[LPF] The Curse of the Brown Auroch

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia3_zpsa7ffdd2f.jpg

Pirvinia shakes her head in reply to Samad's question, "Casting the spell of slumber, this I cannot do normally."

"Though, I do have a spell that is capable of stunning, blinding or even knocking out the weak-willed. But it requires me to get fairly close to deliver it. I can coat the ground or a weapon with slippery grease, if that helps."

"I also have a few wands, one that allows me to cast a few illusionary images that might prove to be very useful,"
she says with a playful smirk.

"What sort of abilities do have, Samad?"

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative: +8, Perception: +4 (6 with Mazi)
AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armor) (Touch 12, Flat-footed 10)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMD: 11, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +4 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot

Weapon in Hand:
None

Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/6

Mazi
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision; Perception: +11
AC: 18 (Touch 16, flat-footed 16)
HP: 10 Current: 10
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +5
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +7, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)][/sblock]
OOC: Since you all played together in a previous adventure, what sort of posting frequency are we going to have? Typically I am posting 3-6 times per week

Grayn

First Post
GM: I can keep up with whatever you guys post, but I would rather respond to a group of posts vice each single post. I've been holding off this week to let everyone get a say in, but you as a group don't necessarily have to say anything. You have enough knowledge of the town to find the tavern on your own, if you so choose.

There's nothing saying you have to give me a diplomacy roll or talk to the NPCs any further, either. But, just a heads up into my GM-ing style, I don't usually present the whole story and just point you in the direction...you may have to work for it a bit.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The nomad thought for a moment more, scratching his head and flexing his fingers. "Hmm. I have never truly tested the extent of mine own magic, having rarely needed it before when mine own sword could do as well. I have healed wounds with a touch, and bought success from the hands of failure. I am of certainty that fair Bashu will reveal to me what else, if any, I may do in time. However, I had learned from my elders how to weave spells from written scrolls and channel it through wands. I had just come from that magic bazaar, perhaps we could find what we were looking for there?"

[sblock=OOC]I can usually post about 2-3 times a week, though it's usually dependent on when the DM posts.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +4
Perception: +8, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+7, 1d6+3, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Dervish Dance
Spells Remaining (1st): 4/4

Used Items:
-
[/sblock]

Last edited:

omnitricks

First Post
Paskell was busy finishing up his meal, actually absorbing what he just learned if someone questioned him. Sounds pretty straightforward though despite the discussion. "So we just need to knock some sense into this Flerg's head?" and maybe some other stuff for good measure. "Its already a year for the girl so I'm don't think there is any reason to waste our time on it." As far as Paskell was concerned, she was probably dead and gone already. Or maybe she just ran away from her woman hitting father.

As for how they were going to hold Flerg, the tengu just shrugged saying "better to just beat him back. He'd learn his lesson too" which was actually what they were being asked to do. But to be on the safe side, "any idea how good a brawler he was back in the day?"

[sblock=OOC]diplomacy roll: 1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=22
I assume this is to gather information? Then I get to roll twice and get the results from both :p

Anyway I can post daily just I've been recovering from my trip and I have to prepare for something else this month so it might be lesser/slower.[/sblock]
[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +7 Will: -1
Perception: +6
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect: Finesse

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
Trixie turns to the group.

"Oh, he was good. Real good. But, all back street fights, you know what I mean? The local bosses like to use him to keep people in line. He had a reputation. But, he's been mostly settled when his daughter Misha was born. Bought the tavern with Elisha and settled down. Him, his family and those two big dogs of his."

She walks back to the bar to get Grenish a glass of water and wet towel for her face. Grenish looks up and smiles weakly, especially at Paskell, somewhat amused by his plumage. She leans in and speaks to the party in a whisper before Trixie returns.

"There's more goin' on in that tavern, I know there is. Somethin' just ain't right. Noises after closin' time, bottles flyin' cross the room. Not just fallin' off shelves, but flyin'!"

She stops talking abruptly as Trixie returns with the water and towel. Trixie gives her sister a sideways glance and turns her attention to the party.

"Elisha was a mess after the disappearance of Misha. She went to a real dark place, not sure if she ever returned. She just walk around like the soul was just ripped from her. She often said she felt drained, like she was hollow inside. But, you know, that family was never that solid. Flerg may have felt settled in the tavern, but Elisha said things got worse after they bought it."

Trixie looks around the Inn and surveys the waiting customers.

"I gots to help these people. Grenish, you sit here and wait. Once I get things together here, I will head out to talk with the locals."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia glances over at the tengu and asks, "Are you good at delivering the beat down? Flerg sounds tough if Grog is giving him respect. And if the tavern is haunted, then he is probably driven half mad. The more I am learning, I think Flerg's wife is half to blame for this as well."

"I am sorry, Samad. But any sleep spell on a scroll will be less effective than my own incompaciting magic. If the half-orc is a tough as they say, I do not trust a slumber spell to be strong enough to bring him down."

Weapon in Hand:
None

Mazi

Gorgon Heap

First Post
Lightfeather looks deeply uncomfortable with all this talk about arcane magic and unnatural spirits. She was also disappointed that these people were willing to brush aside the girl's disappearance. With such strange circumstances and magic involved, not to mention whatever other mysterious affairs are happening, she wasn't ready to surrender on the point.

For the moment she simply listened along to get an idea of the real danger, which was likely more compelling than a thuggish half-orc.

Last edited:

Grayn

First Post
Grenish sits and watches Trixie return to her duties at the bar. When she is satisfied that Trixie is sufficiently involved with patrons, she turns to the group and suddenly leans in with wide eyes and a matching grin.

"Yous think the place is haunted? I knew it!" She says with an excited slap on her knee. "Trixie don't like me talkin' 'bout it none, seein' I ain't seen nothin' and she thinks people will start callin' me crazy, but I knew there was somethin' goin' on there! I don't know if Elisha has any hand in it, she's always been nice enough, considerin' what shes been through. Flerg's got enough hidin' in his closets to cause all sorts of mischief and ghost comin' back wouldn' be out of the question, I suppose."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia glances sidelong at Trixie going about her business. The sudden change in Grenish's attitude is arousing her suspicions and she is glad that she did not decide to just run off on a mission of vengeance to accost the half-orc. While the brute sounds like a real bastard, there appears to be more going on at that tavern than a barmaid getting swatted too hard by her boss.

Keeping her voice low, she turns back to Grenish, "I come from a family of undead hunters, so I know things like apparitions, ghosts, and shadows do exist and can be quite dangerous. If the tavern has..."

"I occurs to me. If the daughter's spirit has not found peace, perhaps she is actually haunting the tavern. Hmmm, in addition to dealing with the thug of an owner, maybe we should be prepared for the incorporeal."

"How are the rest of you equipped for dealing with undead? Are any of you by chance an exorcist or priest?"
She asks Samad, Lightfeather, and Paskal.

"On the way, we might need to visit the temple shops and acquire several flasks of holy water just in case."

Weapon in Hand:
None

Mazi

omnitricks

First Post
"Could be" Paskell said in reply to his capabilities of delivering the beatdown, "at least better than Samad here." To the tengu Samad was only good with magic, not too reliable but "prepare those sleep spells anyway. They could be useful against the dogs" before thinking about what else to expect.

But ghosts? Not really what Paskell was expecting or intending to face. "I see a ghost, I'm off. I'm only in to teach a little lesson, thats all."

Remove ads