[LPF] Barrow of the Forgotten King

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

[section]
Qalabash approaches Ian Turbrand since they dealt with the man most recently.

"Ah, Master Turbrand! We have just now returned from our discussion with Ms. Banjatha Minwitten. She is unwilling, even with a contingent of your guard to protect her, to cast a spell that will allow us to pass the strange door in the mausoleum. However, she has agreed to provide two scrolls so that we may enter and exit the locked area where we believe the perpetrators of such an atrocity," he looks pointedly at the distraught girl, "Have taken refuge. Unfortunately, her price is 300 gold pieces. Now if it were all the same to me I would just batter the door down and be done with it and save a fair bit of coin in the process but this is your town and your mausoleum and we have already determined that you are unwilling to allow destruction of the door..."

Qalabash smiles and shrugs as if to say 'Whatever can we do?'
[/section]

[sblock=OOC/Actions]--
[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 20 Current HP: 20
CMB: +4 / +6 Trip CMD: 15 / 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, +1 unprepared
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield, +1 unprepared
Special:
Arcane Pool: 2/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

Mirra shakes her head but lets Qalabash do the talking, since she's clearly frustrated by the villagers and their petty bickering about stonework and money when lives are on the line. "If my parents hadn't raised me to do the right thing ..." she mutters under her breath.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 12/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +5
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 2/7
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 0/3
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person, Shield, Detect Secret Doors

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+2, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+4, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas holds his peace for now, content to let Qalabash take the lead with the villagers. When the older man "makes his play," the hulking half-orc echoes his shrug and helpless affect.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 15 (09 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 19/19 (NL Damage: 04; Ability Damage: DEX 07)
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +09
CMB: +03 CMD: 12
Fort: +04 Reflex: -01 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Qualabash used almost enough words to satisfy a gnome, but these larger guys might have got confused a bit. So, for the moment, she doesn't add any more until the she sees if his effort was good enough.
[sblock=actions]Bubba:
Mystie: wait
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 23/23, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +4, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Read Magic, Message, Spark, Unwitting Ally (DC 14 Will)
Racial Spells:
Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
1/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
3/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: In right spring loaded wrist sheath, Qalabash's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (19/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 1 Antitoxin
Consumables: 2/6 days trail rations, 2/6 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 0 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action, Mystie and Jonas used
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5, Understands Common
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack x2, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 4 16:36 - Kingsholm: Coronet & Cabbage Inn ~

BeardedMan.jpg
SergeantPhelps_zpsf827541e.jpg

Ian did not understand the problem. Or maybe he did not want to understand it.

“We sought your help because we are simple townsfolk. If our own trained sentinels are in capable of combating this evil, how can you even ask one of our shopkeepers to do so instead?”

“But you said she would make you some scrolls so you can get past the door without destroying it. We are offering a substantial reward that would more than cover the cost. So what’s the problem?”

The dwarf harrumphed, “Bah, they are trying to extort us for more gold by the sound o’ it, Ian.”

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Stats:
Code:
Qalabash:   20/20 HP remaining; 
Mirra:      13/16 HP remaining; 
Mystie:     23/23 HP remaining; 
->Bubba:    16/16 HP remaining; 
Jonas:      15/19 HP remaining; (4 damage NL); Poisoned 3 dex dmg

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
  Qalabash: AP 2/4, Spells 1st 1/3
  Mirra:    Bombs 5/7, Extracts 1/3, Intel Mutagen 0/1
  Mystie:   Misfortune, Ch Energy 5/5, SLAs 0/3, Spells 1st 0/6, Bard Perf 3/8
  Jonas:    Jdgmt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/2
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas rolls his eyes in exasperation. "Well, for me that issue is that as an 'adventurer' I live pretty much hand to mouth. All my available cash goes to buying equipment and supplies. So I don't have 300 gold pieces burning a hole in my pocket to buy a scroll, when I could just as easily batter down the door and save myself a small fortune. And even if I did have it, that same 300 pieces of gold would feed me on the road for two years. It's not a question of extortion, sir. We can get through the door with or without the scroll. It's a question of whether or not it's worth the gold to keep the door intact.

"In fact, had we followed our first inclination - to just take down the door - we wouldn't even be having this conversation. It was only our concern for your feelings about the sanctity of your crypt that led us to return here and ask after a spell for opening it."

Having said his piece, the hulk heaves another exasperated sigh and subsides into glowering silence.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 15 (09 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 19/19 (NL Damage: 04; Ability Damage: DEX 07)
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +09
CMB: +03 CMD: 12
Fort: +04 Reflex: -01 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

Mirra throws up her hands. "Jonas is completely correct. I do not have the cash on hand, and I for one am not discussing the matter any more. Come tomorrow morning, you can either give us the scrolls and deduct it from whatever it is you were going to pay us, or else we can ram the door down. Or you can ask us to leave. And for the record, I'm not even doing this for the money! I'm doing this because you said you needed our help!" she says, her frustration boiling over. "Fine. Okay," she adds, calming down somewhat. "I'll be taking a room upstairs, and I'll be reading for the rest of the evening. I'll see you tomorrow morning." She heads toward the stairs.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 12/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +5
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 2/7
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 0/3
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person, Shield, Detect Secret Doors

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+2, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+4, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[section]
Qalabash sighs deeply.

"Simple, indeed," he mutters. "The fees your townsfolk are charging us for the supplies we need to do the job within the limitations set upon us by yourselves exceeds the reward we have been given. It is even more simple than the three choices my comrade has given. In fact, there are only two as I am not leaving until I discover the cause of all this. You can provide us the scrolls needed to bypass the door, or we will batter it down. Upon a successful conclusion of this investigation we will gladly accept whatever amount of reward you choose to bestow and in fact, if you choose to give no reward at at, we are still venturing past that door to solve your problem."

Qalabash scratches his head as an idea comes to him. "I suppose there is a third option after all: you could appeal to Venza for aid but it would be days before they could respond. The decision is yours, gentlemen."

[/section]

[sblock=OOC/Actions]--
[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 20 Current HP: 20
CMB: +4 / +6 Trip CMD: 15 / 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, +1 unprepared
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield, +1 unprepared
Special:
Arcane Pool: 2/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"I don't need to throw any more logic and good reasoning at you. They covered it all."
"So?"

[sblock=actions]Bubba:
Mystie: wait
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 23/23, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +4, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Read Magic, Message, Spark, Unwitting Ally (DC 14 Will)
Racial Spells:
Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
1/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
3/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: In right spring loaded wrist sheath, Qalabash's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (19/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 1 Antitoxin
Consumables: 2/6 days trail rations, 2/6 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 0 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action, Mystie and Jonas used
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5, Understands Common
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack x2, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 4 16:36 - Kingsholm: Coronet & Cabbage Inn ~

BeardedMan.jpg
SergeantPhelps_zpsf827541e.jpg

Jonas’s exasperated whining over not having gold within minutes after receiving 200 in a reward brought frowns to both Ian and Gran’s expression. They were not impressed as they also had seen a few looted bows that they guessed were from the skeleton archers they had been told of.

Mirra’s tantrum didn’t help matters as she assumed there was a room available after her rudeness. Mystie was ignored completely as the issue had nothing to do with logic.

Qalabash’s more reasonable behavior didn’t soften the annoyance of the two town elders, and it was the gruff dwarf that took the lead.

His voice was flat, “We be simple folk an’ do not appreciate da lies or rudeness. Ya miserly lot appear ta think that we can just demand one o’ our citizens ta give ya all free magic. We are not some hayseed villagers ya city-folk can push around.”

“Tell ya what. Put all the items you recovered in the mausoleum on da table. I bet da bows from da archers be worth sumthin’. An’ give back da reward we juss gave ya.”

“Then I can be payin’ Banjantha for her supplies ta give ya da damned scrolls.”

Mirra stomped upstairs in the inn to find a short hallway with six closed doors. She had no idea which doors led to unoccupied rooms.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Stats:
Code:
Qalabash:   20/20 HP remaining; 
Mirra:      13/16 HP remaining; 
Mystie:     23/23 HP remaining; 
->Bubba:    16/16 HP remaining; 
Jonas:      15/19 HP remaining; (4 damage NL); Poisoned 3 dex dmg

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
  Qalabash: AP 2/4, Spells 1st 1/3
  Mirra:    Bombs 5/7, Extracts 1/3, Intel Mutagen 0/1
  Mystie:   Misfortune, Ch Energy 5/5, SLAs 0/3, Spells 1st 0/6, Bard Perf 3/8
  Jonas:    Jdgmt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/2
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]Ian switched from friendly to indifferent, Gran switched from indifferent to unfriendly because of your lies and attitudes. You are standing there with 1575gp in loot from the skeleton archers while claiming you do not have the gold for the cost of the scrolls. Until you shift Gran’s attitude to indifferent, you will not be able to sell loot at his store.[/sblock]

Remove ads