• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Don't Let It Go!

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yosephus was on deck with the others, looking over the gunwale at the frozen port.

“Hmm, with all this snow and ice, I might need to prepare some spells to help stave off the cold. I would be fine myself, I have a natural resistance to cold.”

“I am sure the crew can use the dinghy to get us to the ice or to the shore elsewhere. At least we need not worry about the Dock Master coming up the gangplank to search for Hans being aboard.”

The assimar cleric did not specific his preference on how they would attempt to get ashore, leaving that decision up to the others.

[sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 19 (10 flat-footed, 19 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Silence, Cure Moderate Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock][sblock=GM Note]Tailspinner’s absence is concerning, particularly since he DMs three games that I am in outside of LPF. So I am hopeful he will return even if it is after summer in over.

Meantime, I will NPC Yosephus so we can continue on. You probably want the Cleric along. ;) [/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Continuing to look out over the frozen harbor, Charity nods. "Yes, the less we have to risk, the better. I'm starting to like the idea of using the boat to get to shore more and more. Everyone make sure you take all your cold weather supplies with you, getting back to the ship is going to be difficult, particularly on short notice." Green eyes wandering over the group, she adds, "I doubt too many of us are resistant to this type of cold besides Yosephus, so let's play it smart. Also keep in mind the moment we step in that little boat, we are on. We will need everyone fully in character by the time we can potential be observed, even if only from a distance."

Silence falls over the young guard as she returns her gaze to the shore, seemingly concentrating on something. She twirls a long, red lock around her finger for a while before finally putting on her gloves.

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 20/18 (19/17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
(Use second AC value when shieldless)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +7 CMD: 18

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +10 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 8/8
Channel Energy remaining: 7/7
Spells remaining: Lesser Restoration (x2)
Smite remaining: 1/1
Divine Bond remaining: 1/1

Current Item(s) in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

Aishe passes the weeks on board watching the sailors with interest . . . watching everyone with interest, really. She listens to conversations, working to pick up dialects, and languages where one is spoken that she does not already know. She observes sailing techniques, even going so far as to clamber around the rigging where the sailors will allow.
retre
As they approach the port and the ship becomes ice-locked, she retreats below deck to follow the others' lead and change into her cold weather gear. Back on deck, she watches and listens to Charity as the redhead lays out their situation, nodding in agreement. "Aye, best to be in character as much as we can. Lest chance of a slip-up with more practice. Everyone ready to start in earnest, then?"

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 38/38
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +07
CMB: +06 CMD: 19
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 19, mid-afternoon: Ashore Yarendel ~

Yosephus was ready to go as well and informed Hans that the four of you wanted to be put ashore in the ship’s dinghy.

Hans%20Mancini_zpshu2f7gcu.jpg

The merchant made the arrangements and wished you the best of luck, “I will have them try to get you out on that frozen ice there so you can walk the rest of the way to the piers. Being this far out, we can remain at anchor and have less chance of worrying about being boarded and searched. The lookouts will keep a watch for you. Just wave this yellow scarf to signal you want us to send back the dinghy.” He handed you his silk scarf.

The ship anchored several yards from the nearest ice and the sailors lowered the dinghy into the icy water. The air was bitter cold and you all were careful to not slip off the rope cargo netting being used to climb down the side of the ship into the small boat. It was starting to snow, but only light flurries at the moment.

A pair of sailors did the work and several minutes later you were ashore, climbing upon the nearest pier while the dinghy returned back at the ship.

The piers extended around both ends of the harbor making a horseshoe shape with a snow covered street to connect all of the piers. The warehouses lined the street on both ends of the horseshoe’s sides, but the middle was absent of piers and contained the wide boulevard that let straight to the castle built upon the rising foothill of a snow covered mountain behind it. The boulevard appeared to contain shops and taverns on either side, leading the way to the gates of the castle nearly a half of a mile away. Homes and other business were probably in the blocks behind. The snow on the streets was packed down from foot traffic.

There was no sign of any harbor officials, but the streets were only occupied by a few bundled up pedestrians that were braving the cold weather. There was a patrol of Guards (based on their official looking livery) making their rounds at the foot of the boulevard near a 30 foot statue of man that was likely a former king.

Now that you had arrived, you needed to decide where to go next.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining;
Yosephus:  26/26 HP remaining;
Devlin:    26/26 HP remaining;
->Pony:    13/13 HP remaining;
Jaelle:    38/38 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Charity:  Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Chan Erg 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/6,  Reb Death 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorrupt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3
   Devlin:   Bombs 0/7, Mutagen 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/4
   Jaelle:   None
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Once the business of getting out of the boat and up onto the pier has been taken care of, the flame-haired Venzan takes time to survey the surroundings. In a rather assertive tone, she observes, "This weather is rather odd, now isn't it? What do you make of it, boss?" She looks to Devlin, and lowers her voice to the point that only someone right amongst the group would hear, "I'm guessing we will want to avoid any unnecessary contact with those guards, and find a location where questions can be asked without rousing suspicion, such as a tavern."

That said, Charity looks to the establishments that line the road to find a likely place. Her clear alto voice cuts through the cold air as she reverts to her outdoors voice. "I wonder which of these places is the better eatery?" she asks. With that, she turns back to the group.

Current Conditions in Effect: none

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

Devlin shakes off his winter coat as they exit from the dingy onto the dock. Taking a look at the scene around them, he is very impressed by the amount of snow falling. "I have never seen so much snow in my life!" As they walk down the street, Devlin looks at the people around them. Hearing Charity's advice, he nods and makes his way over to one of the many locals walking along the street. "Excuse me good citizen, would it be possible to find a suitable place to settle away from this cold. You see my compatriots and I have traveled a long ways and we are not used to this cold as of yet and would like a nice play to get warm and have a fresh meal. Could you point us to the nearest Tavern and Inn so that we may procure rooms?" Devlin attempts to speak in as merchantly of a manner as he can as he talks with the people he hopes can guide him to a suitable place.

[sblock=Molly] Needed to check if Molly was able to be brought ashore with us. If so Im gonna have to get her some stables as well (which can be thrown in there as well on the asking for an Inn part if thats good. If not I let the sailors know to take good care of her until my return please. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: Cure Light Wound. 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

Aishe looks around curiously through the ride to the ice flow and the walk across the sheets to the pier. Once there, she holds up a hand to stall the others and hops up to the pier ahead of them. She looks around cautiously as she advances a step, then gives a nod to Devlin to indicate he should come up as well. The dark skinned girl does not speak as Charity and Devlin do their song and dance, simply attempting to look the part of a competent bodyguard.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 38/38
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +07
CMB: +06 CMD: 19
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yosephus walked beside Devlin, pretending to be his bodyguard.

Even in his warm clothes, it was still a bit chilly. "Yes, a nice warm inn," he added to the halfling. The cleric stayed focused and looked serious while waiting for the reply from the guard.

~ Written by LMiller​
[sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 19 (10 flat-footed, 19 touch)
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Channel Energy: 6/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds (Domain)
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration, Silence, Cure Moderate Wounds (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock][sblock=GM Note]I will occasionally have LMiller borrow my account to ghost write for Yosephus. He really wants to go through this scenario, but doesn't have his own account.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 19, mid-afternoon: Ashore Yarendel ~

The man hustling about his business probably could have agreed more as he appeared to be cold as well. He directed you towards the main boulevard that lead straight to the castle. "There be a number of places along that street, not too far."

He hustled off on his way.

Winter%20Guard%203_zpsbzacv3fp.png
Winter%20Guard%201_zpsjykpwvec.png
Winter%20Guard%202_zpsadqgfvsd.png

The guard patrol was watching with taciturn expressions, probably not liking the biting cold more that you or anyone else. But they were dressed for it. You would have to go near them on the way to the closest taverns and inns.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining;
Yosephus:  26/26 HP remaining;
Devlin:    26/26 HP remaining;
->Pony:    13/13 HP remaining;
Jaelle:    38/38 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Charity:  Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Chan Erg 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/6,  Reb Death 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorrupt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3
   Devlin:   Bombs 0/7, Mutagen 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/4
   Jaelle:   None
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock] [sblock=Molly]Sorry, getting Molly ashore would be a more serious undertaking with booms and hoists. Much easier done pier side. She can stay aboard for now.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
After the short encounter with one of the local populace, Charity points to one of the closer eateries. "Hunh. I guess that one looks ok to me." She shrugs and steps towards the broad, snow covered street where the restaurants are all located. A shiver runs up her spine as the wind gusts, and the young Venzan looks back at the harbor from whence the gust came, then focuses forward again.

[sblock=Lucerne Hammer]Charity is using a one arm carrying hold on her pole-arm and not being threatening with it in any way... past it's mere existence, anyway.[/sblock]

Current Conditions in Effect: Cold Weather Clothing

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads