• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF]Something's Cooking

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim stands in the doorway of the tavern, letting his eyes wander across the room as his eyes adjust to the interior lighting. Once his eyes adjust he turns to Tio, "Time ta' work on dat beard some more an see what ye can learn!"

Fulgrim crosses the tavern towards the bar and pulls a stool out a bit and clambers atop of it. He leans heavily on the bar with his elbows waiting for the barkeep to come by so he can order some ales.

[sblock=OOC]

Perception check to notice anything about the other patrons and tavern itself.

[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
The common room and it's inhabitants seems to be pretty typical for what you would expect from the neighborhood. Looking maintained, but worn, it looks like it could hold about three dozen people, plus another dozen on and behind the stage. The barkeep, a grizzled middle aged human comes over, "What can I get you? Lunch is over, though we might still have some cold leftovers we could give you, at half price of course. Otherwise, we have your basic ales, and the house brew."

Qik

First Post
Hopping up on the stool next to the dwarf, with the extra bit of effort required from a small being lacking in strength, Ni waves down the bartender with a toothy grin. "Ahoy, good sir! Two ales, please, of whatever brew you recommend." As the bartender fills their mugs, the gnome confides, "I'm working on my beard, you see."

Receiving the full mug with both hands, the gnome takes a generous swig and then begins to have a look around the tavern. Turning to the bar keep, he says, "So, fine sir, I hear there has been a bit of crime as of late in this area. Mayhap you could share any details you may be privy to with two beard-laden folk such as ourselves?"

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 9/9
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +2
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 2/2
Eidolon: Unsummoned[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
The bartender pours a couple glasses of the homebrew. It's a cross between moonshine and proper whiskey; an unusual taste that takes some sips to get used to, but after that, not the worst piss you've ever drank. He's friendly enough, but wary at the mention of crime. "Put some hair on your chest? I'm afraid I don't have any of that around. I try to keep the hard liqour to a minimum so that families aren't completely terrified of coming in occasionally. I suppose we have a bit of crime, but I doubt any neighborhood has it to some extent. The watch usually keeps it to contained, though I have noticed that when the regular constable is out sick, the substitute seems to be a bit less caring about the neighborhood, preferring the comfort of his office to the effort of actually having to get to know his assigned area."

Qik

First Post
Ni takes a few small sips of the beverage, acclimating himself to the taste, which is a far cry from ale, which itself was unlike anything he had ever drank before. "Hmm - does the regular constable get sick often? Seems unusual for a usually-hardy man of law." Taking a few more sips, he adds, "And, did he happen to be sick when the recent theft took place?" Ni's voice is calm and casual as he speaks.

[sblock=OOC]Not sure whether the previous roll carries throughout the dialogue, or whether I need to reroll with every new question, so I figured I'd err on the safe side. Feel free to disregard if it's the former.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]You don't have to roll for each question as long as the general tone is the same throughout the conversation.[/sblock]

"Poor guy is just unlucky. If he isn't really sick, his wife is, or his children. Nothing funny about it. If you saw the pain in his face whenever the subject came up, you'd know it was real. Sometimes he'll go months without a problem, and then be out half of the time or more for six months with someone filling in for him the remainder, usually some desk jockey from headquarters that can't grasp the concept of actual work. He has been out recently, but can't say for certain if he was during the specific incident you seem to have in mind without knowing what you are referring to."

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=Fulgrim]A few people glance when you first mention the crime, but drift away when it becomes apparent that you're just another stranger commenting on the local scene. Beyond that, you don't see or hear anything unusual.[/sblock]

Tark

First Post
OOC: Touch confused here did me and Vincenzo go to the watchhouse or are we at the bar? If it's the watcvhhouse Temarels going to let Vincezo take the lead here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads