Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Roughy River Run

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yo5thl.jpg

Fhanna Lorewalker, Lore Shaman 2
Roughy River
Day 6/Morning
Round 0


“Mornin’, Caius,” Fhanna returned. She grinned as Seros mussed her hair a bit and slapped his rear as he passed.


“Coffee shuild be ready noo,” she told the others. “Save me a cup,” she said before she headed off into the woods to do her morning ablutions.


The smell of the sizzling sausage greeted her as she returned. “Ah, I dae love a guid sausage,” she said, wriggling her eyebrows at Seros as she wrapped her hands around a warm cup of coffee. “I got the horses fed an’ watered. I’ll hook ‘em up after breakin’ fast.” She held up a bit of bread to the raven on her shoulder and scratched Archimedes on the head.


Perception (Fhanna); Perception (Archimedes); Initiative: 1D20+11 = [9]+11 = 20http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=144995
1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8
1D20 = [14] = 14



[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action:
Move:
Free:
Buffs:
Archimedes:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Fhanna Lorewalker Mini Stats]
Fhanna Lorewalker
HP: 21/21 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 10 T: 15 Without armor: 10/10/10
CMD: 11
Ammunition: 8/10 bolts
Monstrous Insight (4/day/0 used)


Spells Prepared
0: Daze, Detect Magic, Light, Touch of Fatigue
1. Identify (Spirit Magic), Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep


Game Notes:
Seros is a fantastic lover.
[/sblock]

 

log in or register to remove this ad

Jago

Explorer
Seros Animus
[section]~ " Morning-Morning, Caius, Sylvain. Slept a lot-less-happily than I did in Roughy River, but it'll do out here. How about yourselves?"

Seros was content to continue maintaining his blade, whispering to it in his own tongue. While his ears were acute to the sounds of his fellows, he never missed a small prayer or chant to his saints, beseeching them for the power and strength to get through the day.

" Methinks it would make sense to have some time to reckon once we arrive on their sodden boundaries."

" Aye, agreed, Master Sylvain. I'd rather not be walking through a bog in the dark."

He was able to finish up his ritual cleansing shortly before Fhanna returned, feeling within himself a new source of The Firecast's gifts. The Aasimar stowed away the sword back into its leather sheathe, then carefully put away his cleaning materials as well. The scabbard was affixed to the sword-frog at his belt, and Seros felt whole once more.

" Master Caius, grab some food," he motioned to the sausages stuck in the fire, " Some sausage and coffee will do you good."

“ Ah, I dae love a guid sausage.”

" You are incorrigible, panienka," Seros chuckled at Fhanna's insinuations and teasing expressions, grinning and feeling a small rush of warmth to his cheeks. She was certainly far more forward than the girls back in Rorn, which was saying something for a society that wildly encouraged adding more soldiers to the Kingdom. He briefly considered whether or not he was just an adventurous fling to the Dwarf or not, but decided against bringing that up for now: they still had a long journey back to Venza, after all.

He made for coffee as Fhanna did, pouring the dark liquid into a simple, tin cup and breathing it in deeply. It still took some getting used to: the strong, red teas of his homeland had their own pleasantness to them, whereas café was ... well, frankly, bitter. Very bitter, but not entirely objectionably so. Snatching up the sticks in the fire, Seros made to hand one out to each of his companions, munching happily while helping to break down their camp.

The fire was left roaring in case anyone else made to try and dry out their equipment, all while Seros began to fill the wagon with whatever the group could not carry themselves.

" Saints, or your Gods, willing, this humidity breaks before we reach the Downs," he lamented throughout the work, still feeling that horrible, sticky feeling across his skin and hair, " Maybe a little prayer, Caius, to help coax some good weather?" he asked good-naturedly. ~[/section]

[sblock=Seros's Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 10/10
Condition: Eating and packing
Initiative: +2
Perception: +9

AC: 17 Flat: 14 Touch: 13 (Currently Touch)
Fort: 3 Reflex: 2 Will: 5

In Hand: Sausage-On-A-Stick, whatever goes in the wagon

Longsword (Two-Hands): +3, 1d8+4, 19-20/x2
Sling: +2 1d4+3, 20/x2, 50. ft.
Bullets: 20/20

Orisons: Unlimited
Detect Magic
Disrupt Undead
Guidance
Read Magic

Level 1: 1/Day
Bless
Divine Favor

Other daily abilities:
Judgment: 1/1 Remaining
Daylight: 1/1 Remaining

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions:
Total Coin: 20.51 GP

Game Info:

[/sblock][/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yo5thl.jpg

Fhanna Lorewalker, Lore Shaman 2
Roughy River
Day 6/Morning
Round 0


Fhanna laughed. “Incorrigible’s me middle name, luv,” she assured Seros with a teasing wink. The dwarf popped open one of the kegs of Rough River Ale and poured a generous portion into her coffee before drinking it.


As Seros loaded the wagon, Fhanna retrieved the horses, hooking them up and readying them for the day’s ride.


[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action:
Move:
Free:
Buffs:
Archimedes:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Fhanna Lorewalker Mini Stats]
Fhanna Lorewalker
HP: 21/21 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 10 T: 15 Without armor: 10/10/10
CMD: 11
Ammunition: 8/10 bolts
Monstrous Insight (4/day/0 used)


Spells Prepared
0: Daze, Detect Magic, Light, Touch of Fatigue
1. Identify (Spirit Magic), Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep


Game Notes:
Seros is a fantastic lover.
[/sblock]

 



FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]The group broke camp early in the morning. Despite the early hour, the temperature and humidity made their presence felt. Due to all of the moisture trapped underneath the forest canopy, and morning sun beating down on top, the heroes could have argued they'd trade places with lobsters in the pot.

That being said, full of sweat and grime, they continued on through Ravenbelly all morning, reaching Crook's Creek. They passed the bridge where they were assaulted by brownies, and although it was a mere few days ago, it is now a distant memory. Discussions of past friends, such as Doriandra, Erin, Valdemar, and Gazrak filled the morning conversation. In fact, at this spot is where Caius, Seros, and Drayvin joined the party. But no lingering thoughts of nostalgia could stop the group from their arduous march back to Venza. And shortly afterwards, as hoped, they reached the end of the Ravenbelly Forest and bid it farewell.

Upon leaving their temporary verdant home, the expanse (and brightness) of the landscape simultaneously overwhelmed and enlightened their spirits. One troubling aspect though, was the heat. No longer in the wood, the humidity dropped, but the full violence of the high noon sun began to cook the travelers. After an hour or so of leaving the woods, the sullen visage of the Westerley Downs was upon them.[/section]
sep2016_b04_greatdismalswamp.jpg__800x600_q85_crop_subject_location-2763,2302.jpg

[section]As they reached the edge of the dismal swamp, cloud cover returned. Although the direct assault of the sun has temporarily receded, moisture of the swamp made it feel like they were back in the forest. Coupled with the indirect sunlight, no physical respite was to be had. After traveling for the morning, the group decided now was a proper time for lunch and to make preparations for swamp travel.[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Everyone post IC, before heading into the swamp. RP away![/sblock]
 

Jago

Explorer
Seros Animus
[section]~ The heat was killing him. His slightly-golden skin was burning in the sunlight, leaving parts of his face and the V of his chest redder than Fhanna's hair. He would have covered himself up more, but that would have only overheated the aasimar even faster. He was almost happy for the clouds, save for the fact that his skin might as well had been coated in molasses for how sticky he was.

" This. Is. Miserable."

There was no more mirth in Seros's voice. As the wagon came to a stop, he drew respite from his waterskin, resisting the urge to dump the cool liquid upon his hair. His armored coat still remained off, the fencer's shirt he wore now a little translucent just from sheer sweat. It was clear that the day, even without a single fight, was taking its toll, erasing the happy memories of Roughy River in place of mosquitos, heat, and mud.

" I'd say a rest is in order before we head into that nightmare," Seros indicated the marshland before the travelers, " Take advantage of the cloud cover, get some water and food, and the horses a chance to rest."

He took another sip of water for himself, brushing his sleeve across his brow to dry it.

" We should've stayed in the damn village," he chuckled roughly, turning to his compatriots.

" What do we have left in the way of food?" ~[/section]

[sblock=Seros's Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 10/10
Condition: Uncomfortable
Initiative: +2
Perception: +9

AC: 17 Flat: 14 Touch: 13
Fort: 3 Reflex: 2 Will: 5

In Hand: Nothing

Longsword (Two-Hands): +3, 1d8+4, 19-20/x2
Sling: +2 1d4+3, 20/x2, 50. ft.
Bullets: 20/20

Orisons: Unlimited
Detect Magic
Disrupt Undead
Guidance
Read Magic

Level 1: 1/Day
Bless
Divine Favor

Other daily abilities:
Judgment: 1/1 Remaining
Daylight: 1/1 Remaining

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions:
Total Coin: 20.51 GP

Game Info:

[/sblock][/sblock]
 

Deepthought

First Post


This was just right. Out of the gentile forest into the blasting sun. What else to do but lift everyones spirit, Sylvain reckoned.

"Oh swamplands in the sun,
shown to me by my fathers hands,
sing the praise of your streamlets run,
you-ur stinkin ponds and your long drowned sands

I say, what about rest, do we want to head on straight into the life affirming stink of the swamp,
or shall we spend the night just in range of the stink but out of range of the midges?
I think we should not get trapped in the bogs at night, what y'all think?"




[sblock=OOC]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Preemtive Rolls
Perception, Initiative: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10
1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15


[/sblock]


[sblock=Sylvain Mini Stats]
Sylvain
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +1
CMD: 13
Fort: +1
Reflex: +6
Will: +3
Initiative: +3
Perception: +3
Perform: +8
Disable Device: +9
Bardic Performance: 7/7
Cantrip remaining: Unlimited
Level 1 remaining: 3/3
Current Weapon in Hand:
None
Current Conditions in Effect:


Temporary items in possession:
Masterwork Panpipes (Wind Instrument)

Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted:
none[/sblock]
 

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]DT, good call asking for preemptive rolls.... if everyone could do that too, that would be great!

So you all figure, travelling through the swamp can be accomplished by night fall. (barring anything.... interesting)

<<insert maniacal laugh>>[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2yo5thl.jpg

Fhanna Lorewalker, Lore Shaman 2
Roughy River
Day 6/Afternoon
Round 0


“Och, t’ be ‘ome in me Setheir Mountains,” Fhanna sighed, wiping the sweat from her forehead. Her freckles stood out more on her cheeks and nose as they darkened in the sun. “I shuildhae bought one o’ them wee parasols the fancy lassies in Venze carry. Or mebbe a covered palanquin tha’ ye strong, mighty lads cuild carry me in,” she said with a chuckle. “I think we c’n press on through the swamp b’fore night, though,” she told Sylvain.


Fhanna took a long drink and then dug around in the food sack. She handed out some bread, sausage, cheese, and ale. She’d made sure to take plenty from what was left of the Roughy River feast, though given the heat, she made sure to check if the food was still good.


And, of course, there was plenty of Roughy River Ale.


Perception (Fhanna); Perception (Archimedes); Initiative: 1D20+11 = [19]+11 = 30
1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8
1D20 = [6] = 6



[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action:
Move:
Free:
Buffs:
Archimedes:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Fhanna Lorewalker Mini Stats]
Fhanna Lorewalker
HP: 21/21 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 10 T: 15 Without armor: 10/10/10
CMD: 11
Ammunition: 8/10 bolts
Monstrous Insight (4/day/0 used)


Spells Prepared
0: Daze, Detect Magic, Light, Touch of Fatigue
1. Identify (Spirit Magic), Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep


Game Notes:
Seros is a fantastic lover.
[/sblock]
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top