[LPF] The Curse of the Brown Auroch

Grayn

Villager
Adventurers are sent to check out happenings at the Brown Auroch Tavern.

Heroes:
Pirvinia von Lichenstein
Samad Salili
Lightfeather
Paskell

[sblock=XP]
Adventure start date: 8/28/13

Paskell=3556
Pirvinia von Lichenstein=3900
Samad Salil=3556
Lightfeather=3573
[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Final Awards]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Rules]

  • We will be using a modified Initiative Block system. The way it works is:

Initiative rolls:
Player 1 - 12
Player 2 - 8
Player 3 - 19
Player 4 - 7
Bad Guy - 10

The action flows with P1 and P3, then the bad guy and then P2 and P4. Once the groups are set, any players in the first group can play first and then any players in the second group can play after the bad guy. Just let me know if you have any questions.


  • Characters are eligible to level when they have accured enough encounter and time based XP, but that is delayed until the end of the current combat.
  • Please notify the GM is you will not be able to post at least once per 48 hrs. If the party is in the middle of combat and you don't post within 24 hrs when your turn starts, the GM reserves the right to move your character to keep the flow of the battle.
  • All players need to post a picture of your character (preferably a head shot) to be used as a token.
  • Please use sblocks for anything other then IC posts.

[/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

Villager
[sblock=Judge's notes]A place holder for if I need to track anything on down the line that will affect the final payout.
This is Grayn's first time in the GM chair for PbP here at LPF, so be gentle.

Have fun.[/sblock]
 

Grayn

Villager
The doors of the Inn fly open and a young woman rushes into the establishment, pushing through various patrons. Tears stream down her face as she stops at the bar.

TRIXIE!!!

She screams frantically with her face buried in her hands. Trixie drops her tray on a random table and dashes across the room. She throws her arms around the woman in a protective hug.

Grenish! What’s wrong? What happened?

He did it! He finally did it!

Grenish sobs as Grog quickly walks around the bar and places a large hand on the woman’s shoulder in an awkward attempt to calm her. He leans down and leads the women to a more private corner of the Inn, so the three can quietly discuss what has happened. The woman relaxes some as she quietly tells Trixie and Grog her story.

A large, swollen mark can be seen developing on the woman’s cheek.

Grog straightens and grits his teeth in an obvious display of anger. He speaks with a booming voice.

'ey! Which one of yous wants ta 'elp teach sum' o'er-sized gorilla dat likes to hit girls ah les'on?
 

perrinmiller

Villager
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female



Pirvinia approaches the trio with her wine goblet in hand, but a look of purposeful determination on her face.

Her eyes are cold. Her tone is flat, but there are hints of anger underneath, "I am fairly good at teaching lessons, and I am more than happy do so on those that take pleasure on beating on unwilling women."

"What is it that happened? I assume some brute did this and not an actual gorilla."


From the rafters of the tavern, a small bird chitters as it lands on Pirvinia's shoulder.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative: +8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor) (Touch 12, Flat-footed 10)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMD: 11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
None

Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/6

Mazi
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC: 18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP: 10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]
OOC: @Grayn, can you please use quotation marks. I read & draft posts from the email notifications and if you are only using color to mark dialog, it doesn't actually show up for me. Thanks.
 

omnitricks

Villager
The tengu was watching at the commotion. In a sense, it was exciting on a safe way for him but after a while he got bored of it especially when he couldn't hear the story that was being shared amongst the trio. Paskell was halfway through a mouthful of his dinner when the booming voice made him miss out on a few bites that caused him to swallow and nearly choke himself. A good thing that he didn't.

Bringing his plate with him Paskell took a look at the mark on the woman's cheek and commented "bah, those are the worst kind. I wouldn't mind teaching that thug a thing or two about how he should be treating a lady" not that the tengu is the best candidate to do so.
[sblock=OOC]Have to go somewhere and I'll be busy over the weekend so I'll finish the box thingy on Monday[/sblock]
 

Grayn

Villager
As Pirvinia and Paskell approach, they hear a heated conversation between Trixie and Grog.

"That worthless, good for notin', son of a worg, drunkin' half-orc..." Trixie pauses her tirade mid-sentence and looks up at Grog. "No offence, boss."

Grog makes a conciliatory shrug. Grenish continues to sob uncontrollably, the mark on her face is beginning to turn a shade of purple and is contrasted by her pale complexion as the blood seems to be draining from her face. She looks as if she would fall to the ground if Trixie was not there for support.

"The gorilla were talkin' about is Flerg. Him and his wife owns the Brown Auroch Tavern across town. Grenish, my sister here, used to work there."

[sblock=OOC]You know, I completely forgot about the long weekend for some. We can take the intro slow over the weekend, let everyone get in-game, and talk to the trio before we head out.[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Villager
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female



Pirvinia sips her wine, absorbing the expressions and words said.

In her minds the issue looks to be a matter for the white cloaks if there are laws broken. But the it sounds more like Grog and Trixie are looking for some vigilante justice. She frowns at the idea. For all she knows, Grenish was asking to be punished for doing something in appropriate.

The sorceress wants to more of the story before she gets involved.

"So her employer punched her? What was the reason?"

"Why did the wife not stop it beforehand? Or is the gorilla married to a shrewish troglodyte or something?"


[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative: +8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor) (Touch 12, Flat-footed 10)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMD: 11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
None

Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/6

Mazi
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC: 18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP: 10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]
 

Grayn

Villager
Grenish slightly lifts her head off of Trixie's shoulder and looks at Privinia with blood shot eyes.

"Du..du..don't..wa.. tro..ble.."
She says in between sobs and drops back into Trixie's arms. Trixie's eyes flash.

"You want a reason to punch a girl? Grenish is just a simple barmaid tryin' to make a livin'. She ain't like you adventurers. And how would I know what his wife ws doin' or is like? All I know is Flerg is a huge half-orc."

Trixie spits her words in anger. Grog nods his approval.

"'e be a biggun. Bigger den me."


"He was some sort of brawler, back in t'e day. Makin' money off o' hittin' people."
 
Last edited:

Grayn

Villager
Trixie sees Samad approach and gives him a nod of appreciation.

"Flerg was known to be a major thug before he settled down. Beat lots o' people wit' 'is bare hands. The locals were scared of 'em. If you could haul 'em in, since the cowards won't touch de' lout, then maybe de' would lock 'em up for awhile. But, 'ur probably goin' to need a enough muscle of 'ur own to take 'im down."

"Roughin' 'im up a lil' pro'ly gud idea, too." Grog interrupts.
 
Samad bowed at Trixie's comment, "As-salamu alaykum. I am Samad Salil, servant and sword of great Bashu, and it would be pleasurable to bring down a tyrant such as this. Just as well, this one Paskell and I have worked together before, recently. I can vouch for his skill and mine."
 

perrinmiller

Villager
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female



Pirvinia frowns as the questions are evaded and everyone appears to think that is it okay to assault someone based on hearsay and general dislike.

"Just because you don't like him and he is known to violence is not reason enough for us strangers to get involved when we have to explain ourselves to the authorities after we start a tavern brawl. The White Cloaks are going to stick us in a cell right along beside him. Particularly if I have to get really nasty when dealing with him. I am not the sort of person to play fair."

"Defending the weak when you see the being downtrodden is one thing, but if he hit Grenish because she was incompetent and then insulting about it when he tried to correct her, that is something else.
Who knows what Flerg will say to explain himself."

"
So again, why did the brute hit her? There must be a reason. Or is he just crazy and hits everyone all of the time?"


[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative: +8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor) (Touch 12, Flat-footed 10)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMD: 11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
None

Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/6

Mazi
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC: 18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP: 10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]
 

Grayn

Villager
Grenish makes an attempt to compose herself, carefully wiping tears away while staying away from the obvious injury. Trixie stays defensive, but relaxes a little.

"I...I...don't want anyone to get into any trouble on my account. He's been drinkin' again...a lot. I went for a bottle he was drinkin' from, for an order, you know? A..A..And he back handed me."

"Ever since his daughter disappeared, he's been back on the bottle." Trixie adds.

"An..An..and the odd things that's been happenin' at the tavern haven't helped. He's never sober no more...I'm worried for Elisha. That's Flerg's wife." Grenish stammers and tears begin to form in her eyes, as Trixie nods in sympathy.

"You don't need to do notin' that would get you thrown in with 'im. Just 'old um so he don't hurt no one else until we convince the cowards that call themselves the authority in dis town to do der job."
 

perrinmiller

Villager
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female



Pirvinia finishes her wine, now that she understands the situation. She sets the goblet on a nearby table for another barmaid to take back to the kitchen to be washed.

"I see, just a drunkard that needs to be tossed in the dungeon until he learns to behave. Very well, I shall help deal with him."

"My name is Pirvinia von Lichenstein, of the von Lichenstein Undead Hunters.
Except I decided to broaden my horizons and depart from family traditions," she introduces herself.

She continues as she address Samad and the quiet tengu, "If Flerg is so big, then I could make a stop at a shop to look into some spell scrolls to make him smaller. However, I already have a spell that can make one or more of you the size of an ogre. Then we can see who has the bigger... well, you know."

In truth, Pirvinia is not that familiar with human male genitalia to really know how it compares to typical half-orcs or tengus.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative: +8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor) (Touch 12, Flat-footed 10)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMD: 11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
None

Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/6

Mazi
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC: 18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP: 10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]
 

Grayn

Villager
"Undead Hunters?" Grenish's ears perk up at Pirvinia's introduction.

"Shush, now! We don't need to be bringing up such nonsense right now." Trixie says under her breath as she squares Grenish's shoulders, so she can stare into her eyes to direct her attention.
 
The joke flew over the elf's head. The slayer had a good point, and one thing stuck out from Trixie's addendum.

"You have said that his daughter disappeared? When did that happen?"

[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +4
Perception: +8, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+7, 1d6+3, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/4

Used Items:
-
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Grayn

Villager
"Ay, she disappeared about a year ago, almost to the date."

"Both Flerg and Elisha were never the same after the girl's death." Grenish states as tears return to her cheeks.

"You don't know that, Grenish! No bodys ever been found!" Trixie retorts sharply.
 

Gorgon Heap

Villager
Minutes earlier a woman had entered and quietly walked to a quiet corner to sip at a goblet of wine alone. Though unimposing and aloof, she’s every bit as exotic as the oddly-dressed elf, Samad; a young Goti plainswoman in leathers and feathers.

She was content to remain apart from the drama until the conversation dropped literally right next to her. She tried not to listen – after all it wasn’t her business to interfere in the personal affairs of some drunkard and his employees. But at last the conversation has taken an interesting turn.

Lightfeather image.jpg

She moves closer to the small group now. “Excuse me. I am not interrupting. I hear you and think this is maybe something I can help with after all.” Her accent is strangely undefined and her wording inexact. “To see a violent man to fight is not worthwhile, but to give a man peace by returning his missing child is an honorable task. I would seek to find this child if she lives.”
 

Grayn

Villager
Trixie cocks an eye at the ranger.

"You can look all you want, the entire west sides been through the sewers and surroundin' bogs not findin' nuthin' of that girl. If you really wanna help, just hold Flerg till we get there with the locals."


GM: Okay, now that we have everyone in the game and we're at the end of the long weekend, please give me a Diplomacy roll along with any of your questions to the NPCs and we will get this rolling proper.
 

perrinmiller

Villager
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female



Pirvinia glances sidelong at the newcomer and shakes her head, "There are so many ways one can be killed without leaving a body behind. If there is a quest to be had in searching for the drunk woman beater's daughter, you are not talking to the right person anyway. You should ask the mother, after we have seen to her husband being turned over to the White Cloaks." The sorceress doesn't see that potential conversation going very well at all, unless Elisha is actually in favor of seeing her husband thrown into the dungeon for his own good.

After Samad ignored her earlier, she asks instead, "Since the half-orc brute is supposed to be bigger and tougher than Grog, how are you two planning to subdue him?"

"I am certainly not going to be grappling with him, one swipe of a meaty backhand is likely to send me flying across the room. I do not intend to get any closer than necessarily to hit him with a spell or two."


Mazi, the thrush on her shoulder, chirps in agreement.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative: +8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor) (Touch 12, Flat-footed 10)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMD: 11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
None

Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/6

Mazi
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC: 18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP: 10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]
 
Samad thought for a moment, "Tales of my youth told of clever Bashu putting the beast Sabok to sleep to rescue the soul of a hero who had been consumed and prayed for salvation. Perhaps we, too, could put this one to sleep until such time as the authorities arrived?"
He glanced back at Pirvinia, "It is known that some who work with magic can do this, are you able?"
[sblock=OOC]I'm not sure what we're using for dice rolls, so I used Invisible Castle
Diplomacy (1d20+8=15)[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +4
Perception: +8, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+7, 1d6+3, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/4

Used Items:
-
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top