• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF]Something's Cooking

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Team Tameril/vVncenzo

Vincenzo looks at Tameril as the two teams depart to their separate ways.
*shrug*
"To the watch house then. I want you to know that I am not strong on this matter of talking to people. How about this, I am of house del Vecchio, that is fact. We are a merchant house , also a fact, and are looking into the expanding of the family business here, but we are concerned about this robbery. You are my associate and are here to give me uh, .. .. .. .."

He glances at the celestial eidalon - her intimidating glare returned as a confirmation.

"Protection. Sound plausible? We are just independently looking into this crime. Yes?"

Qik

First Post
"Humph," grunts Ni in response, taking a rather thoughtful sip of his ale. "Sounds like a bad run of luck, indeed. This constable, does he happen to live in the area? Perhaps it would be useful to talk to him."

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 9/9
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +2
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 2/2
Eidolon: Unsummoned[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Aye, he lives in the area just his pappy and grandpappy before him. Wouldn't accept anything but following in their footsteps walking these streets, protecting his neighbors, despite the hand nature dealt him by giving him a weak body. Talking to him wouldn't do no good, though. If he was on duty, he would have already filed a report and started an investigation; if he wasn't, he wouldn't know anymore than anyone else on the matter." You notice the barkeep's eyes light up at the mention of the past, suggesting he is as connected to this neighborhood as the man he talks about, as are apparently several others in the inn who toast the barkeep's comments.

"You seem a good enough sort,I'll give you a tip if you keep it quiet where you got it from. The Black Masks have been showing up here off and on for five years now, taking advantage of our good constable's physical limitations. They rarely strike in the immediate neighborhood but will occasionally, we think either as a training exercise, or returning from a bad run and trying to cover losses. They know better than to do much more than that around here. The substitutes don't like being pulled away from their comfortable chair, and know how to make things plenty hot for those responsible for that capital crime. While they rarely do things themselves, they usually have information for those who care to provide assistance in such matters. The locals make dang sure of that much."

-------Watch Station-------
The sergeant, a bit frazzled when you enter, recovers his senses well enough after a quick snap of using the bell first. "How can I help you fine citizens today?"

Qik

First Post
"I very much appreciate the tip, kind sir; we're certainly interested in helping the situation if'ns we can. So you'd think it worthwhile to go inquire at the watch station about this gang of black masks?"

The gnome takes another sip from his mug, downing the last of its contents.

Tark

First Post
Temarel follows Vincenzo's lead in regards to their "role". He endeavors to make his willowy form at least seem imposing if Sauvressa seems to overpower it with her divine menace.

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim follows, finishing his mug of ale, a look of surprise as he notes Tio finished his ale before the dwarf his own. "Time fer one more ye think?"

Qik

First Post
Tio grins. "I don't see why not. I've got a whole lot of beard left to grow, after all." The gnome orders two more ales, and with a clink of his mug against the dwarfs, begins working on this round in earnest.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
-------Watch Station-------
The sergeant, a bit frazzled when you enter, recovers his senses well enough after a quick snap of using the bell first. "How can I help you fine citizens today?"

Temarel follows Vincenzo's lead in regards to their "role". He endeavors to make his willowy form at least seem imposing if Sauvressa seems to overpower it with her divine menace.

Vincenzo smiles at the desk Sargent as the trio enters the watch station.

"Ah, yes, how indeed can you help us today. I am Vincenzo of family Del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio . We have a possible merchant venture that could bring our interest into your neighborhood of the great city of Venza. However a recent crime has us concerned about our investment that could *ahem* hinder (left eyebrow raises a twitch at this word for emphasis) the decision makers within my family from giving a positive out come. We were sent to inquire as to the results of the investigation. It is in regards to a theft of properties."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I see. I will inform the captain you are here. If you could take a seat, I'm sure it will only take a few minutes to get in to see him." The sergeant disappears into a back office, and reemerges shortly to return to his desk where he grabs a random document on his desk and tries to look busy. About a minute later, another man emerges and beckons you back into the office. He comes across as open, but very stiff and formal. "I understand you are here regarding the status of an investigation. I fear that we are a bit behind as the regular person for this station is out sick at the moment. Still, I might be able to provide enough information to satisfy your family if you can give me a few more specifics on precisely which crime you seek details on."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads