• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Barrow of the Forgotten King

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"See! I told you. They put the town right in the middle of the road. If the town wasn't so sparse, we would have to walk around the town just to continue on the road."

Looking at the inn, and then at the sun, and then back at the inn, "Well, visiting a graveyard just before sunset is a bad idea. At least I heard it was a bad idea. Things that like to walk when they shouldn't like to do that in the dark. Getting some food and sleep might be a good thing before we start searching. And this way, we can learn what stories they tell visitors."

"So, to the inn?"

[sblock=actions]talking[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: In right spring loaded wrist sheath, Qalabash's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires,2 Antitoxins
Consumables: 6/6 days trail rations, 6/6 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16
.......... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack x2, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas looks around curiously as the small group approaches the town. Once there, he completely agrees with Mystie's assessment of the situation. "I expect it'll be dark where we're going anyway, but I believe you're correct Ms. Thistledew. And maybe Mirra can find a game there in which to further test her thoughts about the pack nature of gamblers . . . just so long as she doesn't get us run out of town." There's definite humor in the big man's voice, and he winks at Mirra as he speaks.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Walkin' & Talkin'[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash looks around as the group walks into Kingsholm and towards the Coronet and Cabbage Inn.

"Excellent suggestion, Miss Thissiledew! Who knows what sort of restless spirits wander the graveyard at night? Though in the Pell restless spirits tend to wander all the time and not just at night. But if the spirits here are sun averse then having a hot meal and a comfortable bed tonight and proceeding on the morrow seems wisest. So, the inn it is!" One brow quirks as he looks at the inn's sign. "I have never understood the strange propensity you have for oddly named inn and tavern signs here in the Baronies. I suppose some king slept here and ate cabbage under this roof, or some such tale of local mythical importance? Surely the innkeeper will gladly inform us of the brush with greatness his ancestor experienced. To the inn!"

[sblock=OOC/Actions]--[/sblock]

. . . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 4 15:35: Coronet and Cabbage Inn ~

The inn is fairly typical, a small stable around to the side for mounts and a pleasant enough common room right there when you walk in the door. There is a stairs off the common room that likely leads to the guest sleeping rooms. The kitchen is probably through the door way around the side of the bar counter.
Tavern-Small.jpg

This time of day, there are only a few patrons in common room and the only barmaid is not very busy. She offers a table and takes orders for drinks if you want them. The kitchen is not serving food yet as the supper meal is still being prepared in the kitchen. There is a young stable boy running around the inn somewhere and she will call him if needed.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Mirra:      08/08 HP remaining:
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
->Bubba:    16/16 HP remaining;
Jonas:      13/13 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
  Qalabash: AP 0/4, Spells 1st 0/4
  Mirra:    Bombs 0/6, Extracts 0/2
  Mystie:   Misfortune, Ch Energy 0/5, SLAs 0/3, Spells 1st 0/4
  Jonas:    Jdgmt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/2
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas nods pleasantly at the young woman, and lowers his big frame carefully into a chair at the table to which he's led. "A small ale for me, m'lady."
[/section]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer

[section]
Qalabash takes a chair at the table with Jonas. He leans back and sighs obviously enjoying the comfort of furniture once again as he takes a good look around the inn. He is more interested in chatting with the barmaid and ordering a beer than examining the room or its occupants and soon turns his attention to the barmaid.

"I concur with Master Psalter in that a drink would be just the thing at this moment. Please, if you would be so kind to a weary traveler, bring a beer for me. Something dark and stout, if you please." He turns his attention to his traveling companions and waits as they make their own orders. "So, we are in Kingsholm and the famous Coronet and Cabbage Inn. A beer now, a bit of meat later when it is ready... A minstrel singing for his supper later would be splendid entertainment. I hope I am not disappointed."
[/section][sblock=OOC/Actions]Perception (1d20-1=5)[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1

Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
When the barmaid comes around, "Hello dear. I would like a glass of wine and some fruit please."
While Bubba is calm and quiet sitting on the floor next to Mystie's chair, Mystie still keeps a hand on his collar just in case.

"And, could you tell us what there is that is interesting to see in this fair city? Anything grand or small? He likes the grand stuff."
pointing to Jonas. "Small stuff is fine for me." she says with a giggle. "This is my first time here. Grandma always said traveling isn't just walking, it is smelling the roses too."

[sblock=actions]Diplomacy to gather information: 1D20+11 = [2]+11 = 13 :.-(
Misfortune Reroll my Diplomacy to gather information: 1D20+11 = [5]+11 = 16 only a little better :blush:
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: In right spring loaded wrist sheath, Qalabash's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires,2 Antitoxins
Consumables: 6/6 days trail rations, 6/6 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
..................................Mystie's used.
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16
.......... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack x2, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

Mirra sniffs at her armor before entering. "The smell has subsided, right? It's hard for me to tell sometimes." Satisfied that is has, she walks into the inn and looks around. "A distinct lack of dominance/submission activities! Does this mean this town has a more rational, possibly even non-hierarchical social structure? Perhaps Oh, I'm sorry!" she says, finally noticing the barmaid. "What teas do you have? And brandies. And bitters. Oh, and any local wines? I'll have one of each," she finishes, shrugging out of her pack and settling down with her notebook and an inkpen.

[sblock=OOC]Mostly back, but might be slow posting for the next few days.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer

[section]
Qalabash arches an eyebrow when Mirra makes her order of a multitude of drinks. He clearly looks skeptical of the woman's ability to down so much alcohol.

"That is an astounding amount of drink. I recall that you had a large number of glasses before you when we were in the Dunn Wright Inn. I assumed at the time that they were drinks from others around but... ah, an astounding number." Qalabash shrugs. "But then what else have we to do until the morrow, eh?"
[/section][sblock=OOC/Actions]--[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1

Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
Special:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 4 15:50 - Coronet and Cabbage Inn ~

ServingWoman.jpg

The barmaid has some tea, wines, mead, and ales. She brings around some apples for a snack. She mentions the large graveyard with its mausoleum, but highlights the most notable feature of the graveyard is the statue of some forgotten king from ancient times that lies a little over a mile north of the town, high up in the hills. She provides directions on how to find it.

BeardedMan.jpg
Ireena_zpsf7aa8e40.jpg
SergeantPhelps_zpsf827541e.jpg

As you relax with your refreshments in the Coronet and Cabbage Inn, a commotion arises from the back room. The large innkeeper, a woman dressed in the uniform of a town guard, and a prosperous-looking dwarf stride through the doorway and into the common room.

Unswervingly, the innkeeper walks up to your table, "Are you mercenaries?" the big man asks. He glares at you with dark eyes as if challenging you to deny it. "Are you adventurers? We need brave and capable folk, right now, and we're willing to pay!"

All three are rather impatient and troubled from the set of their expressions.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Mirra:      08/08 HP remaining:
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
->Bubba:    16/16 HP remaining;
Jonas:      13/13 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
  Qalabash: AP 0/4, Spells 1st 0/4
  Mirra:    Bombs 0/6, Extracts 0/2
  Mystie:   Misfortune, Ch Energy 0/5, SLAs 0/3, Spells 1st 0/4