• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Daggers at Midnight

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari follows Garnet's gaze. "Good thinking, Garnet. We might place one of ours on the roof. At the very least, we'll need to make sure none of theirs are up there!"

Shayuri

First Post
Maia peers upwards as well. "But won't they want people there too? Maybe we should have more than one. I would find it hard to climb, I think...but I'd be willing to try."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"We should have a second person on the roof," agrees Garnet. She looks a moment at Heinrich, then to Ausk. "Ausk, I could give you the spear," she proposes, pointing to the long spear on her back. "You could reach the alley, then, and also help Maia if enemies make their own way onto the roof."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The eaves overhang the side alley by about 18 inches and will pose a consider challenge to your climbing experts. The roofs overlooking the side alley are about 20 feet up in the air. From the ground, you cannot tell if they will support weight or not.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Let's go back to the Chapter House," Garnet suggests. "We can wait there and come back about an hour before the meeting, and perhaps the church will lend us a ladder."

mfloyd3

Explorer
OOC: OK, if we do this a piece at a time we will have someone on the roof by next Easter. At the risk of handwaving, PM, could we take it as read that we manage to buy a ladder and get it into the alley with a reasonable degree of discretion (it's a busy city, people carry equipment through all the time)? Docking the cost of the ladder from party treasury?

Other than that, it's only a question of whether we want to try to get people onto the roof of the Blue Ox without the bartender knowing (presumably Stealth), or whether we want to send Maia and her kickass Diplomacy skills inside to make the request. I favor the latter, because 1) We have no stealthy people, and 2) It promises to be hilarious. Also, the meeting is during daylight hours, so our people will be on the roof of the building in broad daylight, which could prompt questions. And I think the bartender might be willing to rent us the use of his roof for the night, if we promise to cover any damages.

Discussion?

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Hee, I apologize for my part in the slowdown...I'd love to take charge, but it would be pretty seriously out of character. For what it's worth, I'm fine with handwaving as needed, or, if decided, promise not to get bogged down in posting time as far as RP'ing with the innkeeper for use of his roof. I'm fine either way.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads