log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] No Loitering


log in or register to remove this ad

jkason

First Post
Round 4

Kepli's strike leaves her target swaying, but as with his kins', the orc's massive wound doesn't lay him low as it would other creatures. Erin's vicious slice elicits another bellow of rage which promptly stops as Wilmorn crushes the larger orc's skull. He shudders once, then collapses. Unfortunately, overwhelmed by the effort of her own blow, so does Erin.

Aszar squirms in place a moment. He starts to fix one of the remaining foes with his evil eye, then realizes his powers cannot reach that far. Slithering and inchworming forward at a painfully slow pace, he struggles to come withing range for his remaining powers to be effective.

His commander's body in his way, the northernmost orc slides south, lashing out at the human who killed the clear alpha in their midst. He slips in his leader's blood, however, and the attack goes wide.

Kepli's strike makes her the target of the other wounded orc, who is far more successful. His falchion opens a frightening gash in her side, sending pain shooting through her body as her own blood spatters on the ground.

By then, Aszar has finally struggled himself close enough. The merfolk raises himself high on his tail and points one webbed finger at the orc who drew the aasimar's blood. The air seems to quiver in the space between Aszar and the orc, and the creature shudders, his eyes darting about as if he isn't quite sure where threats are lurking.

CURRENT MAP

[sblock=ooc]I had no idea how completely brain-frying putting this wedding together would be. I'm only just now remembering how to type, I swear.

Kepli's orc falls to 0 and is Disabled / Staggered

The berserker dies a bloody death.

A Disabled character who takes a standard action also takes a point of damage, so Erin falls to below 0 and is now dying. [MENTION=6700202]Anastrace[/MENTION], you'll want to roll a stabilization roll (DC 10, with a -1 penalty for Erin's current HP).

NPC Aszar: full round run to get in Evil Eye range

Orc 3 5' steps and attacks, missing Wilmorn.

Orc 1 5' steps and attacks, hitting Kepli for 7 damage.

Both orcs take 1 damage from staying upright.

PCs up.

NPC Aszar: Evil Eye vs. Orc 1. It fails its will save, so it now has an effective AC of 11 for the next 8 rounds.

Wilmorn 3/12, Str 16/18
Erin -1/8, Prone, Dying, Str 9/12
Siddhartha 2/9, unarmed, Full Defense (AC 22)
Kepli 5/12
Scuttle 6/6
Aszar 8/8
Klot'Kar 3/3
Horsie 15/15

Resources used: Aszar: Sleep, Ill Omen
Kepli: CLW
Erin: Arcane Pool 4 / 5 remain

(all: Dazzled from midday sun, -1 on all attacks)

Berserker: -23/19 HP , Dead
Orc 1: -1/6 HP, AC 11, Dazzled, Staggered, Evil Eye (-2 AC 8/8 rounds)
Orc 2: 6/6 HP, AC 13, Dazzled, Unconscious
Orc 3: -5/6 HP (alive to -12), AC 13, Dazzled, Staggered [/sblock]

I took Aszar's action for the round (Add my well-wishes to improved health, VV!). Rest of the party is up.
 

FrancisJohn

First Post
Siddhartha the Hunter
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 2/9
AC: 18 FF:14 T:14
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3 Initiative: +6
Unarmed: C. Longbow SR2 +5 d8+2
Armed: Longsword +5 d8+4
Arrows: 97/100
Common Modifiers: Deadly Aim -1/+2, Point-Blank +1/+1[/sblock]

The Stormlords seem to favor Siddhartha today. The inner contentment does not show on the warrior's face. He brazenly steps forward towards the jinxed orc. He musters through the pain of his shoulder wound, to deliver the final blow needed to fell the orc.

[sblock=Attack 11, Damage 9]+5 +2 Flanking: 1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11
1D8+4 = [5]+4 = 9
[/sblock]

Map after Siddhartha
 


jkason

First Post
Round 4, mid-round

[sblock=OOC & updated statuses] Actually, that's not quite enough to take out the Evil Eye'd orc. 2 more points, though, so darn close!

Updating statuses below, and also a heads up so you can consider: after this fight, the survivors will finally have enough XP to level! :) So try to stay alive and make the orcs dead, and think about what new and pretty toys you want with your level ups. ;)


Wilmorn 3/12, Str 16/18
Erin -1/8, Prone, Unconscious, Stable, Str 9/12
Siddhartha 2/9
Kepli 5/12
Scuttle 6/6
Aszar 8/8
Klot'Kar 3/3
Horsie 15/15

Resources used: Aszar: Sleep, Ill Omen
Kepli: CLW
Erin: Arcane Pool 4 / 5 remain

(all: Dazzled from midday sun, -1 on all attacks)

Berserker: -23/19 HP , Dead
Orc 1: -10/6 HP, (Alive to -12) AC 11, Dazzled, Staggered, Evil Eye (-2 AC 8/8 rounds)
Orc 2: 6/6 HP, AC 13, Dazzled, Unconscious
Orc 3: -5/6 HP (alive to -12), AC 13, Dazzled, Staggered[/sblock]
 
Last edited:


GlassEye

First Post
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli hurts; she has never felt such pain before. She clamps down on an involuntary scream and the grinding of her teeth can be heard feet away from where she battles the orc. Scuttle, already infuriated, shrieks and dives like a demon-possessed bird at the orc that injured his mistress. Unfortunately, Scuttle's wing catches on the orc's armor and sends the bird spinning. It is only with wild flapping that the bird manages to right himself and not dive into the ground but in doing so, leaves himself open to the orc's attack.

"We have to end this!" It isn't certain who her exclamation was intended for but the feeling is clear: the group is seriously wounded.

Kepli attacks the orc and her spear slides into it as easily as it did a moment ago. And, with the damage done it by Siddhartha, her attack is enough to drop it.

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]No position change for either Kepli or Scuttle

Scuttle's Hover: [roll0]
Scuttle Standard: Aid Another (Attack for Kepli, so +2 to hit if successful): [roll1]

Kepli Move: none
Standard: Shortspear: [roll2] for [roll3]

EDIT: Scuttle missed his hover by 2. Not sure what that means but I think a miss by 5 or more and he would plummet to the ground. I presume his failed hover means he has to move and therefore incurs an AoO.
[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: +10 (+12 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 5
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +5

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance
Special:
Concentration +6
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Alchemist's Fire 2/2 (w/ Aszar)
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 6 Current: 6
CMB: +0 CMD: 6 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +4

In Beak: Nothing
Conditions: None yet
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +4 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Round 4, mid-round

[sblock=ooc]I'm seeing conflicting opinions on falling and AoO. While I might rule differently in actual aerial combat, since Scuttle's only high enough to attack (5'), it seems reasonable to me that his falling should work the same way as someone being tripped, which doesn't provoke except with a special feat. If Scuttle tried to fly back up, I'd allow an AoO for the same reason a prone character provokes. Though, of course, that's moot now.[/sblock]

Scuttle flaps and wavers in the air, and the wild ball of feathers falls to the ground. Still, he manages to aid his mistress, whose blade finishes the work Siddhartha had begun.

One orc remains, menacing the ranger and the tiefling, bleeding and growling against his failing odds.

[sblock=ooc]Wilmorn 3/12, Str 16/18
Erin -1/8, Prone, Stable, Str 9/12
Siddhartha 2/9
Kepli 5/12
Scuttle 6/6
Aszar 8/8
Klot'Kar 3/3
Horsie 15/15

Resources used: Aszar: Sleep, Ill Omen
Kepli: CLW
Erin: Arcane Pool 4 / 5 remain

(all: Dazzled from midday sun, -1 on all attacks)

Berserker: Dead
Orc 1: Dead
Orc 2: 6/6 HP, AC 13, Dazzled, Unconscious
Orc 3: -5/6 HP (alive to -12), AC 13, Dazzled, Staggered [/sblock]

GM: Okay, [MENTION=6780165]grtrtle[/MENTION] , bring it home. Don't forget Siddhartha's giving you a flanking bonus, too. :)


CURRENT MAP
 

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

[sblock=MiniStats][SIZE=+1]Wilmorn[/SIZE] Human Ranger 1
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +2

In Hand: Bardiche
Conditions: Poisoned, reduced strength (-2),
Medium Encumbrance (+3 dex max, -3 ACP, 20' move)
Favored Enemy:
  • Human +2
  • Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival
  • Weapon Attack and Damage
  • May ID creature untrained (look, it's a human!)
Wild Empathy: 1d20-1
Skills:

Acrobatics +7, Handle Animal +2, K(Dungeoneering) +5, K(Geography) +5, K(Nature)+5, Perception +6, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Survival(Track) +7

Notes for this trip:
Chain shirt (equipped; removed studded leather)
[/sblock]

As if the berserker's rage infused Wilmorn, the ranger brings the morningstar around violently, and drives it into the last standing orc. The force of the blow brings the enemy to the ground. Breathing heavily from the exertions of the combat, Wilmorn keeps a tight grip on the weapon as he looks about for another enemy to vanquish.

[sblock=OOC]SA Morningstar attack. 2H. PA -1/+3. Flanking +2.

Morningstar 2H PA with Flanking: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D8+7 = [2]+7 = 9


Yeah team!
[/sblock]
 

FrancisJohn

First Post
Siddhartha the Hunter
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 2/17
AC: 18 FF:14 T:14
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3 Initiative: +6
Unarmed: C. Longbow SR2 +6 d8+2
Armed: Longsword +6 d8+4
Arrows: 97/100
Common Modifiers: Deadly Aim -1/+2, Point-Blank +1/+1[/sblock]

Despite his own pain, he shouts out to Aszar. "Merman, hurry up! Can you help the demon girl?" The witch walks a bit further, and silently acknowledges Siddhartha. He looks at his turtles, then looks back to Erin. He clasps his 'hands' together, and suddenly a iridescent stream of water rushes from Aszar to the tiefling. Aszar nods his head, as her lifeforce generously returns.

Siddhartha makes sure to pick up his bow and then steps over to the sleeping orc. He kicks the creature's weapons away. Raising his sword arm to a towering height, he pauses. "Siddhartha kill?" He looks to his companions for a response, his gaze subconsciously resting on Kepli.

[sblock=Aszar]Not sure if I could take an action for Aszar, well I did. If not, that's cool. Just trying to help things along. :heh:
CLW on Erin: 1D8+1 = [8]+1 = 9
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jkason

First Post
GM: Combat over! Huzzah! Everyone levels to 2 with 1460 XP. Get to updating thos sheets, you'll need it. :devil:

Erin is healed to full by Aszar's healing hex, so she's conscious again. Let me know what you're doing next with all those bloody & sleeping orcs, but for now we're out of rounds.
 

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]It might also be worth your time at this juncture, as you decide how to use your healing resources, to take a peek at that first post and the "treasure" section... ;) [/sblock]
 


jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]The XP the PCs are at as listed in the previous post includes time based XP. You woudn't have hit 2nd level without it. :) Time based gold is only ever awarded at the end of the adventure so far as I'm aware. [/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli sags visibly; hunched over and cradling her wound she lets the bloody head of her spear drop to the ground. She glances up, eyes full of pain, and her gaze meets Siddhartha's. A brief moment and she gives the warrior a sharp nod.

"Wounded as we are we can't take a risk with waking the orc. I say kill it." She doesn't think Aszar would object but glances over at Erin and Wilmorn to see if they will speak up against the action.

Scuttle walks around next to the dead orc Kepli helped fell. He looks around almost as if wondering if anyone saw his spectacular flop to the ground or maybe he's pretending that he meant to do that (with birds, it's hard to tell).

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: +10 (+12 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 5
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +5

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance
Special:
Concentration +6
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Alchemist's Fire 2/2 (w/ Aszar)
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 6 Current: 6
CMB: +0 CMD: 6 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +4

In Beak: Nothing
Conditions: None yet
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +4 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]
 

FrancisJohn

First Post
Siddhartha the Hunter
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 2/17
AC: 18 FF:14 T:14
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3 Initiative: +6
Unarmed: C. Longbow SR2 +6 d8+2
Armed: Longsword +6 d8+4
Arrows: 97/100
Common Modifiers: Deadly Aim -1/+2, Point-Blank +1/+1[/sblock]

Silence is consent. With a newfound sense of strength, Siddhartha's blade comes down on the sleeping victim. Just to make sure, he violently strikes again. A coup-de-grace of the highest degree.

Without any trace of emotion. "What is plan?"

[sblock=Rolls]Coup-de-grace: 2D8+8 = [1, 4]+8 = 13

Coup-de-grace: 2D8+8 = [8, 5]+8 = 21
[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli doesn't let Siddhartha work alone at this grisly task and she moves to make sure of the dead orcs. It is awkward work with her spear but she does it. She flings blood from her spear to the dirt as she intones a litany to the spirits. Scuttle manages to get underfoot and ends up speckled with blood but Kepli seems to think it is his due. Once certain all the orcs are dead she will begin the equally gruesome task of searching the corpses for anything of use, information or monetary valuables.

"We should drag the bodies into the underbrush first."

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, +1
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, +1
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Alchemist's Fire 2/2 (w/ Aszar)
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Conditions: None yet
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]
 

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png

Still a bit woozy from her near death experience, Erin nods grimly at Kepli. "I agree, hiding their bodies is the best plan." She sheathes her blade, and sits down for a moment to clear her head.
 


jkason

First Post
As the party drags the bloody bodies from the road, there appears no further sign of threat. If the orcs had any other backup, it's nowhere to be seen. How long before they might be missed by the main camp, too, remains a mystery.

For now, the noonday sun beats down on the beaten and bloody party as they try to collect their thoughts, nurse their wounds, and settle on a course of action beyond the disposal of bodies.
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top