AC: 18 FF:14 T:14
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3 Initiative: +6
Unarmed: C. Longbow SR2 +5 d8+2
Armed: Longsword +5 d8+4
Arrows: 98/100
Common Modifiers: Deadly Aim -1/+2, Point-Blank +1/+1[/sblock]

Siddhartha bows his head towards the merman, "Aszar, thank you, and I am again thankful for the powers of the ocean." Addressing the others, "I can take watch if need be, although the rest would help." After Wilmorn returns with a suitable location, Siddhartha wearily takes off his gear and begins to unpack.

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png

Erin gets up, and does the pleasant job of making her robes presentable again with a touch of minor magic. "Thank you for thinking of me Aszar, but I'm more happy that the others received your gifts." Erin shuffles off to lean against a tree, concealing the pain from her wounds and the spider venom. "When that goblin wakes up, let me know. I'll interpret whatever you want to say, and whatever he says. In the meantime, I'll be over here resting. Speaking of which, I can take a watch shift tonight but I'll need time to recover my magics. Using my best magic takes a lot out of me."

[sblock=Erin Vaneese Mini Stats]

Erin Vaneese
AC:16 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 4/8
CMB: +1 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +1
Perception: -1 Sense Motive: -1
Initiative: +4

Concentration: +5
Arcane Pool: 4/5
Level 0 Spells Prepared: Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1 Spells Prepared: 0/1 Mirror Strike

Class Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Linguistics +9, Profession (Cook) +3, Spellcraft +8, Stealth +11

Current Weapon in Hand: Wakazashi, +3, 1d6-1, 18-20, S or P
Current Conditions in Effect: Str -4
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli nods and takes the pack from Wilmorn.

"Sure, we'll hold onto it. We won't even look inside, or not for long anyway." Her eyes twinkle and she flashes the ranger a smile before turning away to put the pack with her own gear. She looks over at Erin. "Maybe you should take the early morning watch, then, so that it doesn't interrupt your sleep. I can take a watch in the middle of the night; it won't affect my communing with the spirits and I'm not hindered by the darkness."

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: +10 (+12 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +5

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance
Special:
Concentration +6
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 5/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Alchemist's Fire 2/2 (w/ Aszar)
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 6 Current: 5
CMB: +0 CMD: 6 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +4

In Beak: Nothing
Conditions: None yet
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +4 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Aszar nods in reply to Siddhartha's gratitude. He grabs the horse reins and remains quiet and still. He gazes upon the horizon with his big stoic eyes, although there's certain nostalgia on his shark features. "I can keep watch at any time, my gaze can pierce darkness."

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

[sblock=MiniStats][SIZE=+1]Wilmorn[/SIZE] Human Ranger 1
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 4
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +2

In Hand: Morningstar
Conditions: Poisoned, reduced strength (-3),
Medium Encumbrance (+3 dex max, -3 ACP, 20' move)
Favored Enemy:
  • Human +2
  • Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival
  • Weapon Attack and Damage
  • May ID creature untrained (look, it's a human!)
Wild Empathy: 1d20-1
Skills:

Acrobatics +7, Handle Animal +2, K(Dungeoneering) +5, K(Geography) +5, K(Nature)+5, Perception +6, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Survival(Track) +7

Notes for this trip:
Chain shirt (equipped; removed studded leather)
Spider meat x4
[/sblock]

Wilmorn catches Kepli's parting words as he stumbled into the woods, and looks back as if to say something when he sees her smile. He blushes at the smile and the realization of a joke, and quickly turns back to his search of their campsite.

The ranger returns shortly, and guides the group to an area far enough off the path keep passerbys from noticing them. He helps the group bring the gears and the goblins to a smaller patch just off the campsite, and works to get them bound and gagged. Once ready, he returns to the scene and does his best to remove the markings of the skirmish, before rejoining the party.

With everything settled, he starts a low fire and prepares the fresh catch for a meal. "I can take the last watch with you, Erin. I mean, to help give you time to prepare and all."

[sblock=ooc]I have silk rope we can bound them with, and we can gag them with strips of what they are wearing. After we relief them of all their gears and goodies, of course.

Siddhartha, you want to do the honors? The rest of us can aid you in bounding them. I think our GM wanted a CMB roll, and you look like the right guy for the job :).

Aid Another (Siddhartha, bind leader,gob1,gob2): 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5
1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21
1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23

In case Wilmorn catches the bleeding goblin in time.

First Aid (DC15): 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6

Watches. Looks like Siddhartha | Kepli | Aszar or Wilmorn | Erin and/or Wilmorn.
[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

Erin nods at Wilmorn. "I could use the company. Still not feeling myself. I've practiced combat for years, but I've not actually seen it until now." She sighs, and sits against a tree wearily, a small bloodstain again visible on her robes.

jkason

First Post
Wilmorn returns with a campsite location soon enough, and reminds the party to search their prisoners before moving them. Beyond their armor and weapons, the smaller goblins each carry a vial of an unidentified liquid and a large of coins.

The leader, whose gruesome weapon is actually of a particularly fine make, has far more in the way of wealth. One of his belt pouches is filled with glittering gems.

Scuttle, nursing his grievous wound, sulks a bit to the south, pecking at the parchment the smaller goblins were arguing over when Wilmorn and Erin stumbled upon them.

[sblock=ooc]
After we relief them of all their gears and goodies, of course.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to mention that. ;)

Loots. Remember, all gear is sized for Small characters:

EACH small goblin has:
Leather armor (10 gp)
Light wood shield (3 gp)
Short sword (10 gp)
Shortbow (30 gp)
20 arrows (1 gp)
Unidentified vial (value unknown)
13 gp

The rager has:
Studded leather armor (25 gp)
Masterwork horsechopper (310 gp)
Shortbow (30 gp)
20 arrows (1 gp)
Bag of gems (Anyone want to try Appraise?)

There is also the parchment that Scuttle is currently nibbling the edges of[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Siddhartha the Hunter
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 5/9

Siddhartha nods in approval at Wilmorn's suggestion to bind the goblins. There must be a difference between captivity and slavery. After he ties them up with surprising acumen, he looks over there belongings as well. "I have no use for any of this, do what you want with it. Maybe at the end we split the gems and gold."

Next, Siddhartha looks at the goblin who might need medical care. He pre-emptively applies the same mud and spit mixture to his wounds too.

After rummaging through the spoils, he sits down next to Wilmorn as he prepares dinner. "Ranger, that sounds like a fair plan for the night watches. What do you think about keeping the campfire going through the night?" The scent of the the cooking meat appreciates in his nostrils.

[sblock=Binding Rolls = 43, 41, 47, Heal = 16]
Bind Boss, G1, and G2 +5:
1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23 + 20 captive = 43
1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19 + 20 captive + 2 aid = 41
1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25 + 20 captive + 2 aid = 47
Pre-emptive heal check on goblin that needs it:
1D20+3 =
[13]+3 = 16

(Well, there goes all of my good rolls.)[/sblock]

Last edited:

grtrtle

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Indeed! Nice rolling there. I rolled a 20 on goblin 2 on the aid another, too. I don't think he's going anywhere. Glad to see a good roll on the boss, as I failed that aid.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Siddhartha the Hunter
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 5/9

After a nice deep breath, he speaks to Erin. "When they wake, get their names. We at least owe them that." Turning to the whole group. "Was this violence necessary? Was it provoked? Could we have avoided it? Things to think about for sure."

Siddhartha stares into the flames. "Oh yes, and what to do about the fire during the night...." His voice trails off as he ponders his line of questioning. Sometimes violence is the only answer.

Remove ads