• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Don't Let It Go!

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 3, Noon: Hans's Ship ~

Hans%20Mancini_zpshu2f7gcu.jpg

Hans looked to Charity with a puzzled expression, “What sort of information are you looking for regarding expectations of merchants visiting Yarendel?”

“By that plan, I assume you would be expecting this ship to pull into port and tie up pierside if possible. You could expect to be met by a port official at least.”

“But I will have to remain out of sight since anyone could easily recognize me and I have been banished.”

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining;
Yosephus:  26/26 HP remaining;
Devlin:    26/26 HP remaining;
->Pony:    13/13 HP remaining;
Jaelle:    38/38 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Charity:  Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 0/6, Chan Erg 0/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/6,  Reb Death 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorrupt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3
   Devlin:   Bombs 0/7, Mutagen 0/1, Extracts 1st 0/4
   Jaelle:   None
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Soooo. We broke down about halfway to our destination, at 12:30 this morning. After several adventures with hotels, towing services and mechanics last night and this AM, I'm at the shop with the car and crossed fingers that it's a hose and not the radiator. Will post more when I can get a few higher priority items squared away ;).[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

Devlin scratches his head for a moment considering the question. "Hmm...yes it would look more genuine if we were to pull into port. Do you think the dockmaster would search the ship? If not then you can just stay hidden until we disembark." He looks to Charity," I am not much of a people person, but I feel I could pull off and overly intelligent merchant coming into the town in search of items to trade and sell. I am not the most savey when it comes to matters of the world, but maybe I could fake it long enough for us to get into the city and get settled in and have them forget about us a bit before we go rummaging around looking for clues and information." Devlin pulls out his book and gets ready to write down the information he will need. "So Mr. Hans, what would I need to know to be able to pull off this charade and pass as some sort of merchant type?"

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: Cure Light Wound. 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Charity smiles graciously as Devlin begins to assemble his role in the mission. Looking back to Hans, she takes a moment to elaborate, "As much as the deception pains me, it seems preferable to the sort of bloodshed a misstep on our part could result in. Even my mother would attest to that. This said, we should be interested in the sorts of questions Devin is likely to be asked, and what the expectations of any port official is likely to have. I suspect once we are loose in the general populace it won't be quite as much an issue."

[sblock=Slowed down players]Looks like both Mowgli and Tailspinner are having RL issues, now. Hope things get better for both of you soon![/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 20/18 (19/17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
(Use second AC value when shieldless)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +7 CMD: 18

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +10 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 8/8
Channel Energy remaining: 7/7
Spells remaining: Lesser Restoration (x2)
Smite remaining: 1/1
Divine Bond remaining: 1/1

Current Item(s) in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 3, Noon: Hans's Ship ~

Hans's brow furrowed as he considered the question about the ship being searched for a few moments. "Hmmm..."

"I am pretty sure the Harbor Master would recognize the ship, and the sailing master is from Yarendel. However, you can not expect the Ship's Master to lie. The man is too honest and he would never be believed."

"But if the Harbor Master can be persuaded with the right story and is not suspicious, then I don't think he would have cause to search the ship."

"If their have been new edicts regarding ships pulling into port..."
He shook his head ruefully as he did not know the answer to that question.

"As for what information you need to pass yourself as merchant that is easy. You need to dress the part and know your business and product. A good story should be enough to sell it. If there are no new requirements, you will need to pay a docking fee and there will be tariffs on any goods being imported."

"The Harbor Master is not above being flattered, but he was not so corrupt that he always needed to be bribed either. That could have changed in the time I have been away, particularly if business all around has suffered."

Party Status:
Code:

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
   Yosephus: Chan Erg 0/6,  Reb Death 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorrupt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aishe Luminitse (Jaelle Nuri)
[section]

"Well then, it sounds as though we've the beginnings of a solid plan, hey? I could look the part of either a bodyguard or a body servant. My weapons are easily squirreled away, and it might be best were one of us beneath notice and underestimated."

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Taking 10 on Disguise Checks (for a 27).[/sblock]

Initiative: +03
AC: 17 (13 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 38/38
Senses: DarkVision (120’), Low-Light Vision Perception: +07
CMB: +06 CMD: 19
Fort: +05 Reflex: +07 Will: +01
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Nodding several times as Hans lays out what he knows, Charity adds, "Well, there are things we just don't know, and the possibilities are endless. It's not your fault for not knowing everything, Hans." Smiling gently, the redhead adds, "In fact, the information you've already given us has helped form a basic plan. However, at one point or another, it comes down to improvisation--you just can go further with some pre-planning. As for me, much of my regular clothing bears the marks of Cortesia one way or another, as I've virtually lived at the Cathedral for much of my life. However, the two new outfits I bought for cold weather are unmarked, and the addition of armor and weaponry says 'mercenary warrior' as much as anything. I think I can look the part."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 19, mid-afternoon: Hans's Ship ~

With the discussion appearing to coming to a solution and plan, Hans raised his wine goblet in salute, “Well, let us raise your glasses in toast. Here’s to a successful landing and venture. May you succeed.”

He downed the rest of his wine.

“We shall be arriving in port then in about two to two and half weeks, depending on the winds.”

The dinner was passed with idle conversation.

The voyage to Yarendel was a routine voyage, the weather pleasant enough for summer on the ocean. When you got closer to the island kingdom, the weather did not grow colder, but it was overcast… it was almost ominous of your arrival.

Upon seeing the white covered land mass of the mountainous island, the temperature appeared to drop. Though it might have only been your imagination at seeing the dreary and cold looking place up ahead.

However, it did get colder trying to sail into port. The ships pier side looked to be ice covered and the entire harbor was frozen over, locking them in place. It looked to be impossible to bring your ship all the way in to tie up at the docks.

Party Status:
Code:

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

As their arrival becomes more imminent, Devlin begins to put the plan into play. As the captain lets them know that they are coming closer to the island, he dons his winter clothes, puts the final touches on his alchemical necessities, and puts on his backpack. As they arrive within viewing distance, he notices they are unable to go much farther due to the build up of ice. "Hmm, well this does present a bit of a problem doesn't it." He looks to Molly and back at the ice covered fjord they have attempted to enter. "I wonder if you would be able to cross this Molly." He looks to the others. "What shall we do about this mess? The ice looks fairly solid. Should we risk crossing the rest of the way on foot?"

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 7/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: Cure Light Wound. 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
As the temperature began to drop, Charity was not to be seen on deck. However, not too long after she showed up from her cabin, dressed out in some particularly warm clothing. "I'm sure it gets colder as he get closer, but this," the redhead takes a deep breath of the cool air, "this... is almost nice. But, how to make it to shore. Perhaps a few of the crew could operate the launch for it. Perhaps we can find our way through the ice with a smaller footprint."

With that, Charity leans onto the railing, intently studying the snow-covered island. "Amazing...." she utters, under her breath, as it becomes increasingly obvious it truly seems like winter for the little island-nation.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads