• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

Systole

First Post
With the crabs dead, Eanos is able to examine the shiny item in the crevice while Heinrich keeps a close eye on the lagoon. While there is more movement under the water, but nothing surfaces immediately. Eanos takes a minute to fish the item out, and finds it to be a small piece of jewelry. At the moment he has it in hand, Heinrich shouts a warning and two more of the creatures surface. Stirrings in the water suggest that even more are close behind -- the lagoon must be extremely deep.

Deciding teleportation to be the better part of valor, Eanos grabs the wizard's hand. The two of them disappear and reappear in the boat, causing it to wobble for a moment. "Sit or ye'll go into the drink!" Gemma says. The old woman steadies the boat and then begins rowing quickly for shore.

Eanos is able to clean some of the muck from the piece of jewelry. It's an earring -- an expensive one by the look of it. The earring is finely crafted from white gold and precious stones, set in a rose motif.

fisher2_150.jpg

. . Gemma Moressi . .

[sblock=GM]Before you ask, the earring isn't magical. An Appraise check will tell you more.[/sblock][sblock=Earring]
black-gold-diamond-rose-earring-4.jpg
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien remained braced in the boat with another arrow nocked as the others teleported in. She kep her arrow pointed towards the lagoon as Gemma started pulling on the oars to put some distance between them and danger.

After a few moments, she relaxed the draw on the bow and pu the arrow away in the quiver once again.

She remarked, "Those ugly things were not really what I was expecting. Do you think they were left to guard the location, or just hungry? Did you two learn something while we were there?"

"I hope our trip was not a complete waste of time."
But after seeing the earring being passed to Heinrich, she asked, "Do you supposed that means something?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 72 Current: 69
CMB: +10 CMD: 29(22ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 1/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ja, I suspect das ist much more to learn in lagoon waters. Crabs were probably affected by necromantic energies, STRONG energies, in lagoon waters. Ugly periwinkles on choral too, affected by necromantic as well. It is not a goot place."

**SIGH**

"Our quarry was awoken, but cursed with forgetting a portion of his memory. I can tell by scratches in the rock - they awake the spirit,and only part of the memory. I am sure of this. This earring might mean something to the spirit and if it does, I can use it to scry upon the spirit. Learn more to help us. Ja, the earring is probably unique and important."

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Owe you all," Eanos says to Tyrien, Heinrich, and Gemma once they've started moving. He hands over the earring to Heinrich in exchange for the man's healing wand, and sets about patching the wizard and himself as the fire mage examines the jewelry. His ribs still feel a bit sensitive, but the archer chooses not to use more than a single touch from his own wand for now. As soon as he can, he rejoins Gemma on the oars.

"Heinrich knows scribble magic better'n me," Eanos says as Heinrich shares what he's gleaned from the circle. "Unless someone thought stinky snails were a good deterrent, seems like, yes, whatever happened there left ... taint.

"Think it might be time to circle the wagons and get some rest, though. Or at least get ourselves some private rooms to suss things out. And arrows. Used a lot more of those than I'd planned."

He turns and gives the fishwife a crooked grin. "Imagine Gemma's had more than enough of the uptown madness for quite some time, too, yes? Don't want our trouble rubbing off on you any more."

[sblock=ooc]Eanos is out of Judgement and only has two rounds of Bane left. Don't know how much of Heinrich's resources are burned through at the moment.

He won't talk names in front of Gemma, either, so whether we're actually looking for lodgings, he's looking for someplace they can set up to confab on what they have / don't have.

Plus, like he said, I think he may be getting low on arrows if we're heading into any kind of final skirmish.

Eanos's wand:

CLW charge. (1d8+1=9)

I'm going to let Scott DeWar roll his own heals, so he can decide how many charges he wants to use (or maybe he doesn't want to use any. I don't want to presume).[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil) (Current: 25 w/ DR 2/magic)
HP:68 Current: 60
Senses: Perception 19 (23 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 22/26
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +7 (+9 w/ purity, +10 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +9 (+10 w/ purity, +11 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +11 (+13 w/ purity, +14 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)
* Expeditious Retreat, +30 base speed (70' total move) 9 minutes
* Protection Judgement: +2 Sacred AC
* Justice Judgement: +2 sacred attacks
* Bane: +2 boost to weapon enhance, +2d6 damage

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim
Many Shot: 1st attack of Full attack uses 2 arrows for damage on a hit.

Arrows: 16/31
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 22/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 10/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 0/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/4 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 2/6 remaining
Bane: 2/9 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 7/9 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 75'/90' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (1/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Invisibility Purge, Prayer

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Heinrich nods his head to Gemma and says, "Meister Frau Gemma, thank you for getting us here and out. The spirits were quite, uh, crabby about our intruding. *winks at Eanos at his joke* But serious, there is very not goot in das lagoon. All should stay away until filth magic is cleaned."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien had to agree that taking some time to sort out all they had learned in private was probably a good idea. And taking some time to rest and visit a shop to make some purchases could occupy the rest of the afternoon.

“I have only one spell of my own limited supply remaining as well.”

“I still have plenty of arrows; my quivers holds quite a few. But a few more will not hurt since I tend to shoot quite a lot of them.”

“Gemma, where would you recommend that we spend the night?”
she asked the fisherwoman. Considering who ran the town, she valued the old woman’s opinion more than the old blind man’s.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 72 Current: 69
CMB: +10 CMD: 29(22ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 1/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Gemma nods. "Aye. None of us come out to this reef much on account of it always had a dark feeling to it and precoius little fishing, but I'll let the lads know that it's gone well beyond a dark feeling. I saw ye hunted something up ... was it something of Daug's or Walder's? Or something to do with the business they'd gotten into? If it's uptown business, I needn't know, as you say. But if it's something that might bring closure to their families, I'd want to see it."

She nods. "It shows good sense not to want lodgings Uptown. We can put you up. Won't be fancy, but the beds'll be clean and the food'll be good. And the streets'll be a far sight quieter down here, knock on wood. We can find a place for Harry as well, but I'll tan his hide if there's silverware missing in the morning."

Heinrich examines the earring. It's made out of diamond and platinum, and the gems alone are probably worth a few hundred gold pieces. He doesn't recognize the jeweler's stamp, but he wouldn't be surprised if it came from one of the high-end Venzan crafters that generally only the nobility can afford.

fisher2_150.jpg

. . Gemma Moressi . .

Scott DeWar

Heinrich gives a look to Eanos and Tyrien.
[sblock=the look says . . . ]We need to talk alone soon[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setiav, human inquisitor

"Will be very thankful for whatever digs you can spare," Eanos says regarding lodging, taking his cue from Tyrien. Eanos considers the fishwife's follow up question a moment, then answers.

"Don't know it all yet, I'm afraid," he tells Gemma. "Pretty sure the trouble starts there in the tainted water, but don't know who started it yet. Since your men were coming out to this reef, though, I feel sure they didn't drown on their own.

Until we know who, though, isn't much else to tell. Know the weapon, but don't know who's wielding it, yes?"
he says.

He looks to the others, glancing to Heinrich's hands. He shrugs as if to say Won't hurt to show her, I suppose, but leaves it to the group to decide if he's reached the limit of what they should share.

[sblock=ooc]I don't think he's being dishonest here. He wouldn't think it likely that an fancy earring belonged to one of the men, nor that they'd have it with them out on a job even if it did, though just seeing the thing doesn't seem like granting exclusive information, either. And while things are pointing in a direction, it's not exactly clear who's behind what's going on yet, so he's not holding back any names he knows, either, insofar as fisher business goes. Knowing the name of the undead seems irrelevant to Gemma's specific concerns to Eanos.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF, 25 w/Prot Evil) (Current: 25 w/ DR 2/magic)
HP:68 Current: 60
Senses: Perception 19 (23 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 22/26
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +7 (+9 w/ purity, +10 w/ Prot evil)
Reflex: +9 (+10 w/ purity, +11 w/ Prot evil)
Will: +11 (+13 w/ purity, +14 w/ Prot evil)
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound

Conditions:
* Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed)
* Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim, -4 save vs odor based effects)
* Expeditious Retreat, +30 base speed (70' total move) 9 minutes
* Protection Judgement: +2 Sacred AC
* Justice Judgement: +2 sacred attacks
* Bane: +2 boost to weapon enhance, +2d6 damage

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim
Many Shot: 1st attack of Full attack uses 2 arrows for damage on a hit.

Arrows: 16/31
Blunt Arrows: 16/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 22/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 10/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 0/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/4 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 2/6 remaining
Bane: 2/9 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 7/9 rounds remaining
Dimensional Hop: 75'/90' feet remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 14): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (1/6 remaining)(DC 15): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/5 remaining)(DC 16): Bloodhound, Ghostbane Dirge, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Invisibility Purge, Prayer

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Remove ads