AC: 18 FF:14 T:14
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3 Initiative: +6
Unarmed: C. Longbow SR2 +5 d8+2
Armed: Longsword +5 d8+4
Arrows: 98/100
Common Modifiers: Deadly Aim -1/+2, Point-Blank +1/+1[/sblock]

Unsure of how to best help, Siddhartha sits their quietly. Focusing rather on cleaning off his blade, and preparing his new bow before watch tonight.

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

[sblock=MiniStats][SIZE=+1]Wilmorn[/SIZE] Human Ranger 1
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 4
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +2

In Hand: Morningstar
Conditions: Poisoned, reduced strength (-3),
Medium Encumbrance (+3 dex max, -3 ACP, 20' move)
Favored Enemy:
  • Human +2
  • Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival
  • Weapon Attack and Damage
  • May ID creature untrained (look, it's a human!)
Wild Empathy: 1d20-1
Skills:

Acrobatics +7, Handle Animal +2, K(Dungeoneering) +5, K(Geography) +5, K(Nature)+5, Perception +6, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Survival(Track) +7

Notes for this trip:
Chain shirt (equipped; removed studded leather)
Spider meat x4
[/sblock]

Wilmorn stares at Kepli in open awe as she responded to Siddhartha's suggestion, the shock of that suggestion completely lost in the shock from Kepli assessment of it. As the goblin comes to, Wilmorn gulps and moves to check and make sure the bond is secure. He frowns, unsure if this, or any, goblin will give them the information they need. Then, it dawns on him. He moves a small distance away from the goblins, and whispers to Kepli, "um, perhaps you should be the one to interrogate the goblin. It seems you have a way with..." he peeks over to Siddhartha before continuing, "...um, hostile people."

The ranger considers the goblin's tone. Turning back to Kepli, he offers as he kicks at a small rock embedded in the earth, in whisper, "I wish we could at least get him to tell us what kind of trouble we'll be in and from whom."

[sblock=ooc]Wilmorn thinks the obvious voice and leader of the group is Kepli here, and his demeanor since dinner would reflect this.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli scowls which makes a crease between her brows then nods at Wilmorn's suggestion.

"I'll do what I can but going through a translator will blunt the effect, I think." She looks over at Erin to make sure she is ready. "Umm, translate however you need to." Kepli chews on a fingernail as she thinks; she would much rather play the heavy hand in this situation but she isn't too skilled at that sort of thing. She's much better at smoothing over small disagreements. Finally, she looks over at Siddhartha, Wilmorn, and Aszar. "It might help if you make appropriate motions of agreement as I speak. I'm not sure it will help but it's worth a try."

She turns her attention back to the goblin and speaks directly to him even though she thinks he probably won't be able to understand her. "I am Kepli, born of storms, talker for Aszar the Mighty who I know you have heard of his great deeds because there are lots of them. We are much sorry for bashing you near to death; if we wanted to be mean we would put your heads on sharp sticks which we like to do but only when we get paid. That is why we look for the place for selling killing. Only you stopped us, wrongly trying to kill us for being alone which wasn't true because you was with us."

Kepli taps her lip with one finger as she tries to figure out what to say next. "We would untie you since we are allies but you have already proven to be much stupid when you tried to kill us. We can forgive this if you tell us what kind of prezzy would be most liked by you-know-who and how we should address you-know-who because we don't want to be stupid and rude and end up with our heads on sharpened sticks." It's a start, anyway.

[/section]
[sblock=OOC]Aid another Diplomacy checks from whomever would like to help would be welcome.
Kepli's diplomacy: [roll]1d20+9[/roll]

EDIT: I guess [roll] doesn't work within sblocks. :( Adding a Coyotecode roll: _: 1D20+9 = [4]+9 = 13
[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: +10 (+12 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +5

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance
Special:
Concentration +6
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 5/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Alchemist's Fire 2/2 (w/ Aszar)
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 6 Current: 5
CMB: +0 CMD: 6 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +4

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +4 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Siddhartha the Hunter
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 5/9

Siddhartha simply stares at the goblin. He is torn with the fact that the prisoners are at his mercy, as much as he was at the mercy of his former masters.

[sblock=Aid Another = 1]Aid Another: 1D20-1 = [3]-2 = 1
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Aszar

Seeing where the shaman's words are leading, Aszar takes a more aggressive postures, elevating on his tail to look more impressive and tall. His eyes glow with wicked energy, which add to the effect. Actually, however, themerfolk sage is using his powers to drain the goblin from the ability to distinguish truth from lie.

OOC: Using evil eye on the goblin, he gets - 2 to skill checks in case he wants to use Insight. Diplomacy aid another: 17

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

[sblock=MiniStats][SIZE=+1]Wilmorn[/SIZE] Human Ranger 1

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 4
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +2

In Hand: Morningstar
Conditions: Poisoned, reduced strength (-3),
Medium Encumbrance (+3 dex max, -3 ACP, 20' move)
Favored Enemy:
  • Human +2
  • Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival
  • Weapon Attack and Damage
  • May ID creature untrained (look, it's a human!)
Wild Empathy: 1d20-1
Skills:

Acrobatics +7, Handle Animal +2, K(Dungeoneering) +5, K(Geography) +5, K(Nature)+5, Perception +6, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Survival(Track) +7

Notes for this trip:
Chain shirt (equipped; removed studded leather)
Spider meat x4
[/sblock]

The ranger strains to follow Kepli and manages to work out most of what Kepli said as Erin translated. Too late to offer any sort of affirmation in a fitting manner, Ranger stands stoically with his ranseur upright and firmly gripped in his hand.

jkason

First Post
The goblin looks between Kepli, Aszar, and Siddhartha, considering the words Erin translates and the various glares of Kepli's allies. His wrinkled face wrinkles more as Erin translates the word for allies, his eyes narrowing as he focuses in on Kepli, considering.

He looks back to his still-unconscious, wounded companions, then turns back to Erin. He starts spitting and grinding out words. The language itself has a tendency to sound menacing, but as Erin translates, the group realizes it isn't really just the gutteral nature of the goblin's tongue.

[sblock=Translated by Erin]"You says you allies, and you sound like you means it, so I guess you believe it. Seem like they hire any waste of skin for this job if they pick people who ride food." (here the goblin jabs his chin toward Aszar's horse).

"But get hired together doesn't mean I trusts you. I know better than give a bunch of money-buy killers what they wants while we tied up and hurts and my friends almost deads. I like my throat without a big, bloody slicing in it.

"You want help. I want not-die. More money-buy killers makes a bigger show for when trying to sell money-killing, right?

I say, you earn trusts with heals for us, and taking away tight knot ropes on us, and maybe I talk our boss into play nice."[/sblock]

When he's finished, the goblin gives a wide, toothy grin which seems more predatory than charming.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Siddhartha the Hunter
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 5/9

Looking at the state of the goblin, Siddhartha speaks, "Siddhartha thinks that goblins are in no position to talk deals. They attacked us so their trust must be earned first. We can talk to the big boss himself." After that, silence, as the hulking brute has no comfort in any type of awkward social situations such as this.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli frowns when Erin translates and she turns to the others.

"What do you think? I'm not one to trust a goblin but..." She glances back at the goblin but turns back to her companions. "The other option is to go it alone and see if we can figure out what this mercenary killing business is about."

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: +10 (+12 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +5

In Hand: shortspear
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance
Special:
Concentration +6
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 5/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Alchemist's Fire 2/2 (w/ Aszar)
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 6 Current: 5
CMB: +0 CMD: 6 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +4

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +4 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Aszar Kzolp, Merfolk witch

"Siddhartha is correct, it is them who need to earn our trust, and it us who they need to convince, if they want to walk alive out of this situation." Aszar says. "Tell him he has two options, he either cooperates, or he dies here. Tell him I will feast on his soul." whether the last sentence was meant as a bluff intimidation, or if it is actually true, its impossible to tell with the stoic unfazed expression in Aszar's face.

Remove ads