• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Please, feel free to take a break from th fight. No need to get yourself killed over some rats." offers Gerraldo as he watches every one file onto the lift.

Lindeloef

First Post
"I don't see the need to carry around the 100 gold while killing rats. And don't worry Mr. Gerraldo, if the plan of our Alchemist works, you might have an even bigger cave to store your wine."

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim boards the lift and waits for the others.

[sblock=ooc]
Assuming we can all fit on the lift at the same time, I will be casting Guidance on the way down, prior to us exiting. If you are not familiar with the spell, it is a +1 bonus to a single attack roll, save throw or skill roll. Since the spell only last a minute, it will probably be whatever is your next action. So, call it and apply the bonus.

I will be performing this spell prior us entering a new room or engaging a target (that doesn't know we are there). To save time, so I don't have to RP every time I cast the spell (if it is alright with SD), I see it as a quick huddle and saying, with a quick flourish of her hand, something like "With the god's favor, lets get in there and kick some arse!"

If you need the buff other then the times I said, just ask and I will cast it.[/sblock]

Mr.Tinker

First Post
Listening to Tirgas story and way of life makes an impression on Morgrym. He could however never try such a life out for himself and would not care to depart with gold and other valuables. He was not that into animals, except using them for alchemy or something similar: " Which he probably should keep to himself " he thought.

Since Dame Morrogrim's threat, the alchemist has been almost as silent as the grave, but as everyone else refuses to get the pre-payment, he steps forth " I will take the gold in advance brother " he says to their employer. " you never know when you might need them, eh ?! Besides, if everything goes down the drain, it would be a good incentive for you to send some more people after us. Don't worry though, you got the toughest exterminator team in E'n on the job " and he makes a gesture towards the group.

"... And don't worry Mr. Gerraldo, if the plan of our Alchemist works, you might have an even bigger cave to store your wine."

" Indeed brother, I have a great plan that should repel the rodents away from your wine cellar, with this ! " and he picks up a orange vial that looks impressive. " it should strike the fear in those giant dogs... eh, I mean giant rats that might also be in relation to dogs, some distant relative... well you get my drift. Now shall we get going ! "
[sblock=Orange Vial]Those that take a glimpse at the vial see that there is a sticker on it that says: " SHAMPOO "[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

another test

[sblock=Orange Vial]Those that take a glimpse at the vial see that there is a sticker on it that says: " SHAMPOO "[/sblock]

GM: *dm rolls eyes* I was wondering what that might turn out to be.

It may be hard to see, but the E is the elevator and the little blue blob to the south is the bell rope

wine celler take 2

darn, just realized - no grid lines

each alcove is 10 x 10, with 10 feet between each alcove. All halls are 10 feet wide EXCEPT the hall running directly south of the elevator which is 15 feet wide.

the letter 'H' is where the hole was made to the 'rat cave'.

you can see the little blue blob a lot better now

Last edited:

Cyclopean

First Post
Tirgas searches for any sound or sign of rats, while Topaz continues tasting the air.
[sblock=Roll] Perception: _: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15 Survival: _: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25
. Topaz is still attempting to Track using Scent. [/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tirgas the Hermit
AC: 16* (15 flat-footed, 11* touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +2 CMD: 13†
Fort: +3‡ Reflex: +1‡ Will: +5‡
Perception: +8
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Prepared (Cantrips): Create Water, Know Direction, Read Magic
Spells Prepared (1st): Cure Light Wounds x2

* +4 Dodge AC vs. giants
† +4 vs. trip and bull rush
‡ +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities

Topaz
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 19/19
CMB: +3 (+7 to Grapple) CMD: 16 (Immune to Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Perception: +1 (Scent)
Initiative: +3

Tricks: Attack, Come, Down, Track

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

Cyclopean

First Post
OOC: Ah, sorry for getting ahead of myself. Tirgas, Topaz, and Morrogrim are on the lift, and while Morgrym and Robert haven't said so explicitly, they seem to have said things to the effect of "ready to go."

Scott DeWar

OOC: lets go then .. .. ..

It is quite apparent why Markos works in this warehouse. His arms ripple with strength as he lets the lift down in the pully system swiftly, the group feels very little jerking about as he executes his task. The shaft is lined with oak planks, the smell of fresh cut timber strong still, the lift is made of some sort of dark colored wood, the rope made of expensive silk. The pulleys are so new, they hardly have a squeek.

He sticks his head over the edge, some 30 feet up, and says, "I'm leavin da lift down there so's youz guys can get back up real quick like, if needin be."

Topaz continues to taste the air, seemingly confused by the overwhelmingly present ode' de rat (lugt af rotte) (Geruch von Ratten), even "Those who walk on extra tails", the party, can smell the musky stench. Finally the snake pulls to the left, where the hole is. What ever is down there, A cold damp breath flows steadily from there.

OOC: hearing based perception from all, give me marching order and initiative as well, please. I am trying to figure out a grid for the map still.

Tirgras being of the dwarvin peoples, sees about to where the H is on the map.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads