• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Into the Wilds Part 1

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn

Kepli wasn't accustomed to being surrounded by fighting men and it was a struggle not to rush right up the steps in pursuit of Brog and join the melee. Instead she maneuvers her way around so that she can get a good look at the flaming ogre. She suspected it was a trick of some sort and she wanted to find out what. Was it illusion? A dummy? A dead ogre tossed down the steps? She moved over to find out.

[sblock=OOC]No combat action at this time but she'll try to find out about the ogre.
Perception: 1D20+11 = [2]+11 = 13
K nature: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats]
[size=+1]Kepli[/size]
Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.
AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort:
+1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue

Special:

Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used:
Alchemist's Fire 2/2
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 6
CMB: +1 CMD: 7
Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Regar misses badly, but Brog charges forward soon after, avoiding Snorri along the way and cleaving the lead goblin warrior into a bloody mess.

Kepli
[sblock]
The ogre smells of decay, and it looks like it is a worn carcass tied to a wooden frame and hung and pushed on some rail system set up from the ceiling. A lot of effort that would have probably have been better spent on typical pit traps, but then again it could have been quite a bit more deadly for a less cautious party.
[/sblock]

With no one else attacking, the two remaining goblins switch to melee weapons and swing at Brog with crude morningstars, one of which hits.

OOC: Brog is injured and the rest of the party is up. I'll take silence as inaction.

[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

Radaceus

Adventurer
Snorri Ironaxe, Stonelord (Paladin 1)

[section]
As Brog rushes past him , Snorri comes to his senses at the sound of weapons striking, his concern for whether the ogre before him is dead or alive subsiding, he uses the burnt body as a stepping stone to make his way up out of the pit trap and to the top of the stairs. His heart beating out of his chest at the sight of an ancient enemy of his kin, he forms up beside Brog, swinging his waraxe at the nearest goblin with an immense force, guided more by hatred than skill.
[/section]

[sblock=Power Attack]
[roll0] (+2 str, +1 for Hatred, -2 for Power attack)
[roll1] (+2str, +2 PA)
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC] I think I mistook a shallow pit for a deeper one? with Brog needing to avoid me...[/sblock]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Snorri Ironaxe Stonelord (paladin) 1st level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Darkvision 60 ft.
Speed: 20'

AC: 18/22* (touch 11; flat-footed 17/21*) HP: 12/ 12 (*+4 vs giant types)
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +3

Defensive Training: Gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC vs monsters of the giant sub-type.
Hatred: Dwarves gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes
Stonecunning: Dwarves gain a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.

In Hand:Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d10+2, Crit: 20/x3, Slashing
Off Hand:Heavy Wooden Shield: Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Bludgeoning

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

Maenor moves into position to follow the dwarves up the stairs. He hastily conjures another vial of acid and chucks it towards the nearest goblin.
[/section]

[sblock=Action]
Cast Acid Splash:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 4/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: Wakizashi, +4, 1d6+3, 18-20 x2
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Brog Stongheart

Brog just looks at the silly goblin that hit him, looks at the wound, looks back at the goblin, and swings his axe at the creature with a very business-like look on his face.

[sblock=actions]attack; damage: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7
1D10+2 = [4]+2 = 6
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]AC: 15 (Touch 11, Flatfooted 14)
*+4 vs Giants
HP: 9/14 Initiative: +1
Perception : +7 Sense Motive: +8
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
*+4 vs bull-rush, trip when on ground
Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
*+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like abilities
Current Weapon in Hand: dwarven waraxe and shield
Current Conditions in Place:[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
"Gosh Darn the nine Hecks, HOLD STILL, you smelly pine cone sucking, ogre licking, toenail biting mega dick faced, goblins!" Regar yells in irritation. Twice he has missed now and he was getting tired of it. [roll0][roll1]. At this, he began swearing more....

ealt

Explorer
[sblock=DT]
Pretty sure. Acid splash shouldn't do splash damage or anything. This is unless of course you're reading into it too much in which case I would like to clarify the nearest <i>living</i> goblin. :p
[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=DT]
Pretty sure. Acid splash shouldn't do splash damage or anything. This is unless of course you're reading into it too much in which case I would like to clarify the nearest <i>living</i> goblin. :p
[/sblock]

[sblock=DT]Agreed. Acid splash is not the same as "throw a flask of acid to do splash damage". It's JUST a 1 target cantrip. However, maybe DT was thinking about something else we're not thinking about.[/sblock]

Remove ads