• NOW LIVE! -- One-Page Adventures for D&D 5th Edition on Kickstarter! A booklet of colourful one-page adventures for D&D 5th Edition ranging from levels 1-9 and designed for a single session of play.
log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] Beggar's Belief

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Delve once again into the torrential onslaught of adventure that is living EnWorld! As another hapless party of adventurers attempt to survive the evil machination of the nefarious Aldern Foxglove! Will the devious devil of a DM add to his tally of scalps, or will the heroes prevail?!

Judge: To be determined.
DM: Aldern Foxglove

Heroes:
Ariel Esimae: Human 1st Level Cleric
Fester: Aasimar 1st Level Blight Druid
Megan Fairchild: Half Elf 1st Level Rogue
The Venza Guardian: Human 1st Level Fighter

This post will keep track of treasure and XP earned, the next will start the adventure.

[sblock=XP]
Encounter 1: Pesh Pushers = 202 XP each
Encounter 2: Pesh Lab = 300 XP each (200 XP added due to increased difficulty of previous encounTer because of Pesh)

Code:
      Ariel Esimae: 502 XP
            Fester: 502 XP
   Megan Fairchild: 502 XP
The Venza Guardian: 502 XP
[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure]
Encounter 1 and 2
Code:
Total Value = 1529gp and 4cp
Individual Share = 382gp and 2sp 6cp

Shipelli

MW Studded Leather Armor (small) 175gp, Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 4 
200gp, Formula Book 200gp, Alchemist's Fire x 2 40gp, Antitoxin 50gp,  
Alchemical Grease x 3 15gp, 7gp

Danthro

MW Aklys 305gp, MW Chainshirt 250gp, Pesh x 2 40gp, 4cp.

Pesh Addicts

Club x 5, Studded Leather Armor x 5 125gp, Dagger x 10 20gp, 
Pesh x 5 100gp         

Sack
Pesh x 5 100gp
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Rules]

  • In combat you must post your action within 24 hours of your turn coming up. If 24 hours pass then you are considered to be delaying and will be moved down the initiative order, this may happen multiple times. However, it will be relaxed slightly over the holiday period.

  • You may post actions out of initiative order if you are reasonably sure nothing up before your turn will effect your actions, your actions will still take place on your initiative count. If your actions are invalidated you will be expected to post a new set.

  • If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post.

  • If your character gets enough XP to level they may do so immediately. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Follow me, I've got a little boat we can uses, she don't look like much, but she's water tight and will do the job. Now for those of you as didn't hear before I'll tell you a little about the creature hounding me... It's a Leprechaun, now I know that conjures up images of friendly little fellows in green suits, but don't you believe it. The creature can be invisible at will and uses illusions all the time, for the last few years The Copper Eels - that was the name of my old adventuring party - have not been able to believe their own eyes. One of my former comrades was framed for murder and the other two committed suicide. I've lost everything and been reduced to the wretched state you see me in now..." He rasps as he hobbles out of the tavern and down the dock.

"I just want to be rid of the creature. Yes we took its treasure, nearly a decade ago, but that's what adventurers do. We took the treasure after we were attacked and thought nothing more of it. But then he came after us - calls himself Stump - and he's taken far more back from us over the years. But now I've managed to find his lair it's on the Vega Island, the one with that burnt out old mansion that they can't decide who the rightful owners is - arguing with lawyers and judges and the like no doubt. Or rather its underneath it, in the cellars and that." Knesh continues as he leads you to a disreputable looking old rowboat, oft patched and grimy, but floating well enough.
 
Last edited:

VVilhem

First Post
Megan hops into the boat.

"You coming with us to the island old man? And what do you want us to bring back as proof that Stump is taken care of?"

OOC: I assume Vega Island and the old mansion is fairely well known w/out us needing to ask for directions?
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Oh I'm coming with you, I won't go down but I'll stay with the boat make sure you've got a way back. Besides I won't believe he's dead until I've given the body a good prod, he's fooled me before, let me think I was free for a whole month..." Knesh says, clambering into the boat.

[sblock=Vega Island]
You can knowledge local on it, but its not really common Knowledge so you will need ranks. Knesh is going to guide you there so no need to roll for location.[/sblock]

[sblock=VVilhem]Can you please put OOC comments in either sblocks or ooc blocks? Just looks neater to me. To do so type [ sblock=Topic ]Blahblahbla Yakkityshmakity[ /sblock ] without the spaces at the beginning and end of the brackets, or [ ooc ] Something short. [ /ooc ].[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

VVilhem

First Post
[sblock=OOC]This is the part where I wished I had invested in some knowledges. Oh well...[/sblock]

"Let's go then!" Megan turns to her companions, "You guys coming?"
 
Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel makes her way slowly towards the dock to meet up with the others at the boat. Having taken time to change into armor she is running late, but expects that a few extra moments won't make a difference.

With her heavy load she is not too keen on running, she will arrive when she arrives.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 9 Current: 9
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 3/3[/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae
 

fggs02

First Post
Fester quietly observes his new companions and decides that he is in good company. He glances at Ariel and says:

It is great to have an expert in spiritual matters on an expedition like this one.

Fester then attemps to regale his companions on what if anything he knows about Leperchauns. Their habits, offensive/defensive characteristics, etc.

[sblock=out of town]Unfortunately, I will be out of town next week for three days, but I should be back by Friday.[/sblock]

[sblock=Know Direction] After Fester ends his briefing on Lepercauns, he will cast know direction to ascertain what direction the boat is moving in just out of curiousity.[/sblock]

[sblock=Guidance] When they arrive on Vega Island, Fester intends to spam Guidance on his companions and himself. Except for when combat breaks out.[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Ariel has her thumbs hitched into the straps of her backpack as she plods along, the scale plates of her armor clinking and scraping as she arrives at the dock.

"May Her blessings be upon you. I am not sure how much spiritual knowledge I can teach, as the Goddess of Justice is more of a martial order. We believe in defending the innocent and helpless."

She offers her hand, "I am Ariel Esimae. You are?"

After an introduction with Fester she will look to the half-elven Megan and the masked Guardian to see if they will be polite or not.
[sblock=OOC]If we are playing that way on the Guidance Orisons, Ariel can split the load or spam Resistance Orisons.

BTW, Walking Dad doesn't post on weekends.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 9 Current: 9
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 3/3[/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Fester finds he can recall nothing of note about Leprechauns, certainly nothing beyond what Knesh has told him.

Once everyone is aboard the beggar unties a frayed rope and begins to row towards the Roses districts. Eventually he turns into a wide channel between the two upper class districts and rows for another five minutes until a small Island comes into sight. It rises some ten feet from the water and there is a large burnt out structure atop it, clearly once a large mansion with outbuildings. Now it merely a charred ruin with nothing of its roof left intact and most of the walls tumbled down to strew the Island with rubble.

Knesh rows up and pulls into a stretch of rocky shoreline. As you approach you see fins slicing lazily through the water all around the Island. But nothing approaches to bother the boat and Knesh is able to get the boat up onto a shallow ledge where getting out will barely get your boots wet.

"Well here is where I leave you, you should find a heavy reinforced trapdoor he's holing up somewhere down there. Please, please, don't let him bamboozle you remember he is a master of deception."
The beggar pleads.

[SBLOCK=feggs02]
No problem always cool if you let me know in advance, try to knock up a basic guide as to how you would like me to NPC Fester in combat if you would.[/sblock]
 

VVilhem

First Post
"Ariel Esimae? I am Megan Fairchild. Hope we survive long enough to really get to known each other." The half-elf sticks out her hand and shakes the assimar's. "You mentioned that you worship the Goddess of Justice, would she be one of the Venzan gods?"

As the island slowly comes into view, Megan asks her companions, "I can stealth ahead and act as a scout. What do you guys think?"

 


fggs02

First Post
[sblock=Ariel] Since Resistance and Guidance stack, lets go ahead and spam both of them. We can exclude the rogue when she is out of range doing her scouting. This tactic may spoil an element of surprise, but I dont think there will be much of an opportuity for getting the drop on the Lepercaun at least.[/sblock]

Fester turns to Megan and relipes:

By all means Megan, take a look around. Perhaps we could stand outside the ruins and wait for her to come back. At the first sign of trouble just give us a shout.


OOC: If everyone agrees to wait outside, then Fester will carefully observe his surroundings in between castings of Guidance while they wait for Megan to return.


OOC: By the Way that dice roll is my perception check
 
Last edited:


Aldern Foxglove

First Post
The Vega Mansion is an utter ruin, with few walls of what was once obviously a multi-storied building extending past ground floor level now, everything is blackened with years old char.

OOC: Perception checks please.
 



perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

--- Back at the dock ---

Ariel acknowledges Morgan's greeting and answers, "She is not a patron deity of Venza, but is more well known in the countryside."

She hands her pack to one of the others on board as she climbs in, taking it back once she is settled. She stays low in the boat, since she doesn't think she can swim very well in her armor and would rather not try.


--- At Vega Island ---

Ariel stays near the boat landing, not being very stealthy. Looking around she is alert with her shield on her arm and a javelin in hand.

Perception (1d20+5=25)

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 9 Current: 9
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Javelin

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 3/3[/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
The keen eared party members hear a numbers of curses, followed by running feet approaching them from around the corner.

[sblock=OOC]Right if we could hold in place for a bit folks, I need to have a chat with WD before we progress.[/sblock]
 

VVilhem

First Post
Hearing the approaching noise, Megan quickly hides herself in the nearby shrubbery.

OOC: Can I use the Stealth roll that I rolled earlier?
 

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
[sblock=VVilhem]Sure, we will just assume you were moving stealthily forward through the bushes and pause upon hearing the noise. That's fine.[/sblock]
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top