[LPF] The Curse of the Brown Auroch

Grayn

First Post
Adventurers are sent to check out happenings at the Brown Auroch Tavern.

Heroes:
Pirvinia von Lichenstein
Samad Salili
Lightfeather
Paskell

[sblock=XP]
Adventure start date: 8/28/13

Paskell=3556
Pirvinia von Lichenstein=3900
Samad Salil=3556
Lightfeather=3573
[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Final Awards]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Rules]

• We will be using a modified Initiative Block system. The way it works is:

Initiative rolls:
Player 1 - 12
Player 2 - 8
Player 3 - 19
Player 4 - 7
Bad Guy - 10

The action flows with P1 and P3, then the bad guy and then P2 and P4. Once the groups are set, any players in the first group can play first and then any players in the second group can play after the bad guy. Just let me know if you have any questions.

• Characters are eligible to level when they have accured enough encounter and time based XP, but that is delayed until the end of the current combat.
  • Please notify the GM is you will not be able to post at least once per 48 hrs. If the party is in the middle of combat and you don't post within 24 hrs when your turn starts, the GM reserves the right to move your character to keep the flow of the battle.
  • All players need to post a picture of your character (preferably a head shot) to be used as a token.
  • Please use sblocks for anything other then IC posts.

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Judge's notes]A place holder for if I need to track anything on down the line that will affect the final payout.
This is Grayn's first time in the GM chair for PbP here at LPF, so be gentle.

Have fun.[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
The doors of the Inn fly open and a young woman rushes into the establishment, pushing through various patrons. Tears stream down her face as she stops at the bar.

TRIXIE!!!

She screams frantically with her face buried in her hands. Trixie drops her tray on a random table and dashes across the room. She throws her arms around the woman in a protective hug.

Grenish! What’s wrong? What happened?

He did it! He finally did it!

Grenish sobs as Grog quickly walks around the bar and places a large hand on the woman’s shoulder in an awkward attempt to calm her. He leans down and leads the women to a more private corner of the Inn, so the three can quietly discuss what has happened. The woman relaxes some as she quietly tells Trixie and Grog her story.

A large, swollen mark can be seen developing on the woman’s cheek.

Grog straightens and grits his teeth in an obvious display of anger. He speaks with a booming voice.

'ey! Which one of yous wants ta 'elp teach sum' o'er-sized gorilla dat likes to hit girls ah les'on?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia approaches the trio with her wine goblet in hand, but a look of purposeful determination on her face.

Her eyes are cold. Her tone is flat, but there are hints of anger underneath, "I am fairly good at teaching lessons, and I am more than happy do so on those that take pleasure on beating on unwilling women."

"What is it that happened? I assume some brute did this and not an actual gorilla."

From the rafters of the tavern, a small bird chitters as it lands on Pirvinia's shoulder.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative: +8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor) (Touch 12, Flat-footed 10)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMD: 11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
None

Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/6

Mazi
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC: 18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP: 10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]
OOC: @Grayn, can you please use quotation marks. I read & draft posts from the email notifications and if you are only using color to mark dialog, it doesn't actually show up for me. Thanks.

omnitricks

First Post
The tengu was watching at the commotion. In a sense, it was exciting on a safe way for him but after a while he got bored of it especially when he couldn't hear the story that was being shared amongst the trio. Paskell was halfway through a mouthful of his dinner when the booming voice made him miss out on a few bites that caused him to swallow and nearly choke himself. A good thing that he didn't.

Bringing his plate with him Paskell took a look at the mark on the woman's cheek and commented "bah, those are the worst kind. I wouldn't mind teaching that thug a thing or two about how he should be treating a lady" not that the tengu is the best candidate to do so.
[sblock=OOC]Have to go somewhere and I'll be busy over the weekend so I'll finish the box thingy on Monday[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
As Pirvinia and Paskell approach, they hear a heated conversation between Trixie and Grog.

"That worthless, good for notin', son of a worg, drunkin' half-orc..." Trixie pauses her tirade mid-sentence and looks up at Grog. "No offence, boss."

Grog makes a conciliatory shrug. Grenish continues to sob uncontrollably, the mark on her face is beginning to turn a shade of purple and is contrasted by her pale complexion as the blood seems to be draining from her face. She looks as if she would fall to the ground if Trixie was not there for support.

"The gorilla were talkin' about is Flerg. Him and his wife owns the Brown Auroch Tavern across town. Grenish, my sister here, used to work there."

[sblock=OOC]You know, I completely forgot about the long weekend for some. We can take the intro slow over the weekend, let everyone get in-game, and talk to the trio before we head out.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia sips her wine, absorbing the expressions and words said.

In her minds the issue looks to be a matter for the white cloaks if there are laws broken. But the it sounds more like Grog and Trixie are looking for some vigilante justice. She frowns at the idea. For all she knows, Grenish was asking to be punished for doing something in appropriate.

The sorceress wants to more of the story before she gets involved.

"So her employer punched her? What was the reason?"

"Why did the wife not stop it beforehand? Or is the gorilla married to a shrewish troglodyte or something?"

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative: +8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor) (Touch 12, Flat-footed 10)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMD: 11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
None

Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/6

Mazi
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC: 18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP: 10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
Grenish slightly lifts her head off of Trixie's shoulder and looks at Privinia with blood shot eyes.

"Du..du..don't..wa.. tro..ble.."
She says in between sobs and drops back into Trixie's arms. Trixie's eyes flash.

"You want a reason to punch a girl? Grenish is just a simple barmaid tryin' to make a livin'. She ain't like you adventurers. And how would I know what his wife ws doin' or is like? All I know is Flerg is a huge half-orc."

Trixie spits her words in anger. Grog nods his approval.

"'e be a biggun. Bigger den me."

"He was some sort of brawler, back in t'e day. Makin' money off o' hittin' people."

Last edited:

Grayn

First Post
Trixie sees Samad approach and gives him a nod of appreciation.

"Flerg was known to be a major thug before he settled down. Beat lots o' people wit' 'is bare hands. The locals were scared of 'em. If you could haul 'em in, since the cowards won't touch de' lout, then maybe de' would lock 'em up for awhile. But, 'ur probably goin' to need a enough muscle of 'ur own to take 'im down."

"Roughin' 'im up a lil' pro'ly gud idea, too." Grog interrupts.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad bowed at Trixie's comment, "As-salamu alaykum. I am Samad Salil, servant and sword of great Bashu, and it would be pleasurable to bring down a tyrant such as this. Just as well, this one Paskell and I have worked together before, recently. I can vouch for his skill and mine."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases