'm glad this happened. I had a whole cinematic thing playing through my mind all day!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Our rolls were due to turn around at some point! I love when I get the imagination of the scene stuck in my head too![/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
To reach the kobolds Erin has to run across a log precariously wedged in the doorway and stretched across a considerable drop. Down there it seems several elves are fighting some sort of chain creature but her focus is on reaching the kobolds and she doesn’t make out much more than that. From the end of the log she has to drop down about ten feet to a landing where the tiefling she saw battling the kobolds lies unconscious. She drops and lands harder than expected; she may have sprained an ankle though it is not so severe as to hinder her movement. Her attack is solid though not quite enough to take out one of the kobolds.

There is no response from Rak’tan as Autumn calls out her question though the sound of battle can still be heard from above and she would swear she just saw someone up above cross the log. However, when Autumn blasts the kobold with her firebolt she finds it is just a bit quicker and its blade snaps out and pricks her. She is still able to blast it in retaliation, though.

Arradon can feel the blood soaking into his shirt. He needs to end this, and quickly, so that he can get healing to stop the flow of his life’s blood. He very nearly does it: his attack is skillfully placed and executed perfectly. Broken bits of metal fall to the floor with the tinkle of falling icicles but it is not quite enough. The creature still hovers dangerously close to Arradon though anyone nearby can tell that it is severely wounded.

GM: Round Four continuing: Aelspeth is up.

[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one
QrVcNg.png

Starlight Keep level two
j3nBPP.png

Starlight Keep level three
F9INx8.png
[/sblock]

Anastrace, welcome!
Also, Erin has to drop 10 ft to reach the kobolds (after crossing the log). Because it is a deliberate jump it is nonlethal damage. Unfortunately, she missed the Acrobatics roll to avoid damage altogether (Erin Ref save: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5; normally you would make this but I did it this time to keep things rolling) and takes nonlethal: 1D6 = [5] = 5 dmg.

Francis John, spell-like abilities provoke attacks of opportunity.

Trogdor, hopefully it won’t be long before we get Rak’tan back up and active.

Aelspeth: hp 17/18 [5 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 11/26 [5 non-lethal] + 1d2 Bleed: Arradon bleed: 1D2 = [2] = 2
Autumn: hp 11/16 [2 non-lethal]
Rak'tan: hp 3/13 [4 non-lethal] Unconscious
Erin: hp 14/14 [5 non-lethal]

Kobolds: AC 17/T 14/FF 14; 9 / 12; 12; 6; 0 hp
Note: all kobolds in this room have same AC & hp
Kobold attacks: AoO vs Autumn: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20
1D4 = [3] = 3

Augur kyton AC 17/T 15/FF 14; 19 hp: dmg taken [16]
Action:

[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

Aelspeth draws and fires once more as Arradon's dagger plunges into the metal monstrosity's single eye, spewing blood and a viscous, off-white gelatin over the elf's torn leather armor. The augur kyton's chains flail in agony and Aelspeth's arrow explodes in a shower of splinters before it reaches her intended target. The iron arrowhead disappears into the scrap metal pile, indistinguishable from so many blades, chains, and armor plates.

[sblock=OOC]Standard: Shoot augur kyton: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
1D8-1 = [4]-1 = 3

Miss. Does not provoke due to augur kyton's Tiny size.
Arrow breaks >50: 1D100 = [64] = 64
Move: ---

Thank you all so much for your patience this past week! I'm back now. And FJ, thanks for the compliment.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth’s Mini Stats]Aelspeth Noromiel
HP: 17/18 (5 nonlethal)
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13 (17 vs. incorporeal)
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +7
Conditions in Effect: Mage armor (+4 AC), ioun torch, unseen servant
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (16/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
2nd Level: ---
Consumables: Wand of CLW -3 (-1 for Autumn), Wand of Mage Armor -1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Above, the kobolds move to surround Erin and stab at her though luck favors her for the moment and all three attacks miss.

Below, the kobold facing Autumn attacks with his long knife. It scratches her, inflicting a slight wound.

The kyton facing Arradon and Aelspeth goes still for a moment then moves its chains in a curious pattern and reaches out in a strangely tentative fashion…

[sblock=Spellcraft DC 16]The augur kyton has invoked an Inflict Light Wounds.[/sblock]

GM: Round Five: Everyone is up.
Kyton provokes an AoO from Arradon.

[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one
QrVcNg.png

Starlight Keep level two
j3nBPP.png

Starlight Keep level three
F9INx8.png
[/sblock]

Aelspeth: hp 17/18 [5 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 8/26 [5 non-lethal] + 1d2 Bleed
Autumn: hp 10/16 [2 non-lethal]
Rak'tan: hp 3/13 [4 non-lethal] Unconscious
Erin: hp 14/14 [5 non-lethal]

Kobolds: AC 17/T 14/FF 14; 9 / 12; 12; 6; 0 hp
Note: all kobolds in this room have same AC & hp
Kobold attacks: vs Erin: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4
1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9
1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14

vs Autumn: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21
1D4 = [1] = 1

Augur kyton AC 17/T 15/FF 14; 19 hp: dmg taken [16]
Action: Touch vs Arradon: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
If Arradon’s AoO doesn’t take it out then Arradon will take ILW: 1D8+5 = [1]+5 = 6 damage and becomes staggered.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

"Heavens me! I never realized how open my fire attack leaves me! Autumn you idiot!" The druid gets rather distraught by the fact that no one answered her call, but at least she heard the sounds of combat behind her. Autumn takes note that she didn't hear Rak'tan up top, but the kobolds curiously aren't coming down. She takes a quick peek around, and sees both elves alive and well. Although mysterious creature's motions are truly befuddling, intuition tells her that some one is going to be in a world of hurt. "Arradon! Watch out!"

Autumn sees no better option than to continue her sword fight with the kobold in front of her. This time, her swing lands true, clipping the kobold right in the side. Finding a gap in the armor, she continues slicing through. Blood spills everywhere, and the kobold falls. After killing her foe, and quickly takes out the healing wand in anticipation of the nasty spell.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Spellcraft (Identify Spell 17)
Standard: Melee attack kobold F11 (Attack 24, Damage 4, Crit 24, Damage 7)
Move: Draw wand of Cure Light Wounds
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]There's some more rolls! Ealt, you started a trend![/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 10/16 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Acrobatics: +9
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +9
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist

Armed: Longsword
Conditions: Light (on arrow in chamber), Bow on floor E12

Solo Kills: Kobolds 3, Scorpion 2
Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ealt

Explorer
[sblock=AOO & Will Save]
AOO vs Augur Kyton:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Will Save (If memory serves, I get one):[roll2]
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arradon isn't able to take advantage of the kyton's vulnerability as it invokes magic but the elf does resist most of the effects of that magic. Fresh wounds still open where the kyton touches Arradon, and though not as severe Arradon isn't sure how much more of this punishment he can take.

[sblock=OOC]Yes, Rak'tan is still unconscious.

Sorry, ealt, I forgot about the save. You are correct, though, and Arradon made the save for half damage (already marked above).[/sblock]

Remove ads